2021 DeMarini senior Nautalai series

Ken07

DeMarini/Wilson Sports Senior Pro
Just got done hitting all three of the new DeMarini Senior Bats in Florida. Hit myself and demo'd with a wide variety of senior players up to 81 years old. Like Dave, from Senior Softball Bat Reviews, I strongly recommend these as the best DeMarini Senior bats I have ever swung. They all have the continuous fiber Nautalai barrels and have quick breakin. The sweetspot is huge and the performance is super. The barrels are the same on all three, but the 3 signature bats vary as far as endload...The..denny crine, a full endload larry carter a half load or mid load, and then the balanced. Its wierd but the balanced seemed to perform as good as the endload...all 27s oz bats. On the bats we had, the balanced came down in compression the quickest for no known reason I can think of. Bats run true to size. My personal preference is 27 or 28oz Denny Crine but the 27oz balanced hit great..will be trying that in a 28oz next. I am a DeMarini senior pro, so a bit biased of course, but the new Nautalai barrel is the real deal. jmo A cheap combo with these is the One piece Hyper one Louisville Slugger. Also a Wilson product. Highly rated by Dave, my 28oz H1 piece has over 1600 swings and keeps improving...super durable and if you have a strong swing above average for a senior, this is a great stick...that is priced low. Not to downplay any other manufacturer..surely this is the hey day for great senior products from many companies!

lb16

the natural
Just got done hitting all three of the new DeMarini Senior Bats in Florida. Hit myself and demo'd with a wide variety of senior players up to 81 years old. Like Dave, from Senior Softball Bat Reviews, I strongly recommend these as the best DeMarini Senior bats I have ever swung. They all have the continuous fiber Nautalai barrels and have quick breakin. The sweetspot is huge and the performance is super. The barrels are the same on all three, but the 3 signature bats vary as far as endload...The..denny crine, a full endload larry carter a half load or mid load, and then the balanced. Its wierd but the balanced seemed to perform as good as the endload...all 27s oz bats. On the bats we had, the balanced came down in compression the quickest for no known reason I can think of. Bats run true to size. My personal preference is 27 or 28oz Denny Crine but the 27oz balanced hit great..will be trying that in a 28oz next. I am a DeMarini senior pro, so a bit biased of course, but the new Nautalai barrel is the real deal. jmo A cheap combo with these is the One piece Hyper one Louisville Slugger. Also a Wilson product. Highly rated by Dave, my 28oz H1 piece has over 1600 swings and keeps improving...super durable and if you have a strong swing above average for a senior, this is a great stick...that is priced low. Not to downplay any other manufacturer..surely this is the hey day for great senior products from many companies!
Ken,
Is the material makeup of the 2021 Demarini different from the 2020? I have been told it is the same bat referring to the 2020 RD balanced version.

Thanks!

Ken07

Its the same Nautalai technology on the barrel ..dont know if there are some other tweaks.

Ken07

Actually all three of the signature models are the same barrel...last year the Larry Carter had a different barrel.

Mont 25

Addicted to Softballfans
Actually all three of the signature models are the same barrel...last year the Larry Carter had a different barrel.
Hi Ken,

Thanks for getting this information out and helping us to understand what we are getting in the new bats. I have a questions regarding the 2020 Denny Crine bat that was released towards the end of the 2019 season. Does it have the same barrel as the new models? Any insight you might be able to share would be helpful and much appreciated.

Ken07

The 2020 bats released last year did have the Nautalai Barrel and alloy handle, and were very good. The new ones for 2021 were hotter out of the wrapper than the first models, but basically similar design. Of course, even with the same specs, there might be some tweaks and the materials used in China to make these can vary year to year. Overall similar feel and weighting, but the 2021s were hotter, in fewer swings, than 2020 in our March tests in Florida. And of course, now all three models have the same barrel with different endloads for the senior line..and seem to have a bit different , more favorable handle and overall weighting according to Dave from seniorsoftballbat reviews.

Mont 25

Addicted to Softballfans
The 2020 bats released last year did have the Nautalai Barrel and alloy handle, and were very good. The new ones for 2021 were hotter out of the wrapper than the first models, but basically similar design. Of course, even with the same specs, there might be some tweaks and the materials used in China to make these can vary year to year. Overall similar feel and weighting, but the 2021s were hotter, in fewer swings, than 2020 in our March tests in Florida. And of course, now all three models have the same barrel with different endloads for the senior line..and seem to have a bit different , more favorable handle and overall weighting according to Dave from seniorsoftballbat reviews.
Thanks Ken! This is very helpful.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
I wonder how long it would take me to adjust to a balanced bat. I feel like many endcap shots would be common with little to no weight on the end.

ABLXTRA

veteran
Thanks , swing a Platinum 12 alloy in GSL . looking for a senior bat with an alloy handle . Any of the senior come in a 12 inch

lefty8

Coach
My 28oz Denny Crine started what looked like a paint chip at 125bp live swings. Didn't sound like Dave's on the video. Sounded more like hitting sock balls. Hitting 375/44 tattoo balls.
It had a saw tooth all the way around 6" from the end at about 250 swing on a 80 degree day. I'm 71 an can it out 340ft sometimes. I believe every so often a bad one comes off the assembly line. I get a bad bat every once and a while. I believe the Denny is just as good as any senior bat. Don't plan on buying another until I see someone swinging one.
Joe Lefty Falcon
2014 Major 65 Champs in Los Vegas

troung1

Addicted to Softballfans
My 28oz Denny Crine started what looked like a paint chip at 125bp live swings. Didn't sound like Dave's on the video. Sounded more like hitting sock balls. Hitting 375/44 tattoo balls.
It had a saw tooth all the way around 6" from the end at about 250 swing on a 80 degree day. I'm 71 an can it out 340ft sometimes. I believe every so often a bad one comes off the assembly line. I get a bad bat every once and a while. I believe the Denny is just as good as any senior bat. Don't plan on buying another until I see someone swinging one.
Joe Lefty Falcon
2014 Major 65 Champs in Los Vegas

I have had four that did this...ditto for my BP buddies...

1STUNNA

Addicted to Softballfans
I own both the balanced and DC. The balanced blew up in less than 300 swings and the DC has a little under 200. Both started seam separation in less than 100 swings. The performance was good but the durability could be better.

18mike

Addicted to Softballfans
Seam separation is not a crack. The bat is broken in. Put it away,don't use it in BP, make it your gamer. You will not be disappointed.
These are great bats and have swung both before things changed.
They have a nice feel and a softer barrel that will especially appeal to players over 60 like me.
Partial to the Denny Crine because it is a true 1oz end load.
The LC is a 1/2oz that is more of a mid load with the weight being more centered on the barrel.
Stick with the bat, stay safe and hopefully we will be playing soon.