2015 USSSA Colorado Military Band-Aid, June 12-14

firemanbutch

~Brag Post~ ;)
Steve, looks like y'all will have a pretty good squad again.

Yeah man, looking forward to it. We should do well, hopefully try and move up from our 3rd place finish last year. I'll be up there that Tuesday or Wednesday if you want to get some cuts in or play some golf. Or if anyone for that matter wants to hit the links, lmk. I'll have my clubs with me. Can't wait to get up there and play, love this tournament. Who are you rolling with Josh?

Depending on my work schedule I'd love to play some golf. You can always come take some cuts with us. Just give me a holler when you get in. I'm playing with the post team this year, CTR. Unfortunately, due to the high amount of field exercises we have here at Carson, we are missing too many bodies for the Band Aid, so I picked up with Little Engines.

usafshelland

Addicted to Softballfans
Latest team listing:
Varsity A Division
1) The Brotherhood - AL
2) A/Not Forgotten/Easton - MD
3) Reloaded - TX
4) Gov't Issue/GTS/VOR - CA
5) Scrapalators - NC
6) SoCo Military Softball - CO
7) JTF/Hawaii - HI
8) Wounded Warrior Athletics/Leatherne - NV
9) Colorado Softball/The Cow - CO
10) No Skillz Nation - NM
11) Little Engines - TX

Varsity B Division
1) Iron Soldiers - TX
2) S. O. B. - CO
3) Scrappers - CO
4) Invasion Latina - TX
5) Untouchables - NM
6) Not Forgotten/Easton/East Coast - MD
7) Sheppard AFB - TX
8) Peterson AFB - CO
9) Moody AFB - GA
10) Team Nellis - NV
11) Gunfighters - ID
12) Schriever Sentinels - CO
13) Walk Off Sports - AZ
14) Not Forgotten/NM - NM
15) JBSA-Lackland Warhawks - TX
16) Beale AFB - CA
17) Solstice Bombers - AK
18) Guzzlers - CO
19) Team Offutt- NE
20) OutKast - MO
21) Aftershock/Travis AFB - CA
22) Goodfellow - TX
23) Warren Wranglers- WY
24) Commando Softball - FL
25) JBSA-Randolph AFB - TX

Intramural Division
1) Swingers & Dingers/Debo - CO
2) USAFA - CO
3) Shockers - CO
4) Warriors - CO
5) Carson Cutters - CO
6) 21 GUNS/Holy Cow
7) Untouchables II - NM
8) 1st Space Brigade - CO

Women's Division
1) Ft Carson - CO
2) Lady Wranglers - WY
3) Lady Panthers - CO
4) Lady AFI's - NV
5) Ft Bliss - TX

Here is an updated list of teams from yesterday:
Varsity A Division
1) The Brotherhood - AL
2) Not Forgotten/Easton(A) - MD
3) Reloaded - TX
5) SoCo Military Softball - CO
6) 4 The Fallen/JBLM/Elite - WA
7) Wounded Warrior Athletics/Leathernecks - NV
8) Colorado Softball/The Cow - CO
9) No Skillz Nation - NM
10) Little Engines - TX

Varsity B Division
1) Iron Soldiers - TX
2) S. O. B. - CO
3) Scrappers - CO
4) Invasion Latina - TX
5) Untouchables - NM
6) B/Not Forgotten/Easton - MD
7) Sheppard AFB - TX
8) Peterson AFB - CO
9) JBSA-Randolph Ramblers - TX
10) Team Nellis - NV
11) Gunfighters - ID
13) Walk Off Sports - AZ
16) Commando Softball - FL
18) Guzzlers - CO
19) Team Offutt- NE
20) Warren Wranglers- WY
21) Goodfellow - TX
22) MA Softball - KS

From John " I have not heard from the coaches for Beale AFB, OutKast/Whiteman AFB, and Aftershock/Travis AFB. You have until 5pm tomorrow to contact me and register online with USSSA. If those two things do not happen by the deadline I'll consider you as not attending the Band-Aid this year. Please contact me if you are not coming as a common courtesy."

Intramural Division
2) USAFA First Responders - CO
3) Shockers - CO
4) Warriors - CO
5) Carson Cutters - CO
6) 21 GUNS/Holy Cow - CO
7) Untouchables II - NM
9) Hit N' Sit - CO
10) Knuckle UP - CO

From John "Only 5 of the 10 intramurals teams have registered with USSSA. I have sent out an e-mail to the coaches of those teams. Please do not hold me up from releasing the bracket this Friday. The sooner you do this the easier my job is, thanks. Same thing with the ladies, only 2 of the 4 have registered. I e-mail those coaches as well."

