2015 ASA Men's Slowpitch Class D Northern National Tournament

BigCat2310

Extra Hitter
Can someone give me some insight on Boulder Homes from ND?

They're a good team, young guys, very inconsistent. They won Rec 1 state last year (rec 1 is the highest tier of E in ND in case you're not from here). I'm assuming you're from Leth's tree service? If you win your first two games and we win our first game we could play you. With that being said, what would you say your team's greatest weaknesses are? lol

They're a good team, young guys, very inconsistent. They won Rec 1 state last year (rec 1 is the highest tier of E in ND in case you're not from here). I'm assuming you're from Leth's tree service? If you win your first two games and we win our first game we could play you. With that being said, what would you say your team's greatest weaknesses are? lol

Thanks big Cats. Our greatest weakness is we score to many runs. :biggthumpup:

Good luck to you! hopefully we play each other on Saturday at 2:45.

bstark28

Starting Player
bstark, my logic would be that there weren't enough C teams to even have a state tournament. If they had looked around, bumped the top 10 or so D teams, which I think obviously would have included them regardless of tier 3 performance, there could have been one . Also, you were the one who pointed out how weak their draw was, and now are pointing out how poorly they did last year. Am I right to assume you think I've greatly overrated them? Maybe I'm putting too much emphasis on 10 running everyone?

Last year's performance at State has no bearing as to who was put in front of them at State this year. I was simply stating facts when you made the comment that they should have been a C team to begin with. I don't think you've overrated them, as they are very solid. I guess the skewing back and forth between this year and last year, is where we are having a disconnect. It's all a moot point now anyway, as they'll be playing C next year anyway.

MNsoftball

Addicted to Softballfans
Did Zoo Bar petition down from C? Everything I can find on them says they were C. I'm just curious, I don't know much about teams from other states

AJ22

Super Moderator
BTW ...

Does anyone know when we can check-in and start the bat testing process? We literally check ALOT of bats because we get sick of all the BS back home of HOT bats.

M

MJL 00

BTW ...

Does anyone know when we can check-in and start the bat testing process? We literally check ALOT of bats because we get sick of all the BS back home of HOT bats.

gullie might have an idea...

MNsoftball

Addicted to Softballfans
The managers meeting is 11 AM Friday, my guess would be you could start check in and bat check shortly after that is complete.

AJ22

Super Moderator
The managers meeting is 11 AM Friday, my guess would be you could start check in and bat check shortly after that is complete.

I believe you can start check-in Thursday night

Thanks guys ...

But not trying to be a butt, I would like a time and a place we can start. We are a team that is traveling almost 9 hours. Leaving Thursday night and stopping in Minneapolis (I have some bowling friends to hang out with aka Matt McNeil). If we can check in on Thursday night, we will make the drive on Thursday night and not stop in Minneapolis.

I know the Manager's meeting is at 11 ... only 1 player rep per team for the meeting. However, each individual will need to show an I.D. and check-in themselves and all bats will be tested. I'm assuming, bats that can be used in play will have an ASA sticker showing this bat is deemed legal for use.

What is the earliest we can start checking bats???

Anyone up for golf on Friday morning?

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans
The Check-in will start Thursday at 1pm at the Expressway Suites in Fargo and go until 9pm that night. Fargo teams you better show up that night and have your teams check in and check bats, no excuses when you live in town. Friday morning, we will have team checkin, player checkin, and bat testing going on at the Expressway Suites from 8am to Noon, and then Noon til whenever at Anderson Softball Complex. Teams prepare to show up early to get your team, players, and bats checked as we will not hold up a game because someone decided to wait last minute to check-in or get their bat tested. If you don't know every player that is playing with your team that weekend must check in individually with their State ID that has a photo on it.

Archie1103

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks guys ...

But not trying to be a butt, I would like a time and a place we can start. We are a team that is traveling almost 9 hours. Leaving Thursday night and stopping in Minneapolis (I have some bowling friends to hang out with aka Matt McNeil). If we can check in on Thursday night, we will make the drive on Thursday night and not stop in Minneapolis.

