2021 ASA Krecher Thoughts

LikeTheWrap

Star Player
Random thoughts and observations...

27oz. ASA Krecher XL
Hit roughly 300 balls off the tee using an even mix of .52/300s and .47/375s. Hit about 200 .52/300s only in live BP. No noticeable flaws other than field knicks and scuffs.

Feels slightly heavy for 27oz, but not bad at all.

Little handle flex, which is fantastic. Swings smoothly. Not much drag through the zone.

High pitch sound until about 50 hits, then it starts sounding better.

Handle is very thin and the grip is nice, but I changed it to a taper and 1.8 lizard skin for preference.

Knob is very slick. I had to scuff it up with sandpaper. Only bugs me b/c I drop a pinky typically.

Ball knuckles a lot on liners when squared up.

The first game I used it in, I had a few other guys use it as well. The sound on contact is unreal. It's a super loud crack. We made it until the 2nd inning before the other team made the ump check the bat, lol.

The barrel is quite soft when broken in and it's pretty forgiving on hits off the sweet spot. Speaking of the sweet spot, it seems to be in the ORT letters of "Worth" which is a little toward the endcap.

I've found it really easy to control since I got used to it. Fantastic bat! I'll take it at $300 with a 1 year warranty, a reputable manufacturer and seemingly solid durability. All things considered, its a terrific alternative to Monsta for ASA. Especially, when you consider the CS, warranty BS, and fulfillment times for Monsta. It only took me a week to get the bat in my hands even though it was backordered when I ordered it.

FWIW, I also put a few swings on the 2021 27oz. ASA Mach 1 XL as well. They're very similar bats, though the Mach 1 is slightly stiffer. I felt more power delivered to the ball which is the lack of flex I guess. It felt like swinging a one-piece bat (which I generally prefer). I don't think you can go wrong either way.

jhitman

I got mine for $240 but I knew the bat rep. My buddy got the new white 2021 model for $265 from the same rep. Great review on the bat.

cali3

Addicted to Softballfans
Nice review. Good to know a rep. Never pay retail asking price. Lowest I’ve seen is $215-$220.

jhitman

I was hitting my Army green Krecher ASA bat the other day. I swung and the endcap flew off and went about 100'. Has anyone had this happen to them? I sent it back to be repaired and am suppose to be getting back today.

jhitman

Just an update.....they sent it back to me after they repaired it. They also put a new grip on it. I put about 50 swings on it and no issues yet. It's a really great bat for the mushy 52's.

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Man these bats, last years green one with 600 hits and this year's white one with 250, just fire, sweet spot is so large and forgiving, ball just jumps with all skill level guys on my teams, just a very good bat, that comes with a warranty and generally is readily available, highly recommend and I hope the 22 is the same

jhitman

Man these bats, last years green one with 600 hits and this year's white one with 250, just fire, sweet spot is so large and forgiving, ball just jumps with all skill level guys on my teams, just a very good bat, that comes with a warranty and generally is readily available, highly recommend and I hope the 22 is the same

Agreed 100%. I think it's as good an ASA bat out there for the 52's.

seniorss

Addicted to Softballfans
I bought one to replace my balanced ASA EST. It’s not even close to the performance of the EST at 200 swings.

jhitman

i would think 1oz endload of that would be close to purple est xxl 2017.

I knew a guy that had that purple EST 2017 and it was straight fire. He was launching crappy 52 cor balls with it. Then the bat broke and he got another EST. It was never the same. It seemed like that bat had something extra in it. I would equate it to the days of the Voltage or in my opinion the OG silver/black Z-1000. The Voltage and Z-1000 seemed to hit the 52's better than any other bats that were out there at the time.

UncleMosk

I knew a guy that had that purple EST 2017 and it was straight fire. He was launching crappy 52 cor balls with it. Then the bat broke and he got another EST. It was never the same. It seemed like that bat had something extra in it. I would equate it to the days of the Voltage or in my opinion the OG silver/black Z-1000. The Voltage and Z-1000 seemed to hit the 52's better than any other bats that were out there at the time.
I had one of those and agree. Ridiculous but it did fail compression and couldn't swing in many leagues so sold it to someone who probably enjoyed it as well.

dunkky

something very similar to that was dc41. but whatever reason, i had more confidence in my est. i think because i clear the fence most with it. but then again, i used that bat the most of the time. if i used dc41 in equal amout of time, who knows...

