2018 PA Thread - Field Info + Discussion

ImminentDanger

Up and Over
I can't point you to anything specific, but I'll pass along the same advice from above...

I would check the association links at the beginning of this thread - track down the local commissioner & find out what leagues are being covered by their association - Check out any local tournaments to talk with guys playing on local teams...

Best of Luck

%%%

ImminentDanger

Up and Over
Well - The weather has cancelled a number of practice dates this (delayed) Spring...

We will have to see how that affects the quality of play in the first few games...

It's hard to get a sense of team work when you aren't getting on the field together...

%%%

ImminentDanger

Up and Over
Hey Scot - Did you make it to the Earlybird?

We lost both games today - Temps = 45° - Wind 25mph + Drizzling Rain = Feels like 33° to play today - Shades of January!!!

%%%

RetMilVet

Project War Path
Hey Scot - Did you make it to the Earlybird?

We lost both games today - Temps = 45° - Wind 25mph + Drizzling Rain = Feels like 33° to play today - Shades of January!!!

%%%
Sorry Ken, got caught up in life in general and it's been a while. Yes I made it to the Early bird. My former team PK Builders was there and
I hung out with them for a few games. As usual I made it over to the stadium and watched some pretty good teams play. I think Fish Heads
won A.. I had a nice time, but missed your company. Maybe we can connect for the Fall Razorback.

Playing Senior ball only this year. It was too much for me to play both senior and the Bethlehem league. Besides our team folded and
merged with another team. Hitting the ball well this year, I believe my homerun swing is almost back. Hit the fence a couple times and
we are 3 - 3 so far this season. I'm having fun and my energy level is better not playing two leagues/ 3 -4 nights a week.

Hope you are doing well, I see you haven't posted in a while....I guess sometimes life overrides softball message boards.
Take care my friend and God Bless.

Pops34

Part Time Player
Playing SSAA for the first time this weekend - played mostly USSSA and SSUSA. We are a 40 plus team. What should we expect?

AUsoftball

Supreme Commander of All
Looking for some help in the Philly area, as my summer league is coming to an end in the next week or so. I am looking for ASA, Utrip ball in the Philly area, I live just outside the city in Drexel Hill, I dont mind a small commute, but nothing over an 1 hour away. Any guidance in appreciated.

The GEMRS Baby!

water boy
Hey guys, for some reason had the idea to pop in here and see what was going on. Saw my name mentioned, was surprised I was still remembered haha. It's been YEARS since I've played or been on here.

Life, family, and many other things. I haven't played in years. Played at In The Net in Palmyra and saw Robbie there. He's still playing and doing well.

Jon is still playing and his team has been very competitive and placing is states (I believe)

I've been out of it for about 8-10 years to be honest.

I remember very fondly the days of being on here and playing and often talk about it.

Glad to see a couple are still around. Imminent danger and ReMilVet (hey Scot!)

Last I heard dhess17 and lynnswann88 are still in Pittsburgh, not sure if they're still playing or not.

ImminentDanger

Up and Over
Hey Nick.... Good to hear from you...

We just finished fall ball a week ago sunday - We took 2nd place in the season and 2nd place in the final tournament...

Now it's a 4 month wait for summer ball... :(

Been a long time since the board had that old commaraderie ---

%%%

halter91

Iam91
What is happening fellas? How has everyone been? I haven't been on here nearly as much, then again i haven't played softball nearly as much. I made the mistake of starting to umpire and not playing nearly as much as i use to.

ImminentDanger

Up and Over
What is happening fellas? How has everyone been? I haven't been on here nearly as much, then again i haven't played softball nearly as much. I made the mistake of starting to umpire and not playing nearly as much as i use to.

Hey Guy - How's it going...?

We're just finishing up Summer ball and getting setup for Fall Ball here in the Harrisburg area...

Umpiring?!? - How's that going?

%%%