2019 USSSA DC41 - A dud?

JN137

Curious if anyone else has experienced this with this model.

My 2019 DC Utrip (Tan model) just will not wake up. It has probably 300* swings on it and just won't open up. It just feels super tight, and still sounds tingy. I can't get that lovely "crack" sound these Mikens get when they get hot. This is the only Miken I have ever just simply not liked at all.

My 2017 DC was ridiculous almost from day 1 and only got better and better.

Last edited:

ShortYellowBus

It’s not a dud. Hit some harder balls with it. I recommend going a couple long BP rounds with 44’s and then set it aside for games.

I have a couple and they get ridiculous.

By the way, the 2017 Dc41’s are the best.

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a Brandon Dillon Psycho that's like that. Funny thing is it says "Made in the USA" and when I took off the stock grip it had Chinese symbols all over it.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
I have a Brandon Dillon Psycho that's like that. Funny thing is it says "Made in the USA" and when I took off the stock grip it had Chinese symbols all over it.

You'll see that on all Worth/Mikens. I believe they're importing the handles and assembling the bats in the US but they shouldn't say "made" in USA if that's the case.

D-ROCK13

The newer miken and worths are much more durable than in the past. My 2019 est xxl took several hundred hits with .40 325s to get rid of the ping, once the sound changes it'll be a different animal, and will still pass compression for awhile

jhitman

It’s not a dud. Hit some harder balls with it. I recommend going a couple long BP rounds with 44’s and then set it aside for games.

I have a couple and they get ridiculous.

By the way, the 2017 Dc41’s are the best.

The 2017 was a good one, but I liked the white one with the big knob. That bat was crushing the ball right from the jump.