2022 ASA T Work Bat Reviews

UncleMosk

Been playing much this year even with a diagnosis of an arthritic left knee. Therefore haven't had much time to do these as years past. Took some 8 swings with these.
20220529_105458~2.jpg

Of these the Onyx (29oz) and Monsta (27oz) had 2 over, pic below. Ares(28oz) RD28(28oz)had one. TPZ(28oz) gate crasher and L4(30oz) behind all.
Screenshot_20220529-105943_Maps Ruler.jpg

The Onyx has less swings than the DNA Legacy which is one of my gamers right now along with Monsta Daisy Grunt (28oz)and a Worth 428(30oz)

bronx90210

Addicted to Softballfans
Question the extra large rip n grip do you like it better than the knob cuff. And that dna is it a true one oz endloaded like the miken dc41.

UncleMosk

Question the extra large rip n grip do you like it better than the knob cuff. And that dna is it a true one oz endloaded like the miken dc41.
Yes prefer the rip n grip. The DNA is close but maybe more like 3/4 compared to DC41. Didn't like the DNA originally. Was stinging hands on first 20 swings. Decided the hell with it and took about 30 more cuts with 44's. After swing 50 was like oh yeah this one is in the bag. Maybe not recommended except for those with lower swing speeds. Ran into another fella who approached me and was like "hey, that DNA sounded different than mine". He too mentioned disliking it and was ready to sell it. Told him what I did and said he would give it a go as well.

UncleMosk

Took about 5 cuts on each all 52'. 27oz to 29 oz on swing weights. Swirling winds.
20220618_101327.jpg

Distance went to the Warthog which hit the 3rd Step in the landscape. Patriot hit 2nd furthest today. These Easton Ghosts are hit n miss on Distance for sure, IMO. The rest where all pretty equal with either hitting the lower wall or bouncing to the 2nd step in landscape.
Screenshot_20220618-101224_Maps Ruler.jpg

UncleMosk

Took 10 swings each. Point System with HR (3pts) Gatecrasher (2pts) one hop to fence (1pt)

20220815_204654.jpg
DNL 12pts
Revolt : 11pts
BGR 10pts
DB44: 9pts
Ares: 9pts
Mach: 7pts
RD 28 6pts
Patriot: 6pts
Ambsh: 5pts

Bats that went over on this park were
DNA (1) Revolt (2) BG Ony (2) DB44 (1)
Screenshot_20220815-192600_Maps Ruler.jpg

Of the Dual Stamps the Combat Revolt is the winner, impressive enough to finish 2nd in the this round. Hits the 52 very well.
Battleground has one side of barrel that's ridiculous. I do try to rotate every 1/4 of the bats on each swing. With them having some ASA issues not sure how many games I could get this bat in until it's on a league banned list.
RD28 which didn't score high did hit some great line drives.
Patriot lacks that it factor but I've said seems to fit my swing in game situations.
Ambush lackluster here. Has more hits than most here but hasn't gotten any better. Have used in some UTRip games and has done well for me. But not a bomb dropper for sure.
Ares still getting there. Has changed in sound when squared up. Glad didn't give up on it.
Mach1 first 10 swings in wrapper. The 30oz is not over bearing, another 40 to 50 and sense this would score better.
DB44 starting to open up. Daisy Cutter repaint but the DNA Legacy wins this round. Just a consistent performer with this one is backup to gamer in bag.

bronx90210

Addicted to Softballfans
Always great to see your reviews. Very surprised to hear the revolt dual stamp did so well. Have you hit clincher softballs with it. How does it respond to the mush ball.

UncleMosk

Always great to see your reviews. Very surprised to hear the revolt dual stamp did so well. Have you hit clincher softballs with it. How does it respond to the mush ball.
Not necessarily have hit clinchers but friends of mine who BP every week and have balls that are literally over a few years old feel like clinchers. Basically mush balls. The bat surprisingly hit those balls well. If I recall they may have 2 or 3 in that mix. I'll try to make sure to hit those only and give you some feedback.

UncleMosk

Took 15 swings each. Point System with HR (3pts) Gatecrasher (2pts) one hop to fence (1pt)

Sncst BLash 28.5 oz= 15pt 2 over
Worth Mach 30 oz = 14pt 1 over
Monsta Clk 25 oz = 12 pt 1 over
Est ResHelmr 30oz = 10pt 1over
Demar RD28 28oz = 7pt

Backlash killed it. Sound is different than the 1st version. When hit on screws almost reminded me of the Combat Crack of old.

Demar just hasn't turned it up. Has more hits than most here.

Helmer Res DblBarrel 30 oz first 8 cuts felt like a log but swings after started to turn it up.

Monsta whats to say. Solid performer as always.

Mach starting to turn the tide as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220901-214954_Maps Ruler.jpg
    Screenshot_20220901-214954_Maps Ruler.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 20
  • VideoCapture_20220901-223954.jpg
    VideoCapture_20220901-223954.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 22

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
It seems pretty obvious since description of these Suncoast bats make no mention of divergence/inner barrel tech, but can you or perhaps someone else confirm that?!?

UncleMosk

New set of swings. Shoulder still healing and some issues with dropping elbow in this round.

Bats swung were:
20220919_211914.jpg
27 oz Monsta Banger (19pts) 2ovr
28.5 oz Suncst BLash 2 (24pts) 3ovr
29.5 oz Combat Revolt (16pts) 1ovr
30 oz Helmer Resmondo (20pts) 1ovr

In this round of 20 swings each.

