2018 EST Balanced - 12.5 barrel vs 13.5 barrel

Clblay

I recently ordered a 2018 Worth EST Balanced ASA. I was looking online and found two of them. I thought they were the same bat, just different paint, but seems like there are some differences. Have any of you used both bats and felt any difference other than the barrel length? I'm guessing there isn't a big difference here.......

3 piece, 12.5" barrel, Flex50

4 piece, 13.5" Barrel, Flex100

Last edited:

bird25

34/30 Club #25
I recently ordered a 2018 Worth EST Balanced ASA. I was looking online and found two of them. I thought they were the same bat, just different paint, but seems like there are some differences. Have any of you used both bats and felt any difference other than the barrel length? I'm guessing there isn't a big difference here.......

3 piece, 12.5" barrel, Flex50

4 piece, 13.5" Barrel, Flex100

No big difference, slightly smaller sweetspot in the short barrel and a bit more handle flex but can’t say that I can really tell the difference when swinging them.

Just a but more margin for error with the longer barrel

Clblay

Joker, I get it....but your bedside manner could use some work. It's rather off-putting. If you have a vested interest in how the store performs, i'd suggest a change in your customer service tactics.

SoftballDad52

Albino Rhino
I am pretty sure the Flex 50 is stiffer then the Flex 100. I have both bats and ASA Harvey and ASA XL and USSSA Harvey and XL. Any of the bats with a flex 50 are stiffer handle.

Clblay

Thanks for replies. Yah, i'm excited for it to arrive on Friday in time for my next game on Monday.

I have another question.....I see a lot of pictures on here of people's bats. Some of you have a crap ton of bats! Do you take all those to your games/practices or just rotate through them depending on how you are feeling? My bag can hold 4 bats so I don't generally have anymore than that, otherwise would be a pain to transport all of them around.

yellowmein

BP on a Tee
F0EF855F-0A26-45A8-B548-3A4D08E9FE2B.jpeg
Thanks for replies. Yah, i'm excited for it to arrive on Friday in time for my next game on Monday.

I have another question.....I see a lot of pictures on here of people's bats. Some of you have a crap ton of bats! Do you take all those to your games/practices or just rotate through them depending on how you are feeling? My bag can hold 4 bats so I don't generally have anymore than that, otherwise would be a pain to transport all of them around.

Where are the pics?

Stop teasing us

yellowmein

BP on a Tee
Is that painter's tape on that F30, 12 and 23? And if so, why?

Its Renfrew hockey tape on the handle and then another layer of the Renfrew hockey wrap on top. The hockey wrap tape has a light abrasive feel to it. I like the friction. Dont have to use spray glue so less mess.

Attachments

• 6A735EF3-D6BA-4FC8-8E0A-33E962E4C42D.jpeg
    6A735EF3-D6BA-4FC8-8E0A-33E962E4C42D.jpeg
    270.7 KB · Views: 6

amace04

Its Renfrew hockey tape on the handle and then another layer of the Renfrew hockey wrap on top. The hockey wrap tape has a light abrasive feel to it. I like the friction. Dont have to use spray glue so less mess.
ah, I was mainly talking about the bottom layer, looked alot like painter's tape. I personally hate hockey tape on bats, but to each their own I guess.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Lol you love it.

Haha, not really. I was trying to figure out what bat it was, must be a Branch.

ah, I was mainly talking about the bottom layer, looked alot like painter's tape. I personally hate hockey tape on bats, but to each their own I guess.

That stuff isn't your standard adhesive hockey tape. It's a stretchy gauze, coated in latex. No tackiness, just a rough, grippy feel. It only sticks to itself and leaves no residue.

Clblay

View attachment 53138

Where are the pics?

Stop teasing us

Yah, i'll get a pic up here this weekend of the collection. Not nearly as impressive as others i've seen on here, but it's a start. I'm getting my new 18 Worth EST ASA Balanced on Friday so i'll wait until I have it for the pic. My wife gives me this look every time I want a new bat so could be some time before I'm rolling with 10+ :rolleyes:

yellowmein

BP on a Tee
82C883A0-6305-4F80-B85D-1A444C3239B0.jpeg
Yah, i'll get a pic up here this weekend of the collection. Not nearly as impressive as others i've seen on here, but it's a start. I'm getting my new 18 Worth EST ASA Balanced on Friday so i'll wait until I have it for the pic. My wife gives me this look every time I want a new bat so could be some time before I'm rolling with 10+ :rolleyes:

Get a garage. Put old rusty yard maintenance equipment in the front. Hide all the goods in the back.

P.s. dont believe you until we see the pics

yellowmein

BP on a Tee
674C82D5-6ABB-480F-8BA1-53DA256522D2.jpeg
Haha, not really. I was trying to figure out what bat it was, must be a Branch.

That stuff isn't your standard adhesive hockey tape. It's a stretchy gauze, coated in latex. No tackiness, just a rough, grippy feel. It only sticks to itself and leaves no residue.

Clblay

I went with the neon yellow paint. Just received it today. I've never hit with a 12.5 barrel so looking forward to trying it out. The blue one is basically the same bat except it has a 13.5 barrel, slightly stiffer handle and considered a 4 piece bat instead of 3 piece.

Would be interesting to take some cuts on both to see if there is any discernible difference.

yellowmein

BP on a Tee
763D6543-4208-4A97-BF00-FB3E9D95FC9D.jpeg
I went with the neon yellow paint. Just received it today. I've never hit with a 12.5 barrel so looking forward to trying it out. The blue one is basically the same bat except it has a 13.5 barrel, slightly stiffer handle and considered a 4 piece bat instead of 3 piece.

Would be interesting to take some cuts on both to see if there is any discernible difference.

Where are the pics?

I found all these this morning.