2016 Miken Vicious

Recently I conducted some research to identify the best alloy bad approved for ASA play. I quickly came to realize that most alloy options are single wall and many of those have a reputation for denting. After excluding those from my search I honed in on only multi wall options. Essentially the only bat I could find is the Miken Vicious. (Although the Maniac might fit that bill as well.) ..I purchased the Vicious and have been extremely pleased with the performance thus far. The bat feels extremely durable and 52/300s seem to really jump off the barrel.

My question is - are there other multi or double wall alloy bats out there? And why doesn't Miken highlight this bat on their website or any of their social medias? I seems they don't even recognize the great alloy bats they manufacture.

Thanks.

Demarini F Series /thread

*X10 DoubleWall Alloy Barrel / C6 Composite Handle*
Isn't that considered a half and half not a true all alloy bat?

Also isn't Demarini alloy notorious for denting? I've seen very few positive reviews.

Thanks.

Last edited:

mossman

That's how we dooze it!
*X10 DoubleWall Alloy Barrel / C6 Composite Handle*
Isn't that considered a half and half not a true all alloy bat?

Also isn't Demarini alloy notorious for denting? I've seen very few positive reviews.

Thanks.

Demarinis durability is fine 60 degrees and above, and with the 52/300's, they'll be alright.

mcia

Addicted to Softballfans
Is the 2016 Miken Vicious (Provic) the exact same bat as the Richards Maniac?

Is the 2016 Miken Vicious (Provic) the exact same bat as the Richards Maniac?

I don't believe so. feels different, comes in at a higher price point and unlike the Richard's Maniac, the Vicious is sold at all the big bat on-line retailers. But I'd like to hear from others who might have more insight.