2015 USSSA Colorado Military Band-Aid, June 12-14

edspanish

The Puerto Rican!!
Last thing I heard was the illegal players were the only ones penalized and they were going for suspensions for the entire year from USSSA as a whole. As for the team itself, I don't think the team got anything though other than their championship

usafshelland

Addicted to Softballfans
I haven't heard that but I doubt it.

Last thing I heard was the illegal players were the only ones penalized and they were going for suspensions for the entire year from USSSA as a whole. As for the team itself, I don't think the team got anything though other than their championship

Thanks. Surprised they don't suspend the coach/manager...ultimately it would be his decision to allow those players on the field.

FUPA

Addicted to Softballfans
Its a shame that this happened but there are ways to eliminate this from happening. I personally think what should be done is every team should have a 10 minute gap to ALL show up in person and present their ID to one of several tournament officials. The officials should have the roster printed from the registration and every person is validated. I know this sounds like a lot of work but this would have eliminated this issue from happening. What is really wrong is they knocked off several teams throughout the weekend which could have had a different impact on the tournament. Hopefully this does not have an impact on participation in the years to come. In the end it was a great tournament and is one of the better military tournaments in the states. It was great seeing old friends and making new ones. See you all at world's.

1STUNNA

Addicted to Softballfans
Have each player check in prior to teams first game and issue them a wristband. If players arrive late they still need to check in prior to the next game. Umpires can spot check players as they come up to the plate. If a player is playing without a wristband, the team forfeits the game.

firemanbutch

~Brag Post~ ;)
Have each player check in prior to teams first game and issue them a wristband. If players arrive late they still need to check in prior to the next game. Umpires can spot check players as they come up to the plate. If a player is playing without a wristband, the team forfeits the game.

Wristbands cause tan lines and chicks don't dig tanlines....lmao...j/k. This is a good idea actually. Pretty sure you get wristbands at the USSSA worlds tournaments.

2Legit2Melee

Star Player
I agree there should have been more checks at that tournament too. Nellis only lost once that whole weekend and that was in the championship game. Hell of a tournament though. Will definitely travel back to it again.

jeffscheel

WhatCutoffMan
10-12 June.....got it. Just need to find out where I'm going to be living so I can find a team and make a plan to get there and play. Be sure to look after V, don't let him time travel too much!

Last edited: