576 foot shot at Liberty. Including light buster :)

todd498

Addicted to Softballfans
You want to get to 600'? Go do Colorado.......... Also, some very nice shots.

Thanks :thumb: And that's basically what both Ozzie and Jose said about Colorado. Jose said even Vegas, there is a significant difference from FL. But hey I can't complain about the conditions for these shots, they were pretty dang good for FL! 17-18 mph going out at 73 degrees is fun weather to hit in.

todd498

Addicted to Softballfans
Jose said an extra 50 feet in Denver. That's an insane amount when you're talking about distance.

todd498

Addicted to Softballfans
I've heard it as an extra 10' for every 1,000 feet of elevation.

Well that makes sense then for Denver. I believe it's 5,000 or so feet above sea level. But like I said, from now on, for myself, it has to be in a game or even a big derby for a 600 footer to count :biggthumpup:

Ballisttic

Star Player
Well that makes sense then for Denver. I believe it's 5,000 or so feet above sea level. But like I said, from now on, for myself, it has to be in a game or even a big derby for a 600 footer to count :biggthumpup:

They don't call coors field the mile high stadium for nothing.:bigok:

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
They don't call coors field the mile high stadium for nothing.:bigok:

"Mile High Stadium" was where the Bronco's played, but you got the idea. :thumb:

So, at 10 feet for every 1,000 feet of elevation......Those balls hit in Denver would "theoretically" (have to throw that in there for nit-picky-bitchy type of guys), would travel an additional 56' or so. That's a hell of a long way.

obagain

Dr. bats are for wimps
"Mile High Stadium" was where the Bronco's played, but you got the idea. :thumb:

So, at 10 feet for every 1,000 feet of elevation......Those balls hit in Denver would "theoretically" (have to throw that in there for nit-picky-bitchy type of guys), would travel an additional 56' or so. That's a hell of a long way.

I know when I was hitting with steve earlier this year I was amazed at the distance.
You hear about it but to actually be there was quite an experience.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
I know when I was hitting with steve earlier this year I was amazed at the distance.

I may need to haul my old fat ass down and hit with you and Steve or invite you up to Missoula for a Masters Tourney they hold every June.

todd498

Addicted to Softballfans

That's what I've been hearing! Jose said "We need to get you over to that dry Vegas air or better yet, Denver. That would seriously be interesting." I asked him where the same shots I was hitting that day at the Villages would have gone in Denver, and after him and Ozzie both started cracking up thay said 600 feet. That 576 shot is as hard as I can hit a ball. Put that perfect spin on it. And I did have a 17-18mph wind out to left and it was humid or hot at all. But I guess a 6 hundo shot in Denver is possible.

ScootDog

Rather be surfing
I never played softball in CO, but I played golf in Keystone which is pretty high up........not looking up the true elevation cuz I'm not....Ho lee sheet the ball FLEW.

todd498

Addicted to Softballfans
you seemed to swing a couple of new stamps : B/Y blackout, white DC41, freak12, red easton L1?

Oh I thought you meant newer, like 2016 new. But of the bats you meantioned there, I'd take the Easton L1 to be honest. After a couple thousands hits, I think it's a tad hottter than a well broken in Blackout. From what I'm seeing of my torq, it's gonna be even better.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Saw a field this summer in Divide, CO that was over 9,000 ft elevation. I'd love to hit there!
Boom Days tourney is in Aug in Leadville is at 10K...fields are only 260ish I think with hr limits. So base hits(and running) are the name of the game.
I never played softball in CO, but I played golf in Keystone which is pretty high up........not looking up the true elevation cuz I'm not....Ho lee sheet the ball FLEW.

What is the status on the move?

6040adam

Addicted to Softballfans
Nice job Todd! ! Do a few videos of hitting lazers keeping it in a 300ft fence, and you might get some major offers.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
breakenridge, CO has some fields at 10k ele i believe. If you bp and get winded at sea level that thin air will kill you most likely lol.

I've played there and it's 9,600K. Went there to do some downhill mountain biking. When we got a rainy day we went to the civic center and played the most exhausting game of racquetball ever. :eek: I walked outside for some fresh air and a team that was short asked me to play. We played on a baseball sized field and some sloppy swings were getting close to the fence or over with 44/400s. I didn't try for the fence since the team I was on only had a single wall. I later regretted that after seeing how far an oppo liner I hit carried. I bet it made a 50' difference on a good swing compared to St. Louis which is less than 500' above sea level.