44 pro signature series

jaelean07

Part Time Player
Looking for some feedback on the signature series 44 pro glove.

How is the quality of the leather?
What other gloves are they comparable to?
How do they hold up with time?
Quality of laces?
Overall review of this glove?
Pros cons??

ThroughbeingIAN

Starting Player
Complete waste of money... I promise.

/thread

Debatable.

Haven't had a chance to game this at all because its insanely stiff. The quality is definitely there in the signature series. I paid $165 total. I also have two A2000's that I broken from NWT and currently game and this 44 feels just as good if not better in the early stages of breaking in. Mine is a 12.5 baseball pattern and as you can see it swallows up a softball just fine. Aside from slightly wavy welting this glove is beautiful.
If you're looking for full custom and don't need a 13"+ pattern, I highly recommend.

ALSO OP if you're in SoCal, their office is SanDiego. Go check one out in person.

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
So far so good with mine. Everyone mentions how stiff the kip is... which it is. But not more stiffer than any of the high end Japanese gloves (SSK, Under Armour, Wilson Staff) that I have owned. For the price I don't think you can go wrong. The mesh and snakeskin options are pretty neat too....

20160502_182727_zpsr7fl8rqh.jpg

20160502_182738_zpsg3yvo8np.jpg

20160502_182750_zps7velqgsx.jpg

Emperor

Star Player
hated mine. I donated it to Indians Charities it was so bad. ( i usually clean up/fix up gloves to donate). The lace was garbage, the leather felt very plastic-y, fingerstalls were uneven, was a mess.

pkc31887

Addicted to Softballfans
the signature series and classic series are on opposite ends of the spectrum. the Sig series is very nice in my opinion. The lace isnt great but it isnt terrible either. I replaced the inserts in mine as i prefer a very stiff insert. I have since purchased another sig and am very happy with that one as well. The one i game was delivered the first week of february and it probably took 2 months to get it gameable for me although some would say its still too stiff to game (thumb and ring finger dont touch when squeezed). I have heard a lot of bad things about the older ones and the classic series is garbage so avoid those.

jaelean07

Part Time Player
Debatable.

Haven't had a chance to game this at all because its insanely stiff. The quality is definitely there in the signature series. I paid $165 total. I also have two A2000's that I broken from NWT and currently game and this 44 feels just as good if not better in the early stages of breaking in. Mine is a 12.5 baseball pattern and as you can see it swallows up a softball just fine. Aside from slightly wavy welting this glove is beautiful.
If you're looking for full custom and don't need a 13"+ pattern, I highly recommend.

ALSO OP if you're in SoCal, their office is SanDiego. Go check one out in person.

I have one coming in thank you!!

jaelean07

Part Time Player
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I have one coming in that I'm pretty excited about. Hopefully I'm not disappointed...

mxracer458

I have a solid black signature baseball glove and i love it, i also had the catchers glove and it was awesome. we ordered up a youth glove for my son and the hand pocket was a adult size not a youth. since i live 30 mins away from there office, i meet with the owner and his daughter and they apologized and we reordered the glove and it was at my house in 3 weeks. On top of that they let us keep the original glove. They have great customer service. My my black 11.5 glove was brand new in a bag signature glove and the catchers glove was the same and they were both blew gloves. Paid 40 each! About to order up one for my wife.They do take time to break in, once they are broke in they are butter. i just stick a ball in the glove and put it in the window of my truck, let it get hot, stretch it out and play catch and do it again a few times. well worth it

exccsracer

Scrooge McBase
I have 3 of them and they're fine. They're not on par with my A2K 1799 gamer but I still think they're pretty good for 1/2 the price. I'm a player and not a collector so you won't hear me nit pick all the details.

This is my most recent one and I went with mesh.

vGyGG7.jpg

exccsracer

Scrooge McBase
But to answer your questions....

How is the quality of the leather? I think it's just fine. Their kip isn't like A2K kip.
What other gloves are they comparable to? Their top of the line is more equivalent to an A2000 or HoH to me.
How do they hold up with time? I have 3 with my first all kip holding up well. I only use it when I play OF though.
Quality of laces? Ummm, they're laces. A little skimpier than my A2K.
Overall review of this glove? For the money and what you get I'd recommend them.
Pros cons?? They're very stiff and I think the mesh ones are even stiffer. Break in takes a while. I don't think these are gloves that will last years and years like a A2K or PP would.

mpk

Extra Hitter
I have 3 of them and they're fine. They're not on par with my A2K 1799 gamer but I still think they're pretty good for 1/2 the price. I'm a player and not a collector so you won't hear me nit pick all the details.

This is my most recent one and I went with mesh.

vGyGG7.jpg

How much weight do you think the mesh trimmed off? Dig the color theme btw.

I've had a 44 signiture series almost a year now. I think exccsracer racer nailed it, right down to the comment about the laces. Very high quality gloves which are comparable to A2000 or HOH. I don't think they are quite as good as those, but close. Perfect for someone who just wants a high quality glove that's customizable without spending $300+.

exccsracer

Scrooge McBase
I've been happy with all Pro44, but in full disclosure, my goto gamer is my black/blonde A2K 1799.

I did one in a 12.5 snakeskin blonde and black mesh. It's stiff as can be. The other was my first. Black and blonde traditional 12.75.

kTdz5Y.jpg

zoQv95.jpg