Women's Division
1) Ft Carson - CO
2) Lady Wranglers - WY
3) Lady Panthers - CO
4)Team Bliss - TX

From John "This is the most current list I have as attending the tourney next weekend. Please help me out if I sent you an e-mail or you do or do not see your team name on the list. I would hate to miss anyone especially if you purchased airline tickets coming out here. My contact info is, cell is 719-337-0155 or e-mail me at [email protected]."

Last edited:

b#7

CAPN MORGAN
Here is an updated list of teams from yesterday:
Varsity A Division
1) The Brotherhood - AL
2) Not Forgotten/Easton(A) - MD
3) Reloaded - TX
5) SoCo Military Softball - CO
6) 4 The Fallen/JBLM/Elite - WA
7) Wounded Warrior Athletics/Leathernecks - NV
8) Colorado Softball/The Cow - CO
9) No Skillz Nation - NM
10) Little Engines - TX

Varsity B Division
1) Iron Soldiers - TX
2) S. O. B. - CO
3) Scrappers - CO
4) Invasion Latina - TX
5) Untouchables - NM
6) B/Not Forgotten/Easton - MD
7) Sheppard AFB - TX
8) Peterson AFB - CO
9) JBSA-Randolph Ramblers - TX
10) Team Nellis - NV
11) Gunfighters - ID
13) Walk Off Sports - AZ
16) Commando Softball - FL
18) Guzzlers - CO
19) Team Offutt- NE
20) Warren Wranglers- WY
21) Goodfellow - TX
22) MA Softball - KS

From John " I have not heard from the coaches for Beale AFB, OutKast/Whiteman AFB, and Aftershock/Travis AFB. You have until 5pm tomorrow to contact me and register online with USSSA. If those two things do not happen by the deadline I'll consider you as not attending the Band-Aid this year. Please contact me if you are not coming as a common courtesy."

Intramural Division
2) USAFA First Responders - CO
3) Shockers - CO
4) Warriors - CO
5) Carson Cutters - CO
6) 21 GUNS/Holy Cow - CO
7) Untouchables II - NM
9) Hit N' Sit - CO
10) Knuckle UP - CO

From John "Only 5 of the 10 intramurals teams have registered with USSSA. I have sent out an e-mail to the coaches of those teams. Please do not hold me up from releasing the bracket this Friday. The sooner you do this the easier my job is, thanks. Same thing with the ladies, only 2 of the 4 have registered. I e-mail those coaches as well."

Women's Division
1) Ft Carson - CO
2) Lady Wranglers - WY
3) Lady Panthers - CO
4)Team Bliss - TX

From John "This is the most current list I have as attending the tourney next weekend. Please help me out if I sent you an e-mail or you do or do not see your team name on the list. I would hate to miss anyone especially if you purchased airline tickets coming out here. My contact info is, cell is 719-337-0155 or e-mail me at [email protected]."

So now it looks like there are only 3 teams now coming from east of the Mississippi. Why am I not surprised. I had a feeling Moody wasn't going to make the trip. Plane tickets are too expensive out of there to fly and 2-3 hour drives to more major of an airport.

Last edited:

RETUSAF#24

The Rookie
Racquetball Beatdown

Yeah man, looking forward to it. We should do well, hopefully try and move up from our 3rd place finish last year. I'll be up there that Tuesday or Wednesday if you want to get some cuts in or play some golf. Or if anyone for that matter wants to hit the links, lmk. I'll have my clubs with me. Can't wait to get up there and play, love this tournament. Who are you rolling with Josh?

I'll be bringing my RB Gear for your beatdown lesson young'in..... :biggthumpup:

firemanbutch

~Brag Post~ ;)
^^ Truth.... Been a while.

Between you being old and the elevation, pretty sure I'll get at least one game....haha. Besides, you're an open player, I'm A/B so you should kick my ass. Either way, it will be fun. Can't wait to see you and all the rest of my military bro's at this event. This is the only tournament I look forward to every year. It's always a good time. See everyone soon!!!

usafshelland

Addicted to Softballfans
The Springs isn't cheap to fly into or out of either, usually.

I looked it up it was over $700 from Valdosta to Co. Springs.

Thought... Fly into DIA (Denver International Airport) and drive the 1.5 hours down to Colorado Springs. (Hmm, why does that drive time sound so familiar?...). Cheapest I could find was $419 (JAX to DEN) on SWA. (Yes, I know it's another 1.5+ hours to drive to JAX from Valdosta.)

b#7

CAPN MORGAN
Thought... Fly into DIA (Denver International Airport) and drive the 1.5 hours down to Colorado Springs. (Hmm, why does that drive time sound so familiar?...). Cheapest I could find was $419 (JAX to DEN) on SWA. (Yes, I know it's another 1.5+ hours to drive to JAX from Valdosta.)