lorichie56

2022 is available for pre-purchase now. I like the paint this year more than the white from 21.

seniorss

Addicted to Softballfans
I bought a NIW EST ( ASA Balanced) and still have it with no idea how many hits I have on it and In my opinion it’s on par with my senior bats. Doesn’t have any webbing. I bought a used one and that bat was so hot I thought it was shaved and I wouldn’t use it in a game, just BP the crap out of it. It finally broke ( one gigantic shark tooth at the bottom of the barrel ). I cut the bat in half after it broke and the bat was legit. The EST and the OG Miken Freak were the best two ASA bats that I ever owned.

jkwoody22

League ball huer
2022 is available for pre-purchase now. I like the paint this year more than the white from 21.
I’m going to wait, that new rubber connexion piece from Easton that’s on the asa might change the performance, it might be stiffer like the est line with the current rubber piece, I need to see if it is still the flex 50 handle, or a flex 100, the flex 50 on the 20/21 krechers felt less stiff, only minor, nothing like demarini juggy or insane flex, I just hit them better than rubber handle connection points on the worth/ Miken bats for asa. I may order a utrip just for the color scheme though, I just need to physically hold the new asa first

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Doing some research, some descriptions have the handle as flex 50 and flex 100 for asa and a new flex 75 for utrip, with the acquisition of Easton and lyf nimmo leaving for anarchy, I get the feeling the bats are going to be different, which is shame if that’s the case

BTW300

Addicted to Softballfans
I bought a NIW EST ( ASA Balanced) and still have it with no idea how many hits I have on it and In my opinion it’s on par with my senior bats. Doesn’t have any webbing. I bought a used one and that bat was so hot I thought it was shaved and I wouldn’t use it in a game, just BP the crap out of it. It finally broke ( one gigantic shark tooth at the bottom of the barrel ). I cut the bat in half after it broke and the bat was legit. The EST and the OG Miken Freak were the best two ASA bats that I ever owned.

Was this the orange mach 1 one? If so, that's good to hear. I have one but have not had a chance to hit it yet. BPhero on youtube gave it a very good review.

jhitman

something very similar to that was dc41. but whatever reason, i had more confidence in my est. i think because i clear the fence most with it. but then again, i used that bat the most of the time. if i used dc41 in equal amout of time, who knows...

I had the white DC41 with the huge red knob and it launched the 52's as good as any bat that was out at that time. I still have my orange DC41 from 2018 and it still hits the ball well. My preference for ASA (which is pretty much all we have here) is still the Krecher ASA bat. I have the 2 of the Army green ones, but the newer white one has the same specs so they are pretty much the same. As much as everyone here hates the 52's (mush balls) the good news is that the bats will last longer. I have bats for 4 years now and in the past with the harder softballs I could only get 2 years out of them.

We have a draft league that uses 44 cor 375 comp softballs. I save my DC41 and my lime green EST USSSA bat for that league. Both bats launch the 44's really well.

Last edited:

duffman99

I’m going to wait, that new rubber connexion piece from Easton that’s on the asa might change the performance, it might be stiffer like the est line with the current rubber piece, I need to see if it is still the flex 50 handle, or a flex 100, the flex 50 on the 20/21 krechers felt less stiff, only minor, nothing like demarini juggy or insane flex, I just hit them better than rubber handle connection points on the worth/ Miken bats for asa. I may order a utrip just for the color scheme though, I just need to physically hold the new asa first

Agreed, it will be interesting to see if that new connection piece changes the feel, I didn't like the feedback on the "four piece" Miken/Worth with the rubber connection. Also interesting that they kept the Krecher name since Harvey left worth, turning into another Denny Crine situation with the DC41.

jhitman

Agreed, it will be interesting to see if that new connection piece changes the feel, I didn't like the feedback on the "four piece" Miken/Worth with the rubber connection. Also interesting that they kept the Krecher name since Harvey left worth, turning into another Denny Crine situation with the DC41.
Where did Harvey go?

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Juno, I saw a vid where he was hitting his new utrip hitting like 116 mph, bat sounded great, but that dude can just hit

jhitman

It helps to be 6' 7" and 300 pounds too. I'm looking for a bargain on a back-up USSSA bat for this draft league I'm playing in. I've looked on many sites and there doesn't seem to be any bargain bats out there. Maybe try ebay?