2014 Band Aid

DE_FSA_Director

Extra Hitter
No screens

As of last night, the Tourney director has said NO SCREENS!!!

Actually, it's pretty much a completely different team. There are only 4 or 5 guys coming back this year which sucks, we had a badass team last year and had a lot of fun playing and winning with this group.

As for the HR's, I spoke with someone involved in the tourney and was told 8 HR's is what it will be again this year for A and B. Screens are still up in the air, hopefully not but I'm sure Hockey will come in and have them up. I'm excited to play on all turf fields.

B-Link #99

Retired Damage Controlman
it should still be 12 Hr's when A plays A, and then 8 hr's when A plays B.

I'm all for the screens, we should use whatever were are using at Military Worlds.

softballfan123

Addicted to Softballfans
Gents. need a little help. My team is considering making the trip to Bandaid. Any assistance with the Park address, Hotels (Condos/homes), Baracks spaces or any other living arrangments to reduce our cost would be greatly appreciated. The dates are 13-15 June correct?

jeffscheel

WhatCutoffMan
As much as it kills me to agree with B-Link on the screens, he is right. If we are to use them at worlds, they should be used at every military tourney. Resources for the screens may be a different story. If they don't have any there, I would not expect the director to buy them just for one tournament.

RedFalcon_27

Ball Collector
Actually, it's pretty much a completely different team. There are only 4 or 5 guys coming back this year which sucks, we had a badass team last year and had a lot of fun playing and winning with this group.

As for the HR's, I spoke with someone involved in the tourney and was told 8 HR's is what it will be again this year for A and B. Screens are still up in the air, hopefully not but I'm sure Hockey will come in and have them up. I'm excited to play on all turf fields.

Just found out the other day that I'll be able to make the trip again this year. Excited to play on the turf fields as well. It'll be great playing with you again bro...make up for all those games we missed out on in Ruidoso!

reid13

R2W!!!!!!! Look it up...
Gents. need a little help. My team is considering making the trip to Bandaid. Any assistance with the Park address, Hotels (Condos/homes), Baracks spaces or any other living arrangments to reduce our cost would be greatly appreciated. The dates are 13-15 June correct?

Shoot an email to [email protected] for tourney info.

DE_FSA_Director

Extra Hitter
Worlds?

Kinda hard to use Screens at Military Worlds the last two years......

RAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAIN

:bigok:

As much as it kills me to agree with B-Link on the screens, he is right. If we are to use them at worlds, they should be used at every military tourney. Resources for the screens may be a different story. If they don't have any there, I would not expect the director to buy them just for one tournament.

jeffscheel

WhatCutoffMan
Can anyone with any confidence provide the day and time the Band-Aid Tourney will start. Is it Friday night?

RedFalcon_27

Ball Collector
Can anyone with any confidence provide the day and time the Band-Aid Tourney will start. Is it Friday night?

How they've done it in years past is the ice breaker/coaches meeting is at the Holy Cow on Thursday night and then the first of the two tournaments starts Friday morning. The first tourney is all day Friday and the second tourney goes Saturday/Sunday.

firemanbutch

~Brag Post~ ;)

Jeff, it will start Friday morning. Thursday evening is the ice breaker. Last year it was a double tournament format that started Friday morning. First tournament finished up early Saturday morning and then the 2nd tournament started immediately after and finished up Sunday afternoon.

DE_FSA_Director

Extra Hitter
WITH NO RAIN!!!!!!!!!!

:cool:

Jeff, it will start Friday morning. Thursday evening is the ice breaker. Last year it was a double tournament format that started Friday morning. First tournament finished up early Saturday morning and then the 2nd tournament started immediately after and finished up Sunday afternoon.

jeffscheel

WhatCutoffMan
That kind of blows. If they only get say 20 teams they may not need to start until Saturday right?

Last edited:

RedFalcon_27

Ball Collector
Here's a crazy question....where is everyone staying? I know I've heard the Homewood Suites by the fields and Springhill over by the airport....anywhere else?

RedFalcon_27

Ball Collector
I plan on sleeping at the Holy Cow on Thursday night...probably somewhere up on the roof, so I really would just need a room for Friday/Saturday :D

firemanbutch

~Brag Post~ ;)
Here's a crazy question....where is everyone staying? I know I've heard the Homewood Suites by the fields and Springhill over by the airport....anywhere else?

Hey Will, check on Peterson too. They have good rates. That's where a few of us stayed last year and you can get 2 bedroom suites for $49 a night.

RedFalcon_27

Ball Collector
Just received this today...updated team list:

Varsity

Dyess AFB - TX
No Skillz - NM
GI - CA (A)
Scrubs - IL
Team Wright-Patt - OH
Overrated - AZ
CTR - CO
SoCo Military Softball/Holy Cow - CO (A)
Scrappers - CO
Reloaded - TX (A)
JBSA Lackland Warhawks - TX
Holloman AFB Varsity - NM
AFIs/Nellis Blue - NV
Warren Wranglers - WY (A)
FBT - TX
Ghost Riders - CO (A)
AFIs/Nellis Gold - NV
JTF Midwest - SD (A)
TK Outlawz - NM
Sticks Unlimited - OH (A)
Buckley Bombers - CO
Scrapalators - NC (A)
Peterson AFB - CO
JTF Goodfellow - TX
Ft Sam Houston - TX
Bama Heat - AL
Joe Andrade's Team - TX (A)
Ft. Riley - KS
Vance AFB - OK
McConnell Softball - KS
Team Offutt - NE

Intramurals:

100th GMD - CO
Space Pigs - CO
USAFA - CO
COMM - CO
Shockers - CO
Thundersticks - CO
Guzzlers - CO
Mayhem - CO
USAG - CO
Blacksheep - CO
Bonesaw - CO
Devastators - CO
Diablos - CO
Peterson Medics Softball - CO

31 Varsity Teams....22 B Teams and 9 A Teams. Should be a good one!!

jeffscheel

WhatCutoffMan
What time in the morning will this tourney start on Friday??? The brackets should be built based on USSSA points correct?!!!!

Last edited:

reid13

R2W!!!!!!! Look it up...
opening cerimonies are at 0730 with the first game starting at 0810. I would assume the brackes will be built on current USSSA points.

jeffscheel

WhatCutoffMan
Any updates here? Tourney is a few weeks out and not a lot being said. Are they in fact going to use the screens or no? Any increase in the amount of varsity teams?

reid13

R2W!!!!!!! Look it up...
Any updates here? Tourney is a few weeks out and not a lot being said. Are they in fact going to use the screens or no? Any increase in the amount of varsity teams?

To my understanding no screens, but i will have to confirm that. I know the complex doesnt have any to use.