A few questions about the upcoming April Pro504-6.

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
They actually have a retail ELO for the 2020 A2K but they changed the name to 1775, made in Japan....
https://www.wilson.com/en-us/baseball/gloves/outfield/2020-a2k-1775-12-75-outfield-baseball-glove
There's a few differences between the 1775 and ELO that I can see.

1. Dual fingertip lacing on the ELO including Xs on the web top not seen on the 1775
2. Single post dual bar web on the 1775 where it has a base on the ELO
3. 1775 has a wide pocket design (extra strip between index and middle finger) where the ELO is narrower

The 1775 looks like a very Japanese styled glove where the ELO seems to harken back to the early outfield patterns like Rous showed above.

MaverickAH

There's a few differences between the 1775 and ELO that I can see.

1. Dual fingertip lacing on the ELO including Xs on the web top not seen on the 1775
2. Single post dual bar web on the 1775 where it has a base on the ELO
3. 1775 has a wide pocket design (extra strip between index and middle finger) where the ELO is narrower

The 1775 looks like a very Japanese styled glove where the ELO seems to harken back to the early outfield patterns like Rous showed above.

I was going to post some of the exact same stuff but you beat me to it!

I dug out some old pics I had of my ELO. It's a 12.5" og version from 1996 & these pics were taken at age 17 shortly before I lost it. :(

WeDWKTo.jpg

7Hufvif.jpg

DlruzXG.jpg

DMvNVBS.jpg

10PPfOl.jpg

A lot of "firsts" with this glove.
  • The first non-tan/brown glove I ever owned.
  • The first glove I ever broke in using my now standard method.
  • I first glove I used almost exclusively for infield.
  • My first grass/turf only glove.
This was a HOF type glove for me. I was already a very good defensive player but this glove took me to another level. AD talked about sending a lot of guys to the right. Well, I did the same. I did it to the point where teams game planned to NOT hit the ball in my direction.

MaverickAH

Never again sir! Although this is my LAST glove ever, I'm done!

I may still try and find a Small Batch #26......but then I'm done!

Your wife made you say that "Last glove ever" stuff, didn't she? :D:p:eek:

The "find a Small batch" stuff is what you muttered back under you breath when she was out of hearing distance...…… :cool:

Last edited:

NYC

Swag on 100.
I was going to post some of the exact same stuff but you beat me to it!

I dug out some old pics I had of my ELO. It's a 12.5" og version from 1996 & these pics were taken at age 17 shortly before I lost it. :(

WeDWKTo.jpg

7Hufvif.jpg

DlruzXG.jpg

DMvNVBS.jpg

10PPfOl.jpg

A lot of "firsts" with this glove.
  • The first non-tan/brown glove I ever owned.
  • The first glove I ever broke in using my now standard method.
  • I first glove I used almost exclusively for infield.
  • My first grass/turf only glove.
