2019 ASA freak primo long barrel

mvfjet

Part Time Player
Just wondering if anyone has experience with the ASA primo maxload or balanced? I had the 2017 ASA platinum and I loved the bat except for the flexy handle. Just seeing if the handles are stiffer for 2019 or still flexy.

mvfjet

Part Time Player
Absolutely on fire
but they are on the pass/fail line NIW.

That's fine because the leagues I play in don't compression test. Do you have the maxload or balanced? I have last year's ASA balanced short barrel and I love the bat but I cracked it. The handle is stiff which I like unlike the platinum's wet noodle feeling handle. Just trying to figure out which bat to warranty it for. Thanks.

4xtra

Player/Coach
That's fine because the leagues I play in don't compression test. Do you have the maxload or balanced? I have last year's ASA balanced short barrel and I love the bat but I cracked it. The handle is stiff which I like unlike the platinum's wet noodle feeling handle. Just trying to figure out which bat to warranty it for. Thanks.
A teammate had one and he hit 3 HR's in one game and he did it with ease.
His was a 28oz Maxload.
It is the real deal and there is no way you will be disappointed..

Matth

My league provides bats and the Primo balanced is one of the bats that they provide. The exit speed on this bat is insane and the sweet spot is huge. I usually prefer endloaded bats, but this guy definitely has no power deficits. Handle is stiff. I swing a 28oz in this model, which is about an ounce heavier than what I usually swing. Since your league doesn’t test I’d say you can’t go wrong with this bat.

jhitman

My league provides bats and the Primo balanced is one of the bats that they provide. The exit speed on this bat is insane and the sweet spot is huge. I usually prefer endloaded bats, but this guy definitely has no power deficits. Handle is stiff. I swing a 28oz in this model, which is about an ounce heavier than what I usually swing. Since your league doesn’t test I’d say you can’t go wrong with this bat.

How does it hit the 52's?

mvfjet

Part Time Player
How does it hit the 52's?

I just played at Boneyard blast in Reno, ASA Miken and Worth combined had to be the #1 bat out there. These bats hit the .52 very well. Honestly though all new ASA bats looked like they hit .52's fine.

Matth

We use 52s in my league. For context I’m a right hander and my first hit went about a foot over 1st baseman’s head and he barely had time to react. I’d imagine easily over 100 mph exit speed. Second hit was fly ball off of right field wall at 305 on a pitch a foot outside. Ball just trampolines off this thing.

jhitman

Absolutely on fire
but they are on the pass/fail line NIW.

Question.....was looking at the Primo as I was told it is pretty much like the purple EST (not sure if that is correct or not). Is the USSSA or ASA version of this bat better with the 52's?

ShortYellowBus

Question.....was looking at the Primo as I was told it is pretty much like the purple EST (not sure if that is correct or not). Is the USSSA or ASA version of this bat better with the 52's?
The 2019 EST XL was exactly the same as the Primo Maxload. Even the sound was pretty close to it.

With 52’s, it’s more about the skill of the player; putting backspin and hitting the sweet spot consistently. 52’s hit incorrect just slow down after leaving the infield.

In my opinion, I like the sound of the ASA just a little more. But I don’t feel at a disadvantage hitting the USSSA version.

Hot bats.

jhitman

The 2019 EST XL was exactly the same as the Primo Maxload. Even the sound was pretty close to it.

With 52’s, it’s more about the skill of the player; putting backspin and hitting the sweet spot consistently. 52’s hit incorrect just slow down after leaving the infield.

In my opinion, I like the sound of the ASA just a little more. But I don’t feel at a disadvantage hitting the USSSA version.

Hot bats.

Cool thanks. I have been thinking of getting this bat for a while. Just wanted to see if there was any difference in performance between the ASA and USSSA version.