Actually it's a 2 hour drive to the airport in JAX from Valdosta. So your talking 3 hours of driving total on top of the flight and then transportation cost on top of airline tickets. Like I said before still too expensive of a trip.

edspanish

The Puerto Rican!!
well gentlemen and ladies......we are one day away from the ice breaker and 2 days from game time. I just want to say safe travels and good luck to all. It will be great to see everybody out there. especially ex teammates I haven't seen in a couple of years, and of course to meet new players, aint nothing better. This tournament even with the weather not looking so good I think will be memorable. Very excited for this tournament to start and anxious. it will be hard to sleep tonight knowing that this tourney will kick off tomorrow

edspanish

The Puerto Rican!!
Well The Band-Aid once again was a fantastic tourney. They were ups and downs but overall this was the best tourney i have ever been too. They were some crazy games being played. From JTF Hawaii putting up huge numbers in the first inning like a boss to so many walk off home run wins to make it memorable. I would say in my opinion the best game was Wounded Warriors vs Not Forgotten A team. For NF to come back from 17-1 to win it 24-23 i think by a bomb was just insane.

They were definitely some bombs hit that were crazy tape measure but of course its Colorado. Great defensive plays i have seen out there. And there were some scary situations that i witness like Ferguson (don't know if i spelled that right) from SOCO getting hit in the eye by a ball that bounced a bit too high on him. I seen the after pic and it was pretty. Also the two females that collided with one another and i was told one of them was knocked out. I hope all you are ok and in good health. There were other situations i won't mention but overall the tourney was a great turn out. The weather held up and great games were played. It was a pleasure to see everybody out there and showing that the military softball family is still strong.

b#7

CAPN MORGAN
Congrats to all the teams that won. Maybe one year when I get back to the states, I'll make it out there for the Band Aid.

Woody34

Starting Player
great tourney

For as long as I'm able I'll be playing in the Band Aid from here on out. Hell I think we played 11 games which is more than our money's worth. Thanks to all who made it a fun experience. The competition was very good and the ball flew! there aren't many tourneys where you can get almost 40 at bats and play on all turf fields as well! My only suggestion would be maybe to extend the time limit. We played one game into the 6th inning all weekend. Everything was either 3-4 innings with the occasional 5 inning game. But overall a great time with the boys. JTF Hawaii will definitely be back next year. See yall at worlds.

Woody

reid13

R2W!!!!!!! Look it up...
Well The Band-Aid once again was a fantastic tourney. They were ups and downs but overall this was the best tourney i have ever been too. They were some crazy games being played. From JTF Hawaii putting up huge numbers in the first inning like a boss to so many walk off home run wins to make it memorable. I would say in my opinion the best game was Wounded Warriors vs Not Forgotten A team. For NF to come back from 17-1 to win it 24-23 i think by a bomb was just insane.

They were definitely some bombs hit that were crazy tape measure but of course its Colorado. Great defensive plays i have seen out there. And there were some scary situations that i witness like Ferguson (don't know if i spelled that right) from SOCO getting hit in the eye by a ball that bounced a bit too high on him. I seen the after pic and it was pretty. Also the two females that collided with one another and i was told one of them was knocked out. I hope all you are ok and in good health. There were other situations i won't mention but overall the tourney was a great turn out. The weather held up and great games were played. It was a pleasure to see everybody out there and showing that the military softball family is still strong.

Congrats Gonzo on winning the the Band-Aid NIT!! SoCo won the Varsity A Dual NIT on Friday coming out of the losers bracket to Double Dip WWA. Played 8 games total that day. Then we lose the first game of the next tourney and play 9 games total to finish 4th. 17 games total for the weekend, and I am still worn out. It was great as usual to see old frielnd and make new ones. As for Ferg he will be ok. He sent me a picture of him out slanging houses the next day. He had no fractures, but a mild concussion and some significant swelling but will make a full recovery. Until next year fellas.

edspanish

The Puerto Rican!!
glad to hear Ferg is ok. Reid you guys definitely put in work this weekend. Congrats on the win on Friday, you boys played with a lot of heart. Woody your team from Hawaii was nothing short of a class act brother. I had to post that video of your guys on facebook with the music playing and warming up for the game. That was straight up Hawaiian style right there.

Dual Rated

Lot's of Warning Track Power!!!
I heard a Varsity team got disqualified for using as many as 4 illegal players?!?!? Hope that isnt the case.

firemanbutch

~Brag Post~ ;)
I heard a Varsity team got disqualified for using as many as 4 illegal players?!?!? Hope that isnt the case.

It is true. Nellis was DQ'd for having 4 illegal players or players who couldn't prove they were DOD affiliated. They forfieted their B championship from Friday and were forfieted out of the A/B tournament.

usafshelland

Addicted to Softballfans

It is true. Nellis was DQ'd for having 4 illegal players or players who couldn't prove they were DOD affiliated. They forfieted their B championship from Friday and were forfieted out of the A/B tournament.

Any truth to them potentially being suspended for the entire year?