2023 - Spring - Softball

ImminentDanger

Up and Over
Spring of 2023 is March 20.
Only 8 Days Away!

469164f85cd9e3165b4efddd9640cf75--allium-flowers-fyre.jpg

So get your Softballs out there on a tee and swing away......

%%%

arther itis

payin' to get paid
Wish we could get a fall/winter league going over here in central PA, makes for a awfully long offseason
In the meantime, get 14 players assembled & play a game of "workup". The breakdown would be 4 batters & 10 defenders. Each player keeps track of their own individual score/runs.

If the batter makes a force out, the batter who made the out goes over to defense at RF. Then the other defensive players rotate one position over. RF to RCF, RCF to LCF, LCF to LF, LF to 3rd, 3rd to SS, SS to 2nd, 2nd to 1st, 1st to P, P to Catcher. The catcher then joins the batters.

If the batter makes a flyball/linedrive out, the batter who made the out will go over to defense at the position of the player who caught the fly ball/line drive. The defender who caught the flyball/linedrive will join the batters.

Of course, it can be played with more batters than four. It will involve ALOT of cardio & it will teach players to field at several positions.

defos

We did something like that in our church co-ed league on the field above when we didn't have 2 full teams show up. I didn't want those who did show up to go home without playing, and they felt the same. Some people had driven 10-15 miles after work to get there. We always figured out a way to make something work.

ImminentDanger

Up and Over
Wish we could get a fall/winter league going over here in central PA, makes for a awfully long offseason
Both 'Cu_mberland County' and 'York City' have fall ball leagues. 'In the Net' (Palmyra) & 'Spooky Nook Sports' (Manheim near Lancaster) usually have winter indoor softball.

%%%

Last edited:

Gority97

In the meantime, get 14 players assembled & play a game of "workup". The breakdown would be 4 batters & 10 defenders. Each player keeps track of their own individual score/runs.

If the batter makes a force out, the batter who made the out goes over to defense at RF. Then the other defensive players rotate one position over. RF to RCF, RCF to LCF, LCF to LF, LF to 3rd, 3rd to SS, SS to 2nd, 2nd to 1st, 1st to P, P to Catcher. The catcher then joins the batters.

If the batter makes a flyball/linedrive out, the batter who made the out will go over to defense at the position of the player who caught the fly ball/line drive. The defender who caught the flyball/linedrive will join the batters.

Of course, it can be played with more batters than four. It will involve ALOT of cardio & it will teach players to field at several positions.
Love this, we’ll have to get move it a shot next time it’s warm enough out and there’s no snow on the ground 😂

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
@TWmccoy how was the tournament this weekend?

Conference starts in 11 days, my tournament schedule starts April 22 and leagues begin in my town May 1.

ImminentDanger

Up and Over
I was out hitting off my tee & The Launcher (Green Pop Toss).

I usually take about 3-4 rounds of 60 hits each - 30 shots from The Launcher, then 30 shots back from the tee. That's a pretty good workout with all the walking thrown in.

Our Sunday League starts some time in April - I'm not sure exactly which week yet.

Looking forward to getting together with the team.
%%%

TheKid33

Star Player
Supposed to have bp with guys from both my teams tomorrow. 54 and sunny.. if at least 8 guys don’t show up I’m going to make Bob Knight seem like a saint with my rant in the group text.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
@TWmccoy how was the tournament this weekend?

Conference starts in 11 days, my tournament schedule starts April 22 and leagues begin in my town May 1.

Ugh. Cold, raw day. We played at 8 AM in Loveland. It was 15 degrees at game time. High for the day might have been 40. Windy the whole time. Luckily I kept the balls (Pro Ms) inside beforehand, so they weren't total bricks. I didn't break any bats.

15 degrees is the coldest weather I've ever played in.

blakcherry329

We've played in mid-twenties a few times. But we're using Clinchers, so it's not a life and death situation when the ball gets hit. ;)
Not a lot of fun to pitch, for sure. Can't throw a knuckleball when your fingers don't bend. LOL