Why would you hangout with Matty Ice? Hoping that him winning everything lately will rub off on you for the weekend?

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans
NDsoftballstar- again uninformed. We only had I think 6 or 7 C teams last year (2014), not saying we shouldn't have had more but that is a fact and can't change it. We had some teams break up and players disperse across other teams. We started the year with 5 C teams (one being Gravel Road All-Stars from Winnipeg who registered through Fargo as a ND team). At the team classification meeting we moved up Coup Counters (which I have stated on here was a wrong move and I voted against it) that gave us 5 C teams that could play state (Gravel Road couldn't because of tourneys committed to in Canada already). Coup Counters, justifiably upset did not want to play state so we were down to 4 C teams for the C State. Some of the guys from the BWWs team upset what happened to Coup chose to go to Lower Brule in SD instead of State so BWWs had to pull out. Players on Coup and BWWs have gotten the raw deal 3 years in a row for whatever reason (again I haven't agreed with it the last 3 years). Why would we bump 10 D teams who hadn't earned it yet (granted Coup didn't deserve it yet). Was it disappointing we didn't have a State C tournament this year, yes but we move on and already have at least 4 new C teams for next year, Men's Hair House-Fargo, 3XGear, Bismarck Men's Hair House, and Sickies Fargo plus we may move a couple more. All players on those teams will be C rated no matter what for at least 1 year maybe more. Hopefully some ND teams finish in the Top 8 at Nationals (as at the very least the Top 8 maybe more overall finishers at Nationals will be C next year no matter what state they are from).

AJ22

Super Moderator
I graduated high school with Matt McNeill. You must be a hell of a bowler if you throw with him.

Meh .. I can play ...

Why would you hangout with Matty Ice? Hoping that him winning everything lately will rub off on you for the weekend?

Nah .. but hanging out with him is always fun. Hopefully Lisa Nadeau will be joining but she has her kids this weekend.

ming01

DMVWinning
No idea about top 5, but Woodys vs 3X should be a good one Friday night if Woodys wins their opener. Leths vs MMB possible on Saturday. Iowa Drainage appears to be very good. Clobes and Cowboy Jacks from MN as well. Coors Light should go far with that lineup.

knucksie

Extra Hitter
NDsoftballstar- again uninformed. We only had I think 6 or 7 C teams last year (2014), not saying we shouldn't have had more but that is a fact and can't change it. We had some teams break up and players disperse across other teams. We started the year with 5 C teams (one being Gravel Road All-Stars from Winnipeg who registered through Fargo as a ND team). At the team classification meeting we moved up Coup Counters (which I have stated on here was a wrong move and I voted against it) that gave us 5 C teams that could play state (Gravel Road couldn't because of tourneys committed to in Canada already). Coup Counters, justifiably upset did not want to play state so we were down to 4 C teams for the C State. Some of the guys from the BWWs team upset what happened to Coup chose to go to Lower Brule in SD instead of State so BWWs had to pull out. Players on Coup and BWWs have gotten the raw deal 3 years in a row for whatever reason (again I haven't agreed with it the last 3 years). Why would we bump 10 D teams who hadn't earned it yet (granted Coup didn't deserve it yet). Was it disappointing we didn't have a State C tournament this year, yes but we move on and already have at least 4 new C teams for next year, Men's Hair House-Fargo, 3XGear, Bismarck Men's Hair House, and Sickies Fargo plus we may move a couple more. All players on those teams will be C rated no matter what for at least 1 year maybe more. Hopefully some ND teams finish in the Top 8 at Nationals (as at the very least the Top 8 maybe more overall finishers at Nationals will be C next year no matter what state they are from).

Is GF Ground Round going to C too since they are the best team in Grand Forks and one of the top teams in D despite their shakey tourney record?

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans
Is GF Ground Round going to C too since they are the best team in Grand Forks and one of the top teams in D despite their shakey tourney record?

I heard rumors that Adam wanted to request they move straight to B.:biggthumpup: