2013 The One Senior

Ken07

DeMarini/Wilson Sports Senior Pro
Having swung the Miken Ultras since I started playing senior ball at 52 (now 58), I recently had the opportunity to swing the Senior One vs my Ultra Maxload and Kevins White Centenarian. I hit with some senior hitters in San Francisco in about 65 degree weather and was so surprised that yesterday I repeated this in Wisconsin in 89 degree temps. While I have always loved the Miken feel of the bat hitting the ball and had great performance out of the 30oz red maxloads I swung, my perception of no bat outperforming the ultra has been shaken., My perception, for me, was not reality.
First off both times I hit in conditions that varied from cool to warm, so compression of the mostly 44 325 balls, with some rocks in the mix, was consistent under the two temp extremes. I hit with 3 game ready 30oz red miken maxloads, with a 100 hit 2013 28oz Demarini Senior the One as well as a 30 0z 2012 Demarini Senior The One, and a 28 oz 100 hit White Centenarian.
To summarize, I found with distances of 350 plus in SF and 380 plus in Wi, that both the Demarinis 28 and 30oz bats were fairly consistently performing 20 feet longer than my Ultras and the sweet spot appeared to be very similar. The white Centenarian, was similar in performance to the Demarini.
While I can't say how it will perform in another senior hitters hands, and stating that I have decent power for a 55 major plus hitter, I found that the Demarini Senior One, both 2012 and 2013 models in the 28 and 30oz versions were out hitting my Ultra and had a comparable sweet spot on mi****s. Besides this, both bats were more durable. I broke none of the Demarini Senior Ones in this testing, yet broke 3 of my Ultra gamers. The Ultras have such a unique feel of the ball burying into the bat, that I always assumed it had the best sweetspot and distance, but for my swing, it appears both the One and Cent are bats that outperformed the venerable U2 for me anyway. I will be playing a tournament this weekend and will be starting it with the 30oz Demarini Senior One. A white cent that I tested for Kevin in january, was also a great bat and I left it at Woodlawn Hitting club in St. Pete, and they tell me it now has 1500 swings...unreal. so in summary, give the Demarini One a shot, great bat performance and for me alot better durability than the U2.

dynatone

Addicted to Softballfans
I used the 2012 version most of last year with very good results. It became my gamer over the U2 SE I was using (and eventually sold). This bat felt balanced to me.

Had 3 anchors put in my throwing shoulder on Jan 31, so I haven't gotten completely back, but have been swinging a 2013 test bat from my Factory Hitter. It feels better yet. Will be picking up one when I'm ready to go full time again.

There are lots of details to support this, but the high level is that the 2013 is hotter, more durable (suggested that 100 cuts are needed to break in), and has .5oz of end load. It feels awesome.
I'd recommend you try it out.

ffdonnie

Addicted to Softballfans
Having swung the Miken Ultras since I started playing senior ball at 52 (now 58), I recently had the opportunity to swing the Senior One vs my Ultra Maxload and Kevins White Centenarian. I hit with some senior hitters in San Francisco in about 65 degree weather and was so surprised that yesterday I repeated this in Wisconsin in 89 degree temps. While I have always loved the Miken feel of the bat hitting the ball and had great performance out of the 30oz red maxloads I swung, my perception of no bat outperforming the ultra has been shaken., My perception, for me, was not reality.
First off both times I hit in conditions that varied from cool to warm, so compression of the mostly 44 325 balls, with some rocks in the mix, was consistent under the two temp extremes. I hit with 3 game ready 30oz red miken maxloads, with a 100 hit 2013 28oz Demarini Senior the One as well as a 30 0z 2012 Demarini Senior The One, and a 28 oz 100 hit White Centenarian.
To summarize, I found with distances of 350 plus in SF and 380 plus in Wi, that both the Demarinis 28 and 30oz bats were fairly consistently performing 20 feet longer than my Ultras and the sweet spot appeared to be very similar. The white Centenarian, was similar in performance to the Demarini.
While I can't say how it will perform in another senior hitters hands, and stating that I have decent power for a 55 major plus hitter, I found that the Demarini Senior One, both 2012 and 2013 models in the 28 and 30oz versions were out hitting my Ultra and had a comparable sweet spot on mi****s. Besides this, both bats were more durable. I broke none of the Demarini Senior Ones in this testing, yet broke 3 of my Ultra gamers. The Ultras have such a unique feel of the ball burying into the bat, that I always assumed it had the best sweetspot and distance, but for my swing, it appears both the One and Cent are bats that outperformed the venerable U2 for me anyway. I will be playing a tournament this weekend and will be starting it with the 30oz Demarini Senior One. A white cent that I tested for Kevin in january, was also a great bat and I left it at Woodlawn Hitting club in St. Pete, and they tell me it now has 1500 swings...unreal. so in summary, give the Demarini One a shot, great bat performance and for me alot better durability than the U2.

