2022 ASA T Work Bat Reviews

UncleMosk

Nice the Obscura was very popular when I had it. Everyone used it. But ended up selling it and getting the 2022 Easton reflex bellcorp double barrel usa. I like the old school look I wasn’t happy swinging it a few weeks ago it needs a lot more work. I am not sure if I’m going to keep it. Won’t be doing anything till next year. I’m recovering from knee surgery. So there won’t be any bat deal until I swing it again. Looking forward to swinging that dna legacy it’s in the bag.
Also have the same feeling on the Resmondo 30oz. Maybe it's the weight but barrel feels stiffer than usual from this line.

bronx90210

Addicted to Softballfans
Also have the same feeling on the Resmondo 30oz. Maybe it's the weight but barrel feels stiffer than usual from this line.
Thanks I appreciate tha advice I’m. Average exit velocity but still got some of that 300ft plus pop. I will work on the Dna. Hopefully it will be my gamer by next season that’s my goal. I’m thinking with the newer Easton’s they may need more time and better weather.

UncleMosk

Shout out to Athrur Itis. GTG board member. Made a trade this week that was hesitant to pull off. Glad I did!

10 Swings Each with these below.
Point System: Hop to Fence 1pt, Gate Crasher 2pts, OTF 3pts

20221020_213559.jpg
Primo 30 oz 16pts 4 OTF
Obscu 28 oz 15pts 3 OTF
Clack 25 oz 14pts 3 OTF
4TF 27.5 oz 9pts 1 OTF
Hellc 28 oz 8pts 1 OTF

Primo thanks AI for travel to a new bat bag. Felt more balanced than endloaded. 14 inch barrel and sweetspot huge! Longest OTF pictured where it hit the top of the 1st fence past the 300 mark.

Obscura is a different beast or a one off on the double barrel tech. Night and day from the Hellcat. Maybe I got a defected one, lol.

Clack just picked on the bay. Have a feeling it's fibless. Can't seem to get the inner fib to CLACK.

4TF feels so good but slightly lacking. May need another 30 or so but then it maybe short lived after? Will see

Hellcat as mentioned above is far behind the Obscura. Last 2 swings did produce an OTF. Jury out.

SmartSelect_20221020_223023_Gallery.jpg

UncleMosk

Going to do a bracket style double elimination format with good lord 36
bats. Found an app to create the brackets enter the bats and create blind draw.

Typing that indicates this guy has a bat problem.

7 swings each with point system that I have used here. If a tie then, 3 swings each.

Each round of losers will have another oppurtunity to advance with one from each will challenge the next rounds losing 2nd chancers.

Small sample below:
SmartSelect_20221024_175641_Challenge Place.jpg

blakcherry329

I had a Balanced 27 Primo last year and it swung way too light and I just didn't like it. Traded it for the ASA Blue line in a 26EL, just because I liked the sound. :D I really liked the Easton. It swung a lot heavier than 26, but still a little light. My teammates use it more than I do, nowadays.
I do see a few Primos out there for sure.

bronx90210

Addicted to Softballfans
I had a Balanced 27 Primo last year and it swung way too light and I just didn't like it. Traded it for the ASA Blue line in a 26EL, just because I liked the sound. :D I really liked the Easton. It swung a lot heavier than 26, but still a little light. My teammates use it more than I do, nowadays.
I do see a few Primos out there for sure.
That blueline is a solid bat for a 26oz felt just right. Great for colder temperatures. when I used it. @blakcherry329 you should always use that bat I’ve seen you hit two bombs with that. I’m still regret trading away my 27oz.

blakcherry329

That blueline is a solid bat for a 26oz felt just right. Great for colder temperatures. when I used it. @blakcherry329 you should always use that bat I’ve seen you hit two bombs with that. I’m still regret trading away my 27oz.
I started using a 40oz CamWood in the cages and the 26-27oz bats just feel too light now. I've been back to the 28 and 29s. I do use it from time to time, but about 5 guys on my team use it, religiously.
It's definitely a great bat. I might have to get one in 28, if I can find one. But I'm having too much fun swinging my Ultra II. lol

bronx90210

Addicted to Softballfans
I started using a 40oz CamWood in the cages and the 26-27oz bats just feel too light now. I've been back to the 28 and 29s. I do use it from time to time, but about 5 guys on my team use it, religiously.
It's definitely a great bat. I might have to get one in 28, if I can find one. But I'm having too much fun swinging my Ultra II. lol
I know who has one. @arther itis does have a 28oz if I recall. He is definitely a good to go guy. I have been doing deals with this guy for a decade now.

blakcherry329

I try to get out @ least 2 times a week if possible. With games and other life events it's harder.

I carry a bag with about 60 plus balls. May hit about 20 to 30 as warmups and then start over to finish the bag. So about 80 cuts each time.
Oh, ok. lol. It seems like so much more. :D I do about 80 on Saturdays at Lefty's in Clifton. lol
Definitely, putting my money on the DB44 as a dark horse. I loved that bat when it came out.
I know who has one. @arther itis does have a 28oz if I recall. He is definitely a good to go guy. I have been doing deals with this guy for a decade now.
Hmmmmm, very interesting. I may reach out.
I think I've done a deal or two with him, too. Always a pleasure.
I've never been a bat whore, per se. I would never have more than 4-5 bats and I really only used 2. the rest were team bats.
The bats I have now are all about nostalgia. lol

UncleMosk

Oh, ok. lol. It seems like so much more. :D I do about 80 on Saturdays at Lefty's in Clifton. lol
Definitely, putting my money on the DB44 as a dark horse. I loved that bat when it came out.

