For Sale 2018 Horween Small Batch Easton Program - End of Thread Has Current Model

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
You guys can post pics....we are in talks with Easton about continuing horween small batch in grey, chocolate, and possibly blonde colorways. The big issue already mentioned is the marketing machine is now gone. I am confident we can build some great gloves that people want but will we have help moving them? On top of that Easton has requested quantities to increase to 24 and just not sure with the market saturated at this point if it would a wise decision. We are still working on it in fact if it does go forward this is the first glove.

A little specs info also is all 12.75" and larger gloves we would thin the palm slightly to save weight and look at padding alternatives as well. Another possibility is making the back thinner steerhide to save weight.

12.75" chocolate horween with mint green embroidery.
SB2.0_1.jpg

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
curious how that flying E logo would be done since they aren't embroidered right now. guess that would just mean a change. regardless, maybe they would be interested in doing a glove quarterly rather than monthly?

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
curious how that flying E logo would be done since they aren't embroidered right now. guess that would just mean a change. regardless, maybe they would be interested in doing a glove quarterly rather than monthly?

They are trying to do more gloves not less. We have had several embroidered samples here and it looks great.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
ah, i thought you might be able to get away with more more of a pattern less often but sounds like they wanna bump both. i'd like to see a sample. that was actually something i thought was missing on these. the debossed (is that the correct term) logo has grown on me but i'd like it more visible from a distance lol

sleepin4matty

Management Material
I think they look great but I wouldn't buy another one until late next year most likely, I'm tapped out on funds for gloves.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
well, i figure everyone that got one should have received it by now so here we go:
Easton Small Batch # 27 is an 11" 1-Piece Web
there's a reason Chad said this wasn't a softball glove

RKBpW2o.jpg

IdnpBJB.jpg

GeG0gyF.jpg

EZvmTbH.jpg

JQU1G9K.jpg

and a horween family picture thrown in just for fun
BfvPyEi.jpg

MaverickAH

You guys can post pics....we are in talks with Easton about continuing horween small batch in grey, chocolate, and possibly blonde colorways. The big issue already mentioned is the marketing machine is now gone. I am confident we can build some great gloves that people want but will we have help moving them? On top of that Easton has requested quantities to increase to 24 and just not sure with the market saturated at this point if it would a wise decision. We are still working on it in fact if it does go forward this is the first glove.

A little specs info also is all 12.75" and larger gloves we would thin the palm slightly to save weight and look at padding alternatives as well. Another possibility is making the back thinner steerhide to save weight.

View attachment 54038

Just a suggestion...…..

Don't thin the palm. Trim the weight from the fingers. That way even if the glove is on the heavy side, it will balance well on the hand.

How about a reinforced Single Post web instead of another H-web? Getting sick of H-webs...….

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans

View attachment 54038

I don't know how I missed this post about the choco Horween! Would it be Horween "Glove Leather" or some other Horween leather? The glove leather is particularly heavy, but if it is more of a JT leather, than not as big of a deal. Is the Horween they have been using usually 6oz or more? I wouldn't take the palm below 5.5oz (HOH standard), but the back of the fingers could be split down to 4.5 oz or even 4oz. (1 oz = 1/64").

But since this thread has been inactive for a while, I wonder if the SB program is officially dead. I have no idea why Easton didn't get someone to take over that promotion role.

Last edited:

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
Easton cannot get the factory on any part of a timely delivery basis so all talk has ceased as of now. The chocolate sample I have does not feel anywhere near the thickness of the tan.

MaverickAH

Easton cannot get the factory on any part of a timely delivery basis so all talk has ceased as of now. The chocolate sample I have does not feel anywhere near the thickness of the tan.

I find that odd because Baseball Monkey has recently introduced multi-colored Easton SB's for 2019. None of them are Horween though. They're calling the leather "Premium Reserve USA Steer Hide Leather". The welting is now rolled as opposed to split.

Curious........

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I find that odd because Baseball Monkey has recently introduced multi-colored Easton SB's for 2019. None of them are Horween though. They're calling the leather "Premium Reserve USA Steer Hide Leather". The welting is now rolled as opposed to split.

Curious........

May have had in the works for some time??

I think they may have gone back to the vendor they used before Glove Cow Boy switched to get the Horween gloves done?