2020 TPS Power Load ASA

chile

Bad Ape
...so here it is in a nutshell...if you like the Z line, you'll like this bat. stiff swinging, tight barrel LS stick. swings similar to the Hall Z1K (go figure with that power load designation)...and it does have that signature LS "plink"

hit 3 rds of 24 (12 Evil BP52+ and 12 Dudley Thunder ZN Hycon 52/300)...probably let a total of 10 pitches go since i'm trying to learn some pitch discipline (still got none but hey...)

hitting on the small field to try and soothe my ego...maybe 260'ish? all in all, put about 6-7 out (yeah, I know it's not about that...but isn't it?)...but the important thing is that the ball does jump off the barrel. if you're used to soft barrel feedback, this is not for you. if you like to know you're hitting the ball, this is definitely the bat for you...not like any other bat doesn't let you know but here's how it is for me...I've been swinging the asa viper and nitrous for the last month or so and this is definitely a taut barrel compared to those...I'd say it compares to how the 19 usa flip felt to me but I like the TPS better...

definitely more EL than the 19 USA Flip...and this will be a crowd favorite, it "swings smooth through the zone" lolololololololol...but really, it swings really nice. not a buttery EL swing like the Bubba or 18 Legit BB but a bit more hefty without feeling too sledgy like the DB44...maybe close to it, tho.

didn't have any trouble hitting the ss...but even hits a little low had some pep...didn't have any toward the end so I can't talk to that...just yet, at least :/…

there's always talk about "spinning" 52s and you can do that with any bat but I notice it more when i'm swinging LS sticks...no idea why...more than likely, it's just me...

I do really like this bat...and it "looks the part"...swings great, hits the ball well. Is it enough to make me quit swinging the Nitrous? No...would I swing it over the KP23? at this point, probably not...

with about 60 hits on it, I don't feel like it's loosened up enough...there was a change about mid 2nd round but not enough to go "wow" for me...noticeable but i'm not overcome with "hitters joy" about it.

i'll put another round of 52s on it, then see how it does with the BP Rockets...

I don't know if this helps you but it's been cathartic for me...

oh yeah, at 26.5oz...this is light :/

full

full

full

full

I've gotten really bad with pitch selection but here's the video :/

Last edited:

Committed

Really appreciate the time spent on the BP and review, bud. I think it helped reassure me that I made the right move preordering the bat.

Happy 4th!

UncleMosk

Got my confirmation today bat shipped. Like I really needed another stick. Had given up on LS for some time in ASA. Great write up, pics and Vid.

chile

Bad Ape
Put 3 rounds off the tee on it. 23 balls a round (15 bp rockets, 8 dudley TZN Hycons)... About 60-65 going into this round...it is hitting the 52s really good. Distance is there... The rockets exaggerate the "plink" but they fly (as it is said they're supposed to)... Barrel still feels tight for the most part but not like when it was outta the wrapper.

I'm warming up to the feel vs my anarchies and 13AMs...

Normy

Put 3 rounds off the tee on it. 23 balls a round (15 bp rockets, 8 dudley TZN Hycons)... About 60-65 going into this round...it is hitting the 52s really good. Distance is there... The rockets exaggerate the "plink" but they fly (as it is said they're supposed to)... Barrel still feels tight for the most part but not like when it was outta the wrapper.

I'm warming up to the feel vs my anarchies and 13AMs...
If you ever decide to replace this with one of your Anarchy's...

Sully

Wanna buy jerseys/rings?
That's a nice looking bat. I like the knobcufftoo. What backpack is that in the picture?

chile

Bad Ape
That's a nice looking bat. I like the knobcufftoo. What backpack is that in the picture?

What @tonys1 said... Alpha Prime. It's been okay so far. Good bag for the price... Just no interior pockets for stuff so phones and stuff gotta go in the outside zipper pockets (and I prefer to have interior pockets for my phone and keys)

Sully

Wanna buy jerseys/rings?
Thanks. I was just curious. I currently use the Vrobi bag and really like it. It doesn't have an interior pocket either but is a good bag for the price. I'm always eyeballing new batpacks though.

chile

Bad Ape
update: at the 250'ish mark now...it is a lot better. the distance is coming a long a little easier now...it's still behind my anarchy trio (nitrous, viper and diablo) and ASA KP23 but its getting better...how much better will it get? **** if I know but it is getting better...and it's been able to withstand a barrage of blue dots and other assortment of 44s and BP Rockets (well, idk if 50-60 counts as a barrage but...)

Normy

update: at the 250'ish mark now...it is a lot better. the distance is coming a long a little easier now...it's still behind my anarchy trio (nitrous, viper and diablo) and ASA KP23 but its getting better...how much better will it get? **** if I know but it is getting better...and it's been able to withstand a barrage of blue dots and other assortment of 44s and BP Rockets (well, idk if 50-60 counts as a barrage but...)
Has the feel and sound changed at all along with the performance?

chile

Bad Ape
Has the feel and sound changed at all along with the performance?

it has...still a little bit of plink and plunk when you don't hit the screws but on the screws? it sounds good...with the 44s, with the 52s, it's meh but then again, the 52s I brought out this morning have seen better days. barrel feels a little "looser" but only from the initial hits...nothing like the nitrous, viper and kp23...not gonna give it anymore 44s (outside of games) for a while now...just try and keep it on 52s till it gets closer to 500...idk. guess i'll re-evaluate at 350ish and decide if it needs it/them.

Normy

it has...still a little bit of plink and plunk when you don't hit the screws but on the screws? it sounds good...with the 44s, with the 52s, it's meh but then again, the 52s I brought out this morning have seen better days. barrel feels a little "looser" but only from the initial hits...nothing like the nitrous, viper and kp23...not gonna give it anymore 44s (outside of games) for a while now...just try and keep it on 52s till it gets closer to 500...idk. guess i'll re-evaluate at 350ish and decide if it needs it/them.
Yeah, I'm gonna wait to hear some 500+ reviews before doing anything foolish :/

Bagz

Bang!!
I also just gave into the Warlock :/...
Nice! My buddy is supposed to have one coming soon but no email replys back or nothing trying to change weights so well see what happens. I told him id buy it if he could get a 26 instead of 27 so hes probably stuck with his 27 replacement but ill move it for him no problem ha

chile

Bad Ape
Nice! My buddy is supposed to have one coming soon but no email replys back or nothing trying to change weights so well see what happens. I told him id buy it if he could get a 26 instead of 27 so hes probably stuck with his 27 replacement but ill move it for him no problem ha

I've been swinging 26's lately :/...but bought a 27...if it's like the viper EL, i'll just have to get my balls back :/

UncleMosk

Quick T work session this morning with 10 more cuts. Others hit 2016 Flipper, Nighthawk Dual Stamp, Viper and gamer Helmer Border Battle.

Fairly new Baden 52 Fire balls used to compare best distance overall. Of the 5 bats only 2 hit the fence toward bottom approximate 320 plus. That being the Border and Nighthawk.

As for the TPS, had 2 that bounced before fence with approximate 310.

Barrel seems to be loosening up. Some ping but less pronounced. Swings through zone very nicely. More of mid load feel than an endload.

Definitely an LS I plan to keep. I could see this be a sleeper and with more work will be a bat to place in the bag. Will just need a bigger bag!

Will continue to swing more BP and T work and update when count gets up there.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20190709-072756_Maps Ruler.jpg
    SmartSelect_20190709-072756_Maps Ruler.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 17