28 Week Competition Log

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
Good job. You plan on posting pre and post pics? #nohomo You may have already posted the answer to this.

Absolutely will be posting pics. I originally was going to post pics every couple weeks but for shock value of my transformation I'll be waiting until the end to do so.

Such a huge difference and my overall quality of life is better. I sleep better, I have more energy during the day, etc. Definitely not getting that heavy again.

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
Not sure what happened but weighed myself this past weekend and at 212 so actually gained 5 pounds. So did a weekend of no carbs, starting today I'm doing 200-100-50 for carbs then repeat. 60 grams fat, 280 grams of protein.

Meals are like this for protein/carbs (high day):

Wake up 6am - oatmeal (70 grams) protein shake (50 grams) natural PB
Cardio 20 minutes then training
9:00am Protein shake (30 grams)
12:00pm - brown rice (60 grams) 50 grams protein (meat)
3:00 pm - meat (50 grams)
6:00 pm - potato (70 grams) 50 grams protein (egg whites)
9:00 pm - salad with steak (50 grams protein)
Cardio - 30-45 minutes

I'm doing cardio every day, twice a day, except for legs day. Then I just do it for 10 minutes in the AM to warm up.

Got my first photo shoot this Saturday at the gym, hoping to be back under 210 this weekend. By 8 weeks out, I want to be around 200 pounds. Then I will lose 2 pounds a week for 7 weeks so then I'm 186. Then lose water weight before show and weigh in under 176.

Also doing a 7 day body cleanse at the moment which will run through Saturday.

Will be switching up the diet almost weekly now. Posing 3 times a week as well. M-W-Sat

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
Just an update, weighed myself Saturday and down to 208.5 so I'm glad I'm back down there again. Hoping to be 205 by this Saturday to be back on track.

First photo shoot went well, it is nice to have a professional photographer taking shots and really being able to see results since I see myself differently in the mirror than I do when I see a photo. Really helps to critique areas and fine tune some stuff before the shows.

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
7 weeks out, at 201.5 pounds today.

Switching diet up again, going to 300 grams protein then 250-200-150-100 for carbs. Doing this just for one week and seeing where I'm at.

I'm real vascular, got veins every where. Striations in my legs, chest, but I'm still holding water and fat in my mid section...but considering how much weight I've lost so far you'd assume that my stomach would be holding the most fat.

I'm in panic mode but my trainer assumes me I'm on track, especially from where I've started. Basically I have about 15 more pounds to lose and that is all sitting around my mid section. Do that in 6 weeks and cut about 10-15 pounds of water and I'll make weight no problems.

grubd

Banned User
Can't wait to see your body! All this hard work, You're almost there. Good read as always.

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
You guys are all homos, but I don't judge :)

Update, weighed myself Saturday and I was 202.8, so that means I gained 1.3 pounds since the last weigh in. Trainer isn't worried, he said my body did what he expected it to do and that he wants me to run another carb cycles of 250-200-150-100. Protein at 50 grams per meal so 300 for the day.

What I'm doing is pulling away my last carb meal each day. So on the 250 day I'm eating 50 grams of carbs for first 5 meals, never eating carbs before bed. Even while training, you don't ever need to eat carbs before bed, that is just stored as fat during the night.

On a 200 carb day I'm eating carbs for first 4 meals and so forth.

Even though I was 1.3 pounds heavier, I looked leaner.

I've decided to do 30 minutes of cardio every day now in the AM, cardio for 30 minutes in PM and then about 20 minutes on Tues/Thur/Sat/Sun over lunch. I tan Mon/Wed/Fri over lunch so that is why I'm going on a walk during my lunch break.

I feel like I'm so far behind but that is just me, trainer said I'm right on target. 6 weeks out from my May 11th show and then I'm doing another one June 22 so I'm 11 weeks out from that. I'm in such a routine now things aren't even phasing me.

Carbs I eat brown rice, rice cakes, or oatmeal. Fats if I'm not eating red meat, I'm eating 2 table spoons of natural PB. Did another photo shoot over the weekend and even the photographer said it was night and day from two weeks earlier, I just don't see it :)

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
Weighed myself last Thursday and I weighed 203, gained a little bit again but no worries because I'm getting leaner and leaner every week.

I don't feel like I'm going to be ready for show #1 but my trainer keeps telling me to shut up and he knows what he is doing :)

ran same diet as above through yesterday, today I switched it to 300-200-100-0 for the carb cycle. I haven't had 300 carbs since the beginning of this thing and I feel really full today but happy at the same time :)

I'm 5 weeks out, switched my cardio to right when I get out of bed for 30 minutes. 3mph for 2 minutes then 7mpb for 1 minute and repeat throughout. Night cardio is 30 minutes at 3mph.

I'm switching to training over lunch now, I'll have more energy to workout and it splits up my day so I'm burning more calories throughout the day. I'm not going to weigh myself again until Saturday so I'll make another update this weekend when I'm 4 weeks out.

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
Well, I got sick last night so this blows. Fever, chills, runny nose, body aches, etc. BLAH!

Basically today I would wake up, force a meal down, and go to sleep and then repeat. Hoping I'm able to at least do something light in the gym tomorrow or at least some cardio. 4.5 weeks out so definitely no time for this ****.

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
Feeling at 100% now, photo shoot tomorrow and training is back to normal.

Weighed in at 198.5 this morning so my goal is going to be around 190 in 3 weeks. Time to bust my ass. Kicking cardio into higher intensity twice a day and switching up diet and supplements tomorrow after going through things with the trainer.

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
3 weeks to go, weigh 194.8 so getting down there.

Diet is now 200-100-50-0 for carbs, 300 grams protein and then 10-15 grams of fat each meal.

For carbs I'm eating mostly green beans, asparagus, and brown rice/brown rice cakes.

We shall see how the final weeks go!

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
11 days out, weigh 192.

Carbs for the next 11 days starting today are 300-200-100-0-0-0-0-100-200-300-Show Day

Protein at 300

Drinking 2 gallons of water a day, will start my diuretics next week, pull water out Thursday and hoping to come in at 176.25 but we shall see :0

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
5 days out, weigh 188.2 this morning.

Down 65 pounds :0

I can't complain too much about my progress. Only thing that sucks is that I have loose skin from all the weight loss. Oh well, that is what I get for being a big boy for a while. Stretch marks and loose skin.

Who doesn't want a 6 pack with stretch marks over them lol

Pics to come this weekend. Then prep for the Mr. Minnesota 6 weeks later.

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
Sorry for the delay guys, had a baby the same week as the show and things have been crazy ever since!

I'm putting together some before and after pictures.

I ended up weighing in at 184 at the show so a total loss of 69 lbs to hit the stage.

I was too fat and too small for the light heavy weights and ended up in the toughest division so I finished 6th of 8 but I really can't complain much considering what I went from and to where I got. I'm making a decision on Saturday on whether or not I'm going to do another show on June 22nd.

I do look better than I did 3 weeks ago and have been training harder than ever but with the lady on maternity leave, it sure is making things tough financially and not sure if I want to spend another $200+ for a one day event where although I'd look better, I still wouldn't be able to crack the top 3 if I was against the same competitors.

Pics to come for sure tho!