50 swings easton ghost

Laser15

That’s what I’ve been trying to say.

If you have a receipt, resist any temptation to send it in until the very end!
Trust me i would have but my tournament director for asa in my area says the bats "altered" if it has any seams..he threw out like 15 bats half flippers that have the paint seam..when they passed compression...

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Trust me i would have but my tournament director for asa in my area says the bats "altered" if it has any seams..he threw out like 15 bats half flippers that have the paint seam..when they passed compression...

I don't know why he's saying a bat is "altered" because of a paint seam, but he is absolutely right to not allow it. General rule of thumb most umps/directors use is the fingernail test; if you can see it but not feel it, it's webbing. If you can catch a fingernail under it, it's a crack. Spirals, paint seams, zippers, etc. are just terms that players made up, umps and directors will say "cracked" or "not cracked".

Laser15

How can something on the bat tell you the exit speed? Was there also a phone taking video involved?
My buddy has a go pro camera I'm not much for the fancy stuff I'm probably the worst person for advice for this lol I was told to put it on my bat and swing ...sorry for not being able to help...

Laser15

Anyone notice that the ghosts connection pieces vary by color i bought another my first one was white the one I just got it's black just curious to see if anyone else saw this

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Anyone notice that the ghosts connection pieces vary by color i bought another my first one was white the one I just got it's black just curious to see if anyone else saw this

If you've ever flipped up the rubber Connexion piece on any Easton, you'd see it's just a rubber band that covers up the joint between barrel and handle. It serves zero structural purpose and if it's a different colour rubber, it's probably because the Chinese factory could get that colour 0.002 cents cheaper on the date of production.

Laser15

If you've ever flipped up the rubber Connexion piece on any Easton, you'd see it's just a rubber band that covers up the joint between barrel and handle. It serves zero structural purpose and if it's a different colour rubber, it's probably because the Chinese factory could get that colour 0.002 cents cheaper on the date of production.
Thank you! I was just like wtf haha

Hiltz

Built for comfort
I could see how it would throw you. But it's purely cosmetic. The handles are epoxied into the barrels the same way Worth, Miken, and Demarini bats are made. Only Easton decided to cover the joint with a rubber band.

It makes me laugh whenever Easton changes the name of the joint. It used to be the "Connexion" piece, then it was "CXN Zero", now it's "ConneXion+".... it's literally just a rubber band that serves no practical function.

poalrisxltsp

Addicted to Softballfans
This weekend I cracked my ghost. It has less than 50 cuts on it. Not a blemish on the bat other than 2 cracks. I better get a full return and not a no return bat sent to me. Bat is fire but what good does it do if it crack with 40 cuts on it?

Laser15

This weekend I cracked my ghost. It has less than 50 cuts on it. Not a blemish on the bat other than 2 cracks. I better get a full return and not a no return bat sent to me. Bat is fire but what good does it do if it crack with 40 cuts on it?
Mine had the seam /paint they gave me a ra # and I get 2 returns this was last week it's a pain to get ahold of someone there i was on hold for 25 mins lol

Imago Dei

Nihil Sine Deo
Hit mine for the 1st time yesterday, 52 300. No cracks. We used it for team bp but most everyone liked bbl better. Both out of the wrapper.

ichiromoco

Addicted to Softballfans
Swung mine yesterday for the first time. Bat is good. Nothing special imo. Sound was interesting and feedback off the bat was crisper than I was expecting based on others posts... but all in all its just another decent stick.

slacker1

Addicted to Softballfans
My ghost has almost 1000 swings on it with only 300/52 balls and the thing is stupid. The crack it makes on contact is incredibly loud at this point, almost like a wood bat. The barrel is webbed to hell with the same two paint cracks it developed after only 50 swings, and still going strong. I am surprised that this thing is still going at this point, but it keeps doing it’s thing and continues to get better. A lot of people that swung it with low swings on it didn’t like it, but now those same people can’t put it down saying that it feels like it has become a totally different bat. All I can say is if you put in the work on this bat, you won’t be disappointed. Unfortunately, it doesn’t sound like some of the other people out there are having the same luck with their ghosts.

Laser15

My ghost has almost 1000 swings on it with only 300/52 balls and the thing is stupid. The crack it makes on contact is incredibly loud at this point, almost like a wood bat. The barrel is webbed to hell with the same two paint cracks it developed after only 50 swings, and still going strong. I am surprised that this thing is still going at this point, but it keeps doing it’s thing and continues to get better. A lot of people that swung it with low swings on it didn’t like it, but now those same people can’t put it down saying that it feels like it has become a totally different bat. All I can say is if you put in the work on this bat, you won’t be disappointed. Unfortunately, it doesn’t sound like some of the other people out there are having the same luck with their ghosts.
mine is at the same level as yours cant put it down

Laser15

We played in a state qualifier my 100 hit ghost was at 750 on the nose the 20 swing ghost failed at 700 on both sides of the bat