2013 Tampa Bay Rays Thread

hlsiii

Addicted to Softballfans
I still think something is up with David Price. He definitely isn't the same pitcher he was last year. Granted I realize he was injured but still.

Brooks

Addicted to Softballfans
I still think something is up with David Price. He definitely isn't the same pitcher he was last year. Granted I realize he was injured but still.

He's probably still got arm issues and he's playing through it.

Brooks

Addicted to Softballfans
20 games left, how do you guys think we finish out?

I don't know but Maddon needs to instill discipline in his offense. Move guys up & down the order based on smart & disciplined at bats. Bench guys who keep doing stupid stuff at the plate. ANYTHING other than "hoping they snap out of the funk and find their groove".

Brooks

Addicted to Softballfans
2 in a row. Great pitching by Archer & Co! Offense still in desperate need of a jumpstart! Need to sweep the Twins. No excuses, play like champions!

Brooks

Addicted to Softballfans
If we can hang on to a wild card spot, I'm guessing Cleveland gets the other. If that happens, I like our chances! The fact that Cleveland has been feasting on lousy teams can be a double edged sword. It's only human nature to play down to your competition. Then they have a one game playoff against a much higher level team and BOOM goes the dynamite! If Tampa can keep the pitching razor sharp and get some runs here and there, they can make a solid post season bid. I like the idea of playing Boston in the first round over Oakland or Detroit. I keep hearing mummers about Crain joining the bullpen, but haven't seen him. Need him to be a lock down 8th inning guy!

JTtampabay

Addicted to Softballfans
If we can hang on to a wild card spot, I'm guessing Cleveland gets the other. If that happens, I like our chances! The fact that Cleveland has been feasting on lousy teams can be a double edged sword. It's only human nature to play down to your competition. Then they have a one game playoff against a much higher level team and BOOM goes the dynamite! If Tampa can keep the pitching razor sharp and get some runs here and there, they can make a solid post season bid. I like the idea of playing Boston in the first round over Oakland or Detroit. I keep hearing mummers about Crain joining the bullpen, but haven't seen him. Need him to be a lock down 8th inning guy!

Crain is being activated today I believe

hlsiii

Addicted to Softballfans
Huge walk-off for Loney!!

Way to step it up Rays and take the Series from the O's not an easy task.

Brooks

Addicted to Softballfans
Pretty amazing that Tampa's offense is doing most of the heavy lifting w/o big contributions from Myers or Longo. Dejesus and Loney have stepped up. I hope Jennings comes back soon. He was warming up quick! Take a day off and they will be dead the way things are w/ Cleveland & Texas! Need to win 5 out of last 6.

Brooks

Addicted to Softballfans
No doubt Tampa needs to win out! I like the way things are going. They are getting key hits when they need them and the pitching is coming through. A dangerous squad in October!

JTtampabay

Addicted to Softballfans
The one game wild card worries me. If they can get past that I think they could make it a good series with Boston

SplEEb

Game Junky
was reading the rays forum yesterday. Lots of people hatin on madden and his decisions.
Of course the players are looking a little sloppy also.
Todays the day, but to me it doesn't matter, they don't stand a chance in hell against boston.
One of the guys posted something very interesting about the rays not being able to win the big games.
I'm a cleveland transplant and I always thought the same thing about the indians. We'll see.

JTtampabay

Addicted to Softballfans
was reading the rays forum yesterday. Lots of people hatin on madden and his decisions.
Of course the players are looking a little sloppy also.
Todays the day, but to me it doesn't matter, they don't stand a chance in hell against boston.
One of the guys posted something very interesting about the rays not being able to win the big games.
I'm a cleveland transplant and I always thought the same thing about the indians. We'll see.

I love joe , although I don't agree with all of the decisions he makes I still think he's top 5 managers in baseball. As far as the rays not being able to win big games , I've seen that a lot. Today will be a nerve racking day. It seems that they play down to their competition.

Brooks

Addicted to Softballfans
Can't believe he let Price ride it out! His big stars shined bright! I like Cobb in Cleveland. Go Rays!

JTtampabay

Addicted to Softballfans
What is y'all's prediction for this series? I have the rays in 5 but I'm a homer so what do I know
Game 1 -Boston
Game 2- rays
Game3- rays
Game4-Boston
Game5- rays