2016 Easton Brett Helmer ASA BP

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBjl9xwQQqU&nohtml5=False[/ame]

Thanks to sleepin4matty for letting me give this thing a test run! I was pleasantly surprised by this bat. For being an Easton, it webbed up insanely fast. Like 75 swings with 52's and it had some decent webbing going all around the barrel and by the 100 swing mark after some 52's and Evil BP Rockets it was covered in webbing. Felt like it broke in a little quicker and had a slightly softer barrel than the Torq from last year. The Torq is the Helmer bat I have to go by comparison wise (both TCT barrels) and this did feel softer. The softer feel from this could be attributed to this new connection zero technology but as fast as this broke in and webbed up, I'm wondering if it's not just how soft the barrel is. The Helmer's now come with an additional half oz endload on top of the progressive endloads though. Still lacking that great sound that some of the other brands have mastered with these 52 COR balls so we will see how that progresses as time goes on. Easton does seem to hold true to their need to have to really beat on a bat in BP to get it to sound or feel very good but this one was definitely a step in the right direction for you guys who like the Easton feel but want that instant performance though.

z00ted 85

Addicted to Softballfans
Nice work man. This is the one i was hoping you'd review soon.

How would you compare it to the BBL4?

philcasi

Addicted to Softballfans
i just ordered mine and it was good deal. this will be the first bat i've bought since the SRV4, which is what its replacing, and the OG st100h. hopefully it'll be as good as those 2 have been to me.