8th Annual Swinging Bunt

Sixes

K C C O
Awesome, awesome weekend.

The drive back to MN was a breeze...literally. 40+ MPH winds pushed my truck across the cheese state and I was pulling almost 22mpg @ 80 from Madison to MInneapolis.

Great job everyone!

Who ended up winning it?

thejuggster

Dying of WTP Disease
Awesome, awesome weekend.

The drive back to MN was a breeze...literally. 40+ MPH winds pushed my truck across the cheese state and I was pulling almost 22mpg @ 80 from Madison to MInneapolis.

Great job everyone!

Who ended up winning it?

they called a tied due to weather....was team 16 and team 12

Frozenrope88

Addicted to Softballfans
Great year again guys. I'm burnt to a crisp and burnt out haha. Just wondering if anyone in the Ottawa/streator wanna play 14in Ottawa league or 12in streator league message me pls

CARMEL

Ball Playing Momma
Thank You to Dusty, Tony, and everyone else that helps with this awesome charity tourney. I had an Awesome time with team 4! One of the best Swinging Bunts yet! Looking forward to next year also!

Crash1207

The BUNT Guy
I should probably do this as a new thread to make sure everyone sees it but I'm putting it here anyway.

I want to thank everyone who has even the smallest hand in making this tournament work and a success. I said it earlier in the week, but I liken the Bunt to Walt Disney World. When you're there and all the magic happens you take it for granted since you just assume it will be there and work. But behind the scenes there are people running around like crazy putting in long hours prepping and planning and doing a lot of finger crossing that everything will work when you need it to work. The couple months leading up to this past weekend is very crazy for a handful of us so when it all goes well, we can finally exhale.

I also want to thank the folks who volunteer to be captains. Some of them have done this a long time and have become great assets for us since we don't have to do a lot of hand holding. Even the new captains this year were all great.

Participating in the Bunt is a big commitment from a lot of you in terms of time, traveling, and money so I want to make sure you all know how much we appreciate everyone who comes to play. I think this year was probably the best in my mind in terms of great people, no issues, and teams that all enjoyed playing together. I even had players from teams who didn't win much stop me and say this was the most fun team they've ever had at the Bunt.

Each of the last couple of years I've gotten to the point that I've said that this will be the last year I coordinate the tournament. Eventually that will happen and I'll pass it to someone else. But after this year I was completely rejuvenated (maybe it was all the sun) and can certainly say that I'll be back in full swing next year. Just no more playing for me. That's now out of my system. :)

Thanks again everyone!
Dusty

redbirdfan1

Focker
I should probably do this as a new thread to make sure everyone sees it but I'm putting it here anyway.

I want to thank everyone who has even the smallest hand in making this tournament work and a success. I said it earlier in the week, but I liken the Bunt to Walt Disney World. When you're there and all the magic happens you take it for granted since you just assume it will be there and work. But behind the scenes there are people running around like crazy putting in long hours prepping and planning and doing a lot of finger crossing that everything will work when you need it to work. The couple months leading up to this past weekend is very crazy for a handful of us so when it all goes well, we can finally exhale.

I also want to thank the folks who volunteer to be captains. Some of them have done this a long time and have become great assets for us since we don't have to do a lot of hand holding. Even the new captains this year were all great.

Participating in the Bunt is a big commitment from a lot of you in terms of time, traveling, and money so I want to make sure you all know how much we appreciate everyone who comes to play. I think this year was probably the best in my mind in terms of great people, no issues, and teams that all enjoyed playing together. I even had players from teams who didn't win much stop me and say this was the most fun team they've ever had at the Bunt.

Each of the last couple of years I've gotten to the point that I've said that this will be the last year I coordinate the tournament. Eventually that will happen and I'll pass it to someone else. But after this year I was completely rejuvenated (maybe it was all the sun) and can certainly say that I'll be back in full swing next year. Just no more playing for me. That's now out of my system. :)

Thanks again everyone!
Dusty
This year had a "back to basics" feel to it and went rather smoothly.

well done by all those involved. I don't know if the umps were paid or volunteered but I thought they all did a good job this weekend as well.

jshell73

Far from Normal
If Dusty does not play next year, I think Shell should come out of retirement!

I wouldn't want to show you up. Like that half-diving, half-tripping attempt in the chamionship that you couldn't come up with. :D

Just glad you weren't hurt getting up after that one. It didn't look fun.

T Ripp

<font color="gray">GDC SILVER STATUS MEMBER</font>
I have to say I really liked it even more this year even though it was only my second year. I really liked the addition of the new 52/300 balls and had lots of fun looking forward to next year.