2017 Which 4 Bats to Have

dfresh27

New batpack with 4 slots. Which 2017 bats to fill the slots? ASA only. Excluding Monsta. Yep, that company will not get my money. Let's hear it.

Last edited:

53ksm

Manager
Boss t3
USA aftermath
'13 wanted
Sonic+ for bp

If they all had to be from 2017 and because I like 12" barrels

Boss t3
USA aftermath
Helmer
Wegman

Dan411

Star Player
Miken Freak Platinum maxload (or DC41/Woth EST XXL if you want a full ounce)
Worth EST balanced (for a balanced option)
Boss Compressor T3 (shorter barrel option)
A good dual stamp or Easton for BP

SteadyKnock

Before this year I would have said Demarini for Asa and Miken for utrip. This year I'd recommend and Miken bat for both sanctions. There's something for everyone. Miken PT swings so nice through the zone for having a 14" barrel. Would never have known if I wasn't told. Definitely my new favorite bat.

milesej05

The Rookie
I have the following and they seem to work pretty damn well
2016 USA Flipper
2017 F30
2017 EST XXL
2015 CL22 (cold weather bat)

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
the only negative on the 17 monsta bats is durability, maybe price/availability? but the nice thing is the resale value is ridiculous. I really like the est xxl, kind of want to try a xl.

MPT23

Putting on the foil
1) OG ASA RD28. Webbed to hell and still king of my bag.
2) 2016 Deuce. This bat is money. Close 2nd to the RD despite being dual stamp.
3) 2016 USA aftermath. Just got this, very low swings but the potential is crazy.
4) Insane Blackout. Needs more swings but i like this bat alot.

Dont need 2017 sticks when you own these 4.

Sully

Wanna buy jerseys/rings?
the only negative on the 17 monsta bats is durability, maybe price/availability? but the nice thing is the resale value is ridiculous. I really like the est xxl, kind of want to try a xl.
I think I might buy one of the EST's, but I'm kind of stuck between the XL and the XXL. I don't know anyone that has either to swing myself.

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
I think I might buy one of the EST's, but I'm kind of stuck between the XL and the XXL. I don't know anyone that has either to swing myself.
I have 2 est 26oz xxls, my one got ridiculous at the end of its life, have another one with 750 hits, and is nice. both sticker under 26, but the endload is nice. as long as umps stick with the ten foot max pitch height I like them. bought a 26 xl, but haven't hit it yet.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans

Go with what you like. Myself, I prefer a 1 oz. EL, to the .5 oz EL. I swing an ASA DC41 and a Worth Purcell for Utrip. Same exact EL, swing weight, balance points so both bats feel exactly the same.