49ers hosed by 13th man

3XC

Big Truss
The only people that think it wasn't a fumble are patriot fans... #1 on the worst calls in sports history... I guess they all think wrong too...?

Rule so bad the NFL got rid of it, but crying like a ***** is still crying like a *****.

Y'all would have gotten butt****ed by the Rams anyway, that team was ridiculous and the Patriots win was super flukey.

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't disagree that it should have been a fumble, I think it should've been a fumble because the rule is stupid. Not because the refs didn't make the right call. So a play, that i wasnt alive to see,forever linked to the raiders involving Harris.....do you see the connection to say the raiders haven't been good since Franco Harris (played)?

Not really lol!

Marshenko

Patriots fans and anyone who can read a rulebook.

Got rid of rule 12 years later. Competition Committee re-examined the rule right after the playoffs and 3 other times before it was actually nixed.

thaynes

pretty sure you can only think it was a fumble since it was ruled to not be a fumble in the game

O ok I get it now....so not fumble in game ( as per the rules, I'm looking at you Mr Woodson) = fumble in not real life

Primo

fat and famous pablo
Sherm had to jump the wrong way and an outstretched arm tips the ball....

He was beat

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
Rule so bad the NFL got rid of it, but crying like a ***** is still crying like a *****.

Y'all would have gotten butt****ed by the Rams anyway, that team was ridiculous and the Patriots win was super flukey.

We would've got waxed for sure by the Rams... I wasn't crying and complaining... I was making a comparison to what the op posted about... Those plays happen all the time in every game... The tuck rule was only called twice in the entire existence of the actual rule... Which happened to be the 1st at the time of the Pats game...

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Being good for one year means nothing. No body says o remember that 83 raiders team?. No they say remember the 2000 decade patriots, the 70's steelers, the 2000 decade yankees, braves of the 90's. Those types of teams. If you can't see how Franco Harris relates to your team you're not really a fan.
No but you still hear about the '85 bears or the 2000 ravens. Great defenses tend to stick in your mind.

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was a lot of grabbing of rams receivers in that game as I recall. No calls on it though. Face it we were coming off 911 and the pats needed to win to make a statement that patriotism was not dread.

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
There was only 3 true dynasty teams... 70's Steelers, the 49ers and the Cowboys... I actually hate all those teams... Well except the steelers that was moms team... Patriots aren't even in the same league with them.

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
We would've got waxed for sure by the Rams... I wasn't crying and complaining... I was making a comparison to what the op posted about... Those plays happen all the time in every game... The tuck rule was only called twice in the entire existence of the actual rule... Which happened to be the 1st at the time of the Pats game...
I saw it called twice in '12 in rams game. One in their favor and one not. I disagreed with both calls btw.

thaynes

No but you still hear about the '85 bears or the 2000 ravens. Great defenses tend to stick in your mind.

I was -4 when the 83 raiders were playing. We're they up to the 85 bears, 00 ravens, or 13 seahawks? I don't hear about them when defenses are brought up, that i remember at least

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
That is why you never hear about the 83 raiders except from raider fans. I do not even remember their defense.

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
I was -4 when the 83 raiders were playing. We're they up to the 85 bears, 00 ravens, or 13 seahawks? I don't hear about them when defenses are brought up, that i remember at least

No their defense wasn't as great as those... But it was very good... Redskins were the number one scoring team that year and broke some records...

3XC

Big Truss
That is why you never hear about the 83 raiders except from raider fans. I do not even remember their defense.

Marcus Allen, Howie Long, Greg Townsend, come on now. Last AFC team to win a superbowl for like 64 years.

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think GB was a dynasty at one time as were the bears. Maybe you are talking since the SB kicked off but GB would still fit.

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
I think GB was a dynasty at one time as were the bears. Maybe you are talking since the SB kicked off but GB would still fit.

Yeah since the SB was introduced... Before then doesn't really matter in my eyes... Plus I know this old bastard at work that still brings up the Bears championships from 50 years ago... Back when there was like 8 teams... Makes me sick...

oh another excellent comeback, now my feelings are hurt

Sweet that was my intention..

3XC

Big Truss
We'll see the 50th superbowl and a big to-do before the Cleveland Browns debut in the big game. And they were a dynasty of sorts in the early 1960s.

I'll be 87 years old when superbowl 100 is played. I hope I get to see it.