21 usa/asa db44

justwhippin

Addicted to Softballfans
Have both and i like the db and hate the usa. The 21 usa i have weighting is weird. It says they are EL but my 27oz has alot of weight in the taper.... i call it taper weighted . Been hitting it with zn's stadiums of late trying to break it for the warranty return lol. DB i have is also a 27oz and swings smooth. Id say it feels like it has a half oz EL.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Have both and i like the db and hate the usa. The 21 usa i have weighting is weird. It says they are EL but my 27oz has alot of weight in the taper.... i call it taper weighted . Been hitting it with zn's stadiums of late trying to break it for the warranty return lol. DB i have is also a 27oz and swings smooth. Id say it feels like it has a half oz EL.
Well this adds too the confusion.. some said little to no (real el) on the 12" but is mildly el.. i beleive syb said el on db is more than on a dc supermax soooo :confused:

justwhippin

Addicted to Softballfans
My 27oz db swings smooth and like i said feels like a half ounce endload. The 12 inch usa nihilist swings heavy but the endload is not towards the endcap but more towards the taper and i hate the way it swings. I also had the Gold nihilist and that was more balanced maybe a tad endload or midload. Just to be clear these are the asa/usa stamp bats im talking about and all in 27 oz.

justwhippin

Addicted to Softballfans
I also have the 2021 juggy in a 27oz which after a ton of swings and some against hard stadium zn balls is spittin fire. Proably my favorite 2021 asa/usa demarini. You just got to put the work on it and hit some harder balls with it to break it in.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes understood we're talking ASA/USA bat js as usual opinions are all over. You say db is half oz el syb essentially says it's an oz + (more el than what a dc has) some have said the 12" does not have much el if at all some say it does . Just kinda goofy these days with all thats going on with bats/manufacturers, I'm getting pretty close to hanging it up and just don't want to buy bats just too try and then have to sell if they dont suit me.. just as well tho i guess as i have enough more durable stuff to get me thru

justwhippin

Addicted to Softballfans
Depending on what weight you get demarinis can very more often with swing weight and balance point. Thats why i put down i had 27oz's. Demarinis can be all over the map with loading even with different batchs of same model.... just from my personal experience with them and i've been swinging them since the the first juggy. Thats why to me the 2021 12 inch usa nihilist is nothing like the past models in loading. It's by far the worst 2021 asa/usa stamp bat demarini i have swung and that's basically because of the terrible loading it has. But then again thats in a 27oz maybe a 26 or 28 would be a different story

ShortYellowBus

I have a Db44 USA 28oz, and the end load is perfect, right at the end of the bat. I haven’t swung anything lighter.

I received the 2021 Juggy and the endload on that would be just a touch below a full ounce, more than .5 but less than 1oz. It feels good. I expected a lighter swing, which is why I didn’t swing Juggys in harder 44/375 ball games.

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Again, my 12” USA is a 26 with slight endload, maybe close to a half ounce, and feels exactly like the 17usa aftermath I had, not balanced or midloaded, whippins almost sounds like they didn’t put anything in the end cap and the aluminum handle is making it feel handle heavy, their swing weight moi thing has always been weird for me, I recall when trying them out in the store back in april, I went with the 26 instead of the 27, I usually swing 27s half ounce endload, I vaguely recall it didn’t feel right

Last edited:

UncleMosk

Picked up a 12” USA nihilist USA 28oz.
Definitely this one has more endload than the DB44 I had. I'd say it's close to 1oz.

Hit today about 20 with mix of 44s, 52 and some BP Evil. Will put more on it and update when I get to the 100 hit mark.