3rd Round Playoffs call and protest question

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
My point, and you know it, is that there is no such "rule" concerning a runner into or colliding or initiating contact with a player without the ball so there is no protest available.

Correct, just as there is no rule-based justification for calling an out in this case. If an umpire were to call the out, the offense would have a valid protest for enforcing a non-existent rule.

TonyB

Addicted to Softballfans
My point, and you know it, is that there is no such "rule" concerning a runner into or colliding or initiating contact with a player without the ball so there is no protest available.
Whatever rule this is:
If your runner did nothing to avoid the collision other than raise an arm, he isn't going to be out. However, he is going to be ejected at the end of the play and I really don't care how big Bubba is.
Either he misinterpreted the consequence of this rule, or he misinterpreted a rule that doesn't exist, and both of those are subject to protest, right?

BIGC2007

Anymore Questions
Correct, just as there is no rule-based justification for calling an out in this case. If an umpire were to call the out, the offense would have a valid protest for enforcing a non-existent rule.
I think this is all "B" was trying to ask about.

Quit getting beat by kids and avoid this mess.

Is this a co-ed league?

B-Real plays upper div mens.

TonyB

Addicted to Softballfans
I saw this play in a tournament Saturday.

Batter hit a ball into left field. First baseman took a position inside the foul line and inside the base line between first and second. The batter-runner ran straight down the line (not swinging out into foul territory as one normally would if they were going to turn toward second), lowered his inside shoulder and hit the first baseman, knocking him down. The BR then rounded the base, saw the ball coming back into the infield and went back to the bag. Time was called, and the BR was ejected and replaced with a sub.

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
I saw this play in a tournament Saturday.

Batter hit a ball into left field. First baseman took a position inside the foul line and inside the base line between first and second. The batter-runner ran straight down the line (not swinging out into foul territory as one normally would if they were going to turn toward second), lowered his inside shoulder and hit the first baseman, knocking him down. The BR then rounded the base, saw the ball coming back into the infield and went back to the bag. Time was called, and the BR was ejected and replaced with a sub.

The blue didnt call the ejected player out ? This is what we thought were to happened but in our case it did not our player was called out and the play was called dead and our 2 runs that we made on that play was not counted.

packerbacker796

Bi-Polar as they Come
During our 3rd playoff game we played a team that is knowing to cry about just about everything and while it came out last night and then some. Game was going good for them while they were up in runs but then by the 5th inning we starting smashing and came back with a 9 run inning to take over the lead, after that they protested our lineup which we are good to go on and then starting saying to check our bats and on and on and on.

With 20 mins left in the game we are up by 4 runs and up at bat one of our guys had a runner on 2nd and hit a what would have been a double but as he was rounding 1st the guy playing 1st was in his way and he lifted his arm as not to bump him but for protection due to the 1st baseman is 6 feet and 295lbs, the blue called him out saying he intentionally bump the 1st baseman , that was the of our last at bat that would of scored at least one run and to make a long story short we lost by one run and that call was a game

killer for us.

Now my questions to those of you that will know the answer are.

1.They protest our lineup that will come up in our favor but can we protest the blues call that most likely cost us the game? The 1st baseman was impending our running to 2nd and should have been called out?

2.We found out close to the end of the game one of the players on the other team had his 16 in a half year old out son play as catcher and a runner who was very fast he looks 18 but he is 16 in a half and one of the league rules is you must be 18 he did drove in 1 run and ran 2 times that end up in runs for them, should this all be took into account as a protest and should this game not be recorded?
we're talking league ball not a tourney... league ball

tchaos7

Addicted to Softballfans
1st of all he was 16 1/2
2nd we lost by one which the bad call would of scored at least 2 runs for us.
3rd the 16 1/2 ran for 2 guys they are very slow and he scored twice for them and drove in a run also.

So do the math if you can.

Thanks

Seriously, you would have protested a 16 year old kid?

That's the most pathetic thing i've ever read. Get better or quit playing.