2020 1st tourney

Steve Butler

Addicted to Softballfans
It looks like our 1st tourney will be a wood bat tourney here in Colorado. Do you guys have any opinions on a wood bat? Any bat better than others? Can I get a wood bat in 26oz?????

smoke

50AAA USA National Champs
No magic wood bat, some of the hybred/bamboo bats will have a flexible handle. Biggest difference I noticed is the thickness of the handle and knob design. The Caution is a good durable choice. The only 26 or lighter bats I have are cheap LS
SMOKE

EKIM

Can I get a wood bat in 26oz?????

My Caution weighs in at 28.6 with a grip on it.

My Barnyard comes in at 26.7 with grip.

The Barnyard is a newer bat company out of MA. They have a few different slowpitch models with varying weights which is nice if you're used to swinging a lighter bat.

Durability wise the Caution should last longer as the new handle is designed to withstand the mi****s better. The barnyard is a regular wood bat so it may break with the right force applied.

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
Easy one for ya - the Demarini Corn Dog - the best wood bat made for softball hands down.
Google them and check them out - the older ones are 28 oz and are maple and black colored and the newer ones are orange and white - they have a composite handle with a maple barrel that is ASA softball certified