2015 ASA Men's Slowpitch Class D Northern National Tournament

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans
Fargo teams just an update for you, Anderson will be locked up this week prior to the tournament so you will have to hit someone else if you want.

dm6

Addicted to Softballfans
A compliment? That's the first stepping stone on the road to best friendship. Just like when dm6 told me last week that I was better then he thought. I almost cried. We're the three best friends that anyone could have! #letshugitout

I must have really been hammered.

ndsoftballstar

Part Time Player
I know some of it is "random", but hopefully 1 team isn't set up for a total walk to the championship like they were in the ND State D.....

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Agreed. It wasn't fair that the Hashers had the easy route to the championship and choked it away.

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans
I know some of it is "random", but hopefully 1 team isn't set up for a total walk to the championship like they were in the ND State D.....

NDsoftballstar- you have no clue about anything at all.

It is all random drawing and at the State D no team had a walk which I am sure you are referring to my team. We can't help there were some upsets and we beat every team put in front of us. Love people who don't have a clue at all.

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans

If you are going to say stuff like this why don't you identify who you are since you must have more inside information than me.

ndsoftballstar

Part Time Player
Don't get your tights in a bunch, I was just giving y'all a hard time. Truthfully I just hope some team from another state can give you guys a game, it was clear at state that no one from ND could. I guess that's what happens when players sandbag so they can play nationals at home.

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans
Don't get your tights in a bunch, I was just giving y'all a hard time. Truthfully I just hope some team from another state can give you guys a game, it was clear at state that no one from ND could. I guess that's what happens when players sandbag so they can play nationals at home.

Wow, another solid statement, if you knew our team at all we have two guys who were C that played state and all year with us so not sure how that is Sandbagging.

I would say there are plenty of ND teams that can make a run this weekend at the National. It matters who gets hot for the weekend.

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I mean this with all due respect... You're an absolute moron. Like, grade A, dropped on your head repeatedly, window licking, moron.

Plenty of teams gave them a game as evidenced by the many games they lost at tournaments throughout the year. They played really well at State. Really, really well. Better than anyone else... with the same roster they've been playing with all season. Give them some congrats instead of acting like a child.

BigCat2310

Extra Hitter

lol, you're cute. I love how people act like we're the only D team around with C players on our roster.

ndsoftballstar

Part Time Player
I'm afraid I'm not very good about getting my point across, sorry for that. I wasn't saying you shouldn't be able to have c players on your team or that you had somehow cheated the system. My point is from what I've seen this year (granted I haven't seen every game) your team should not have been D to start with. As for losing many games at tournaments this year, it looks like they won that tournament series by a lot so it couldn't have been that many. In addition, I hope you guys do well at nationals. All area teams for that matter. I will be there watching trying to learn a thing or 2 so that one day I'll be a class player lol.

BigCat2310

Extra Hitter
haha ok that was a better way to get your point across. You're still cute and if you want to challenge me to a shirtless wrestling match at nattys I'm totally cool with that, just come find me. #nohomo?

bstark28

Starting Player
I'm afraid I'm not very good about getting my point across, sorry for that. I wasn't saying you shouldn't be able to have c players on your team or that you had somehow cheated the system. My point is from what I've seen this year (granted I haven't seen every game) your team should not have been D to start with. As for losing many games at tournaments this year, it looks like they won that tournament series by a lot so it couldn't have been that many. In addition, I hope you guys do well at nationals. All area teams for that matter. I will be there watching trying to learn a thing or 2 so that one day I'll be a class player lol.

How should they have been a C team to begin with? Most of these guys have been playing together for years all the way up from Rec ball. Sorry to bring this up boys, but they did go 0-2 at Tier 3 state last year, so that warrants a bump to C, or do you think they should've gotten the bump just because they added two C cards to their roster? I'd love to hear you explain your logic on this one.

knucksie

Extra Hitter
What's the hold up? Is Grand Forks helping run this thing? One other thing, How can 3X have 4 verified class C players on their roster or did one get "moved to D+" to help them out like some other teams.

hinzy

}}i{{
Brackets:

[ame="http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/document/0082/2347/2015asadnorthwinners.pdf"]Winners Bracket[/ame]

[ame="http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/document/0082/2348/2015asadnorthlosers.pdf"]Losers Bracket[/ame]

Last edited:

BigCat2310

Extra Hitter
What's the hold up? Is Grand Forks helping run this thing? One other thing, How can 3X have 4 verified class C players on their roster or did one get "moved to D+" to help them out like some other teams.

Scotty P and Chris Torkildson petitioned down to D, which is probably accurate considering neither of them played for the Box, so their C cards are Boorman, Hanson, and Watson. They are a D team don't worry.

Artie DeVanzo

Addicted to Softballfans

2 their guys were moved to D before the season began. for some reason when you fill out your roster on Tournament ASA it doesn't have the updated classifications of all the players who appealed on the ASA site. Every roster was checked player for player against the ASA site.

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans

Tournamentasa isn't 100% accurate on the player ratings it isn't up to date with player ratings that changed this year. 3X Gear is 100% legal. The hold up on the bracket is that its a 76 team tournament that is 3 game guarantee so it is a bit complicated to put it together properly. We tried to use the tournamentasa for it but they don't have a 76 team, 3 game guarantee bracket.

ndsoftballstar

Part Time Player
bstark, my logic would be that there weren't enough C teams to even have a state tournament. If they had looked around, bumped the top 10 or so D teams, which I think obviously would have included them regardless of tier 3 performance, there could have been one . Also, you were the one who pointed out how weak their draw was, and now are pointing out how poorly they did last year. Am I right to assume you think I've greatly overrated them? Maybe I'm putting too much emphasis on 10 running everyone?

wibstad5406

Addicted to Softballfans
Well i hope the rain stays away for all the teams playing wish i could have gotten my team into this good luck to everyone this weekend