Hmmmmm, very interesting. I may reach out.
I think I've done a deal or two with him, too. Always a pleasure.
I've never been a bat whore, per se. I would never have more than 4-5 bats and I really only used 2. the rest were team bats.
The bats I have now are all about nostalgia. lol
Can't stand the lighting @ Lefties. Used to go the one on River Road in Hackensack but got to costly.

UncleMosk

Bracket Work Started

7 swings each with point system.
HR=3pts, Fence=2pts
OneHopFence =1pts

If a tie then, 3 swings each.

20221106_091601.jpg

DerbyBoys OG, DNA Reissue, Rogo Dual Stamp and Warthog moved to next round.

Suprise low score on Clack due to mostly line drives being hit. DB44 just missed with one miss hit to get sent to loser bracket. Hellcat couldn't keep up with DNA (best in round). Techzilla figured would have some trouble but has another chance.

arther itis

payin' to get paid
Bracket Work Started

HR=3pts, Fence=2pts
OneHopFence =1pts

View attachment 71076

DerbyBoys OG, DNA Reissue, Rogo Dual Stamp and Warthog moved to next round.

Suprise low score on Clack due to mostly line drives being hit. DB44 just missed with one miss hit to get sent to loser bracket. Hellcat couldn't keep up with DNA (best in round). Techzilla figured would have some trouble but has another chance.
hmmm, Techzilla, you say?

UncleMosk

HR=3pts, Fence=2pts
OneHopFence =1pts

20221110_174851.jpg
Boombah T3 moves to next round, DNA OG kept popping up.

Another Combat moves on. Z2000 was all line drives mostly couldn't lift.

1st tie breaker came into fruition. Cobra Jet 428 outed the Clackoholic on final swing.

Last edited:

UncleMosk

HR=3pts, Fence=2pts
OneHopFence =1pts

If a tie then, 3 swings each
20221112_141213.jpg

Stiff wind today but the bracket must go on.

Gamer DNA Legacy dropped to lower bracket early against a board bro trade in the Flipper Blue.

Ghost Resmondo Helmer didn't stand a chance against the days best the Anarchy Lazer.

Dc41 also early drop to loser bracket against the The White Buffalo' black sheep repaint.

Last edited:

UncleMosk

HR=3pts, Fence=2pts
OneHopFence =1pts

20221113_095758.jpg

Warthog moves on, Demolition gave it a run.

Streets out of wrapper squeaked one after a miss hit from the Mach1

Freak Primo proving to be one that will be tough to beat. Crush chased early after a series of line drives. Only 2 bats that hit OTF, Primo had 2.

UncleMosk

HR=3pts, Fence=2pts
OneHopFence =1pts

20221118_002858.jpg

Nitrous sent DNA Reissue with its 2nd Gatecrasher to the 1st Stage of 16 Loser Bracket

Juggy squeaked by Rogo in which due to balance of the Rogo was hitting line drives on a few hits

Will pause on the Main Bracket and Switch to the first 16 in Loser Bracket.

UncleMosk

HR=3pts, Fence=2pts
OneHopFence =1pts

Mix of 52's with each hitting equally the same balls (X100, SX, Tattoo, Decker and BP+)

Demo sent Rogo packing and 1st Bat out of competition. Also furthest ball tonight. If there is ever a cold weather bat it's this one. Possible darkhorse of the bunch.

DNA OG sent the ClackoHol packing.
25 oz bats never my favorite but keep on trying. Great for line drives on my swing. Also one over for the OG.

Screenshot_20221118-211601_Challenge Place.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221118_210549.jpg
    Screenshot_20221118_210549.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 2

UncleMosk

HR=3pts, Fence=2pts
OneHopFence =1pts

Mix of 52's with each hitting equally the same balls (X100, SX, Tattoo, Decker and BP+)

Screenshot_20221124_102711.jpg

Techzilla surprised today but fell short by 1. Cooler weather might be the factor here. Crush underwhelmed today but got enough for the win.

Z2000 also was in the mix except that Hellcat was the gatecrasher today with enough to move on. None over in round.

Did swing some after the rounds (not counted here) with Hellcat and Crush as a preview with each hitting one. Should be interesting next round.

Next series.

Screenshot_20221124_102734.jpg

UncleMosk

HR=3pts, Fence=2pts
OneHopFence =1pts

Quite a battle. Balls were flying.

Screenshot_20221125_102447.jpg

DB44 Daisy edged out the Clack with 2 over. Again just have issues swinging a 25 oz bat is seems.

DC41 points were all on Gatecrashers and Over hitting 2. The Patriot had 2 over but lost out on not having another gatecrasher or better.

Easton Patriot gave a battle and still has one more chance as it was not in the original blind draw. Late entry that I forgot about it. So it will await the next Loser Bracket Round 2.

Might be able to get the next round in later today.
Screenshot_20221125_102514.jpg

UncleMosk

HR=3pts, Fence=2pts
OneHopFence =1pts

Due to the heavyweights 30oz bats started this round, all scored were effected in one format or another.

Shockingly the Resmondo Helmer moves on after only the 2nd Tie in series, edges out the Mach1 in the last 3 balls. The endload plus the weight had me popping on the Mach.
Screenshot_20221127_090758.jpg
Next round started with the DNA Reissue 27.5oz. Bat felt so light and could only muster line drives. The lowest score in the series so far and out. DNA Legacy my gamer moves on.

Next match upcoming

Screenshot_20221127_091045.jpg