For Sale 2017 Easton Baker and Wegman Special

chile

Bad Ape
Update us when you get that baker to 500+ swings.
I KNOW it will be a different story when you get there..........
that 1 hopper will turn into a 325+ft shot

idk if it'll hold my interest that long but i plan to hold on to this a while...hopefully, i can get some live bp going soon.

chile

Bad Ape
Damn, now we won't get that follow-up Baker review!

i'll get at least a couple of hundred more hits on it and give whatever follow up anyone wants...i just don't know that i'll get to 500 ;)...maybe i'll let my league teams swing it as well

mizunoguy

Softball Whore
Received my USSSA Baker on Saturday and put some hits on it this past Monday. If you like a truly balanced bat with a big barrel, DO NOT miss this opportunity! This bat has been gas out of the wrapper. I'm actually looking to sell a bat or two and trying to pick up another. I'm going to a tournament in a couple weeks that actually compression test, so I will try and keep the bp count to 200 or less and see what compression numbers are.

chile

Bad Ape
at about 150-160 on the asa baker now. doesn't feel much different...hit on an open field so i couldn't really judge distance. i'll see what google earth has to say...well, at least where the group of balls ended up, at least.

Last edited:

tonys1

i'll get at least a couple of hundred more hits on it and give whatever follow up anyone wants...i just don't know that i'll get to 500 ;)...maybe i'll let my league teams swing it as well

Sure keep me posted on how it’s progressing, so far the team is using the 17 helmer and 0 love for the baker

chile

Bad Ape
here's what I sent Milocoman after doing some tee work with it:

(take this fwiw)

"Bat sounds weird... Like a hollowed out aftermath... Does it have an inner barrel? (Yes, it does.) Hits well... The 52's come off pretty good IMO. But I feel like the distance just isn't there (maybe i need to hit it more...or better?). Any idea on how many hits on it? (75'ish? was what he told me) I put about 30-40 before I went back to smashing the baker around a bit... I'd say, distance wise, it's about the same as my 230ish hit baker. Pop wise, seems better but I can't quite put my finger on that sound...gonna try and get some live BP..."

i will add that i think the 52's come off really well...the sound is how i think a bat would sound if you took the end cap off...hollow. is it close to the flippers? no. close to the ESTs? no. close to this year's Baker? yes. do i think it will get better? based off feel, yes. the barrel isn't as stiff as the baker and it does have that nice, inner barrel pop. if the production model stays true to this, i can't say i'd pay retail for it but who knows what easton will end up doing to make improvements to it.

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
Just got my first ASA Ghost demo back of someone wants to hit it and provide feedback let me know.

It is a 27

Kevw45

Extremely disappointed in people's preferences these days. Buy the Wegman one piece rather than these two piece junk bats. Wegman is end loaded, and as already said... One piece. Grab some lumber man! These marketing techniques are just really ruining the sport, and people's performance. 2 piece bats are completely a farce. Originally the idea was created to get some kind of whip action, that has now been totally debunked, also now, the way they are manufacturing them, they are trying to make them as stiff as a one piece bat. ??? What is the point!? The only other so called benefit is to have a hybrid bat made both out of composite and aluminum, but even that is a waste because composite in the long run out performs aluminum. It is so stupid! Excuse my frustration. What other interest do people have in these two piece bats? They don't want to get their hands stung?? Omg man up! I hate how there are not hardly any one piece bats anymore, this sport has completely been soccer mom'd.

Last edited:

4xtra

Player/Coach
Extremely disappointed in people's preferences these days. Buy the Wegman one piece rather than these two piece junk bats. Wegman is end loaded, and as already said... One piece. Grab some lumber man! These marketing techniques are just really ruining the sport, and people's performance. 2 piece bats are completely a farce. Originally the idea was created to get some kind of whip action, that has now been totally debunked, also now, the way they are manufacturing them, they are trying to make them as stiff as a one piece bat. ??? What is the point!? The only other so called benefit is to have a hybrid bat made both out of composite and aluminum, but even that is a waste because composite in the long run out performs aluminum. It is so stupid! Excuse my frustration. What other interest do people have in these two piece bats? They don't want to get their hands stung?? Omg man up! I hate how there are not hardly any one piece bats anymore, this sport has completely been soccer mom'd.

there is ALOTTA truth to what you said...
Im serious.....
I gamed a Salvo SV100 today and the ball was jumping off nice