Ken thanks for your opinions.
Any updates?
I had access to one when I posted this but was afraid of breaking and paying for it. Now I think I'll hit my buddy up for a test run. If he'll still let me.

Ken07

DeMarini/Wilson Sports Senior Pro
I've been swinging the 2012 model Demarini Senior One here at home until I get a 2013 and I really like the bat alot. It was more balanced than the ultra 30oz maxload and alot more than the Centenarian. I have found in 3 more sessions that the Demarini and Centanarian are 20-25 feet further than U2maxload, sweet spot is similar and the durability is a ton better. I just kept breaking the ultras so much and the new ultra I had was dead and continued to be dead after 250 swings. I have switched to using the Senior One 30ozer as my gamer and really like the way the bat swings..it swings so easy and after 100 swings seems to really open up. I did break my 30ozer in 250 swings and am working on my second one...thats not bad but I understand 2013 models are more durable with similar performance. I was getting about 40-60 swings on the ultras I had. The Centenarian is more end loaded and similar in performance...the Demarini Senior One and Cent are the best two senior bats that I have tested.. different feels but similar performance. No more ultras for me...never thought Id say that.

newbill/kti15

Addicted to Softballfans
I live in Washington state, and played a 40 and over tourney this past weekend... It was rainy and wet and I swung my 2013 Senior Demarini with no issues... Several guys on my team swung it as well... I probably have 200 cuts on my 30 oz and it is very hot... So I would say this bat is very durable for Senior bats...

agelesseyes

Addicted to Softballfans
Any end load?

I had a 28 ounce 2012 senior the one but it was so balanced it was kind of unusable for me is there any endload in the new 2013 one?

kreug5

Addicted to Softballfans
Kreugs tested it.

I played with newbill this weekend and got a first hand look at what the bat does( and it was impressive) i just bought one and hit it in league last night and im going to be a demarinni fan now! Ive hit them all and im very impressed. [email protected].

dynatone

Addicted to Softballfans
Got my first post-surgery live pitching BP in today. Swung a little Stadium2, a little white short barrel Centenarian, and a little 2013 Sr One. The white Combat was good, but I LOVE the new Sr One! Get it!

kreug5

Addicted to Softballfans
just a note

i have over 150 cuts on the demarinni one and had it put under a usssa bat tester and it still would pass for usssa.This tells me that they are real durable for a senior bat and has a ton a pop to start.I here they get even hotter after a couple hundred hits.Im going to test it again in a few more hundred hits and see what the tester says.I just have to get rid of this hammy i just pulled. kreugs.On a side note i hade two senior guys hit my bat and one uses the reebok and the other uses the black cent.Both guys put the ball about 10 ft farther with there bats but they are already broke in and one of the guys broke his that night.They usually get about 400 cuts on them and then they brake.I think this bat will triple durability and ill see how hot it gets.

SoftballDad52

Albino Rhino
I have a 2012 Senior Demarini 30 ounce that hits right with my Ultra II's . It does swing light for listed weight. The 30 I have swings more like a 28. The only down side is every swing removes another flake of paint. Eventually it will simply be a black composite barrel. Very cool looking graphics (what is left of them). The 2012 can be had for very cheap right now, I would not buy one because of the paint issue though. I do not think they will allow a mostly black bat with no paint on it to be swung in games.

I played with newbill this weekend and got a first hand look at what the bat does( and it was impressive) i just bought one and hit it in league last night and im going to be a demarinni fan now! Ive hit them all and im very impressed. [email protected].

I've been swinging the 2012 model Demarini Senior One here at home until I get a 2013 and I really like the bat alot. It was more balanced than the ultra 30oz maxload and alot more than the Centenarian. I have found in 3 more sessions that the Demarini and Centanarian are 20-25 feet further than U2maxload, sweet spot is similar and the durability is a ton better. I just kept breaking the ultras so much and the new ultra I had was dead and continued to be dead after 250 swings. I have switched to using the Senior One 30ozer as my gamer and really like the way the bat swings..it swings so easy and after 100 swings seems to really open up. I did break my 30ozer in 250 swings and am working on my second one...thats not bad but I understand 2013 models are more durable with similar performance. I was getting about 40-60 swings on the ultras I had. The Centenarian is more end loaded and similar in performance...the Demarini Senior One and Cent are the best two senior bats that I have tested.. different feels but similar performance. No more ultras for me...never thought Id say that.

HEY guys does the ONE have handle flex,or is the handle stiff......

agelesseyes

Addicted to Softballfans
Good news

Yes, there is a half oz end load in the 2013.

Thats great news!!! A guy I know pulled out a 27 last night and I at least got to have one in my hands

And I thought it felt a little bit heavier and at least had something out there so I think I'm going to invest in the 28 and give it a chance I do like DeMarini products!