Suncoast killed it again with 3 over the fence and 6 gate crashers and longest shot in pic below. The Easton Helmer GhostRes just continues to fit my swing the best. Of 20 swings 15 hit marks. Distance lacking but 11 one hoppers with one over helping it finish 2nd! Banger is just that as it hit some hot seeds to finish 3rd. The Revolt started slow but rallied in the end.

Will try to get the Suncoast some game swings this week in league ball.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220919_230548.jpg
    Screenshot_20220919_230548.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 7

bronx90210

Addicted to Softballfans
I had to clear my eyes you are reviewing the bats I was interested in. I’m not surprised about the suncoast for some reason they don’t get the love they deserve. I’m not surprised you got the helmer in a 30 ounce do they swing through the weight?. As for the banger looks like a great stick I had it for a short time but never swung it outdoors. I am just not a midload guy. It definitely feels like an endload bat. Thanks for putting in the time for another great review.

UncleMosk

I had to clear my eyes you are reviewing the bats I was interested in. I’m not surprised about the suncoast for some reason they don’t get the love they deserve. I’m not surprised you got the helmer in a 30 ounce do they swing through the weight?. As for the banger looks like a great stick I had it for a short time but never swung it outdoors. I am just not a midload guy. It definitely feels like an endload bat. Thanks for putting in the time for another great review.
The Helmer feels more midloaded/balanced than endloaded. When I saw the 30oz, had to pull the trigger on it.

The Banger did kill a clincher I had in the bag. It bounced over the 305 mark double high fence.

Have to clear out some sticks though, starting to show I have a problem!

duffman99

New set of swings. Shoulder still healing and some issues with dropping elbow in this round.

Bats swung were:
View attachment 70599
27 oz Monsta Banger (19pts) 2ovr
28.5 oz Suncst BLash 2 (24pts) 3ovr
29.5 oz Combat Revolt (16pts) 1ovr
30 oz Helmer Resmondo (20pts) 1ovr

In this round of 20 swings each.

Suncoast killed it again with 3 over the fence and 6 gate crashers and longest shot in pic below. The Easton Helmer GhostRes just continues to fit my swing the best. Of 20 swings 15 hit marks. Distance lacking but 11 one hoppers with one over helping it finish 2nd! Banger is just that as it hit some hot seeds to finish 3rd. The Revolt started slow but rallied in the end.

Will try to get the Suncoast some game swings this week in league ball.
How's the loading on the Suncoast?

UncleMosk

Just took some swings to work on mechanics. Have been hitting many pop ups and grounders to short. Focused on hitting square and line drives.

The AntiVirus 29 oz EL felt good, this one isn't as soft as the older one I had many years ago. Hit the 52's pretty good. Was cooler temps so that could be a play here. Bombadier sounded like a shotgun. Starting to web slightly. Maybe will get in game bag soon. The Suncoast is recommended for you 12 inch barrel guys. The LS Senior is still stiff. Have a Over 50 Tourney and need to get it ready. But honestly won't need much.

20221004_211800.jpg

UncleMosk

15 Swings Each. Point System with HR (3pts) Gatecrasher (2pts) one hop to fence (1pt)

Bcklash 29.5oz 18pts 3over
Mach 30oz 16pts 1over
DB Nihil 28.5oz 13pts
Hellcat 28oz 13pts
Banger 27oz 10pts

20221010_212211.jpg

Backlash topped again. When squared the ball just goes boom.
Hit longest here.
Screenshot_20221010-215713_Maps Ruler.jpg
Mach with large sweetspot gave it a go. Banger went to sleep, have heard that some of these shells do this. Quite different from the other night. DB and Hellcat had identical scores with same sequence of one hoppers to gate crasher.

UncleMosk

Backlash can't lose right now.
20221017_205659.jpg
Destroyed the ball last night.
18 Swings each

Blash2 : 27pts 5over
WBuff : 22pts 3over
Redem: 13pt 1over
4TF : 11pts
Revolt : 9pts 1over
ReDBl : 8pts

May try to do some form of a bracket
T Off.

Have no games till Sunday. But will exclusively swing the Backlash for both games. Will give the Legacy a day off.

UncleMosk

Thanks for the review. Looks like the suncoast is hands down is your gamer. What’s the top 3 sticks you are gaming now.
Right now the Monsta DNA Legacy has been my gamer. Sprinkled in with the Monsta Grunt (DaisyCutter) and Monsta Milita. Been adding some others into the bag but been trying to stay with what works. Lately been getting the Easton Obscura some work in as well.

bronx90210

Addicted to Softballfans
Nice the Obscura was very popular when I had it. Everyone used it. But ended up selling it and getting the 2022 Easton reflex bellcorp double barrel usa. I like the old school look I wasn’t happy swinging it a few weeks ago it needs a lot more work. I am not sure if I’m going to keep it. Won’t be doing anything till next year. I’m recovering from knee surgery. So there won’t be any bat deal until I swing it again. Looking forward to swinging that dna legacy it’s in the bag.

UncleMosk

Nice the Obscura was very popular when I had it. Everyone used it. But ended up selling it and getting the 2022 Easton reflex bellcorp double barrel usa. I like the old school look I wasn’t happy swinging it a few weeks ago it needs a lot more work. I am not sure if I’m going to keep it. Won’t be doing anything till next year. I’m recovering from knee surgery. So there won’t be any bat deal until I swing it again. Looking forward to swinging that dna legacy it’s in the bag.
Not sure about your exit velo but if average then hit that Legacy with 44's for about 30 to 50 swings to get it going. Conventional wisdom says don't but so far I've shared this with 2 other guys who had the same feeling about the bat. Both wanted to get rid of it. After seeing my bat in action those guys did the same thing and thanked me later.