2pc ASA Maxum BP

chile

Bad Ape
not so much a review as this is an "old" bat...had one before didn't put a bunch of cuts on it so never really got a feel for it.

took this outta the wrapper for this session and put 2 rounds of 50 with various 44/375s (evil MCTs, X-Rocks, BP Rockets, Stotes and some Blue Dots ;) )...

initial cuts were what i remembered from the first one i had....stiff barrel with stiff feedback. after about 20-30, it started to give off that crack that we all love to hear/feel. good EL...much more than we're getting from most bats these days. swings very nice for a "log" barrel.

ss is pretty good...even hits low on the barrel (14"?) came off well. ss seemed large enough as i didn't feel i hit many outside of it.

put a total of about 110 (did a 3rd round of 50 but that was split with the Diablo and 17 ASA Juggy (these twwo got about 40 balls between them). distance was fair...maybe 2-3 in the 300' range...the Diablo had everything beat by a GOOD margin, tho.

all in all, fun bat to swing. not sure how much more it takes to get broken in but i don't think it's quite there yet. i'll continue to bp it but i doubt i'll use too many more 44s...

so, there you go @Normy

Normy

Yeah, keep giving it some lovin' and it'll get there. Those first few hundred cuts are rough. Should soften up. I've never swung the Maxum, however. Thanks for the review.

chile

Bad Ape
Yeah, keep giving it some lovin' and it'll get there. Those first few hundred cuts are rough. Should soften up. I've never swung the Maxum, however. Thanks for the review.

Maybe I WILL keep throwing 44s at it then.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
there are some Combats that are/were very worth consideration. PTE is one example. the bat was fire, cheap ($75 for most of the ones i bought), and the returns were even better (Avocado Helmers and Fireflex)

Normy

Just purchased an Anarchy Pink. If I fall in love with it, my answer to the world's problems will change from Combat(Matt Damon) to Anarchy lol

ju25

Addicted to Softballfans
I own a 2pc Maxum senior, usssa, asa, and dual stamp. I love them all and I rank them as follows : 1 senior,2 usssa, 3, dual stamp, 4asa. My usssa is right there with my pte. I have swung bats with a little more pop than Combats but I just love the way they feel and am more consistent with them. My first Combat was the DaBomb(blue/silver) second batch and I have owned just about every Combat in between. 200+ swings on my asa,most with classic m (40/325 )balls, and it seems to be getting better with each swing and holding up well.

Normy

I own a 2pc Maxum senior, usssa, asa, and dual stamp. I love them all and I rank them as follows : 1 senior,2 usssa, 3, dual stamp, 4asa. My usssa is right there with my pte. I have swung bats with a little more pop than Combats but I just love the way they feel and am more consistent with them. My first Combat was the DaBomb(blue/silver) second batch and I have owned just about every Combat in between. 200+ swings on my asa,most with classic m (40/325 )balls, and it seems to be getting better with each swing and holding up well.
My man!