2015 ASA Men's Slowpitch Class D Northern National Tournament

cheee

Diamond Dawg
Wanna say congrats to the Kass boys for their D Nationals win. They stayed undefeated to take it all. Watched a few of their games and they play a great solid team game. It's awesome to watch a team slap the ball around and hit after hit and run the bases. They hit for some power but they are probably the most consistent base hitting team I've ever seen. Didn't dwell on the long ball or power shots. Very fun games.

Big congrats as well to the local Fargo teams. MMB played their asses off and made it to the ship. Had some nice comeback wins and held on to some tight ball games with stellar defensive plays. Very fun to watch those games. 3x gear and Sickies of Fargo were playing late in the day Sunday and made a great run. I was rooting and proud of all the local teams who represented Fargo well. I'm proud of my team and the run we made and making it to the Sunday games.

Great tourney and a great experience!!!!

Thanks to all who made it happen and all who came to the tourney

Mitch #8 LiveWire/Burnn Boiler/The Box

ndsoftballstar

Part Time Player
Well said Mitch. It was a great tourney and very well run. Plus it's always a huge bonus when so many local teams do well. Does anyone know if all the teams are going to okc?

Artie DeVanzo

Addicted to Softballfans
I am pretty sure that The top 4 would all go to Oklahoma City next month. We(the tournament committee) were told that if any of the other regions don't send 4 teams that those replacement opportunities would come from our region.

bstark28

Starting Player
Awesome tournament this past weekend with ND teams representing themselves extremely well....four teams in the top 10, as well as Livewire and Homesteaders playing into Sunday (sorry if I forgot a team, just going off of memory, which isn't very good anymore).

MMB - 2nd
3X - T5
Inge's - T7
Sickie's - T9

Great experience to be a part of and thought the tourney committee did a fabulous job with everything. Congrats to all the teams on a great year and good luck to Nick and his guys down in OKC in a month!

Last edited:

AJ22

Super Moderator
Congrats Kass & Co. .. great bunch of guys we play a few times a years in our area.

As for Fargo ... we had great customer service everywhere we went. From the hotel which we arrived Friday morning at 3 a.m. and were able to check-in for our Friday rooms to every restaurant/bar we spent money at.

Only complaint I have (and its the same one every year which its strictly an opinion) is that each and every umpire did a great job but the inconsistencies with the strike zone for every game (hell, every pitch) was different. Still not the reason why we lost ... but boy did I squeeze the ball late in the game the first game. Strike zone really shrunk. We lost .. better team won and the best team for the weekend won the tournament.

A great big thumbs up Fargo ... well done.

NDSoftball

Addicted to Softballfans
Awesome tournament this past weekend with ND teams representing themselves extremely well....four teams in the top 10, as well as Livewire and Homesteaders playing into Sunday (sorry if I forgot a team, just going off of memory, which isn't very good anymore).

MMB - 2nd
3X - T5
Inge's - T7
Sickie's - T9

Great experience to be a part of and thought the tourney committee did a fabulous job with everything. Congrats to all the teams on a great year and good luck to Nick and his guys down in OKC in a month!

The Lodge, Action Motor, and DMVW also made it to Sunday.

BigCat2310

Extra Hitter
Thanks to Fargo Slowpitch, NDASA and the entire ASA organization. Was a VERY well run tournament especially with all of the rain that we got. Had a blast and hopefully seeing how things were run Fargo will get another shot very soon. Now on to OKC to play with the big boys!

RS23

Banned User
Damage vs ductech Friday night was possibly one. Extra innings with damage hitting a walk off grand slam to win

BigCat2310

Extra Hitter
Capri bar took Clobes sanitation to 9 innings in the first round and beat them 21-14. We (MMB) played the nighthawks and were down 11-4 going into the 6th, Gullie froze them out for like 20 minutes after a score dispute (official scorebook had it as 10-4 then changed it to 11-4) and then after the break we came back and scored 4 in the 6th, were down by 1 with two outs and a guy at second, got a hit to tie it, and then another to take the lead. In the bottom of the 7th our middle guy made a great diving catch, our third baseman dove to knock a ball down and keep a runner from advancing and then we rolled a double play to win it. Was a fun game but I believe a couple of the guys told Gullie to go F*** himself in the line afterwards. lol.

sk31

Unicorn tags for days
Capri bar took Clobes sanitation to 9 innings in the first round and beat them 21-14. We (MMB) played the nighthawks and were down 11-4 going into the 6th, Gullie froze them out for like 20 minutes after a score dispute (official scorebook had it as 10-4 then changed it to 11-4) and then after the break we came back and scored 4 in the 6th, were down by 1 with two outs and a guy at second, got a hit to tie it, and then another to take the lead. In the bottom of the 7th our middle guy made a great diving catch, our third baseman dove to knock a ball down and keep a runner from advancing and then we rolled a double play to win it. Was a fun game but I believe a couple of the guys told Gullie to go F*** himself in the line afterwards. lol.

And you're sure this didn't happen in Grand Forks?

cheee

Diamond Dawg

That was a great game to watch but I think the game against Damage I believe was a lot better. Specially Bertchi"s diving catch to end the game. That ball gets by him game over