2016 DC-41 vs Freak Black Endload

Addicted to Softballfans
So what is the difference in these two bats from the Miken 2016 line-up?

I read both of the descriptions on Miken's website (since I can't find any to swing) and can't figure out the difference. 1 oz end load, 2 piece composite, and same technology.

I am looking for a Miken that swings most similar to the LS z-2000 28 oz Endload.
Which of the two is the better choice? Not worried about durability, just pop/distance.

Freak Black Maxload:
http://www.mikensports.com/content/slowpitch/bats/new-freak-black-maxload-usssa

DC-41:
http://www.mikensports.com/content/slowpitch/bats/new-denny-crine-dc-41-supermax-usssa

TIA!

Addicted to Softballfans
freak black = .5oz el
dc-41 = 1oz el

Thanks! That is the one thing they didn't describe were how heavy the endloads are.

Sounds like DC for me.

Are the 2016 28 oz true to weight? I have a 2015 27 oz dc and it actually feels lighter than a 27. Want to go up an ounce.

Strikezooka

The Rookie
Thanks! That is the one thing they didn't describe were how heavy the endloads are.

Sounds like DC for me.

Are the 2016 28 oz true to weight? I have a 2015 27 oz dc and it actually feels lighter than a 27. Want to go up an ounce.

I believe Miken describes their end loads with MAXLOAD=0.5oz & SUPERMAX=1.0oz

RC245

Addicted to Softballfans
If you compare balance points, the DC is closer to 1.5oz endload and the Freak Black is closer to a 1oz endload.

For instance, there's a noticeable difference between the Ressy Legit and the Freak Black maxload (FB having more EL).

The DC will have a balance point close to a KF30 ultramax.

Addicted to Softballfans
If you compare balance points, the DC is closer to 1.5oz endload and the Freak Black is closer to a 1oz endload.

For instance, there's a noticeable difference between the Ressy Legit and the Freak Black maxload (FB having more EL).

Thanks for the explanation fellas.

Well that might change things for me. I was swinging. LS z2000. 28 endload. Pretty sure it is a 1 oz endload. So going to a 1.5 oz endload might be too much. any idea which of the two Mikens are closest to the Z?

BraveSox

Addicted to Softballfans
And the balanced feels close to an OG freak black with .05 just slightly more el than my 15' Connell...

TheBlack_Moses

Addicted to Softballfans
Miken is notorious for being very generous with their end loads. I would say like above that the max is more near to an oz and the superman is more closer to an el. I have had and swung both. You honestly can't go wrong with either. Both bats will give you great results. Comes down to how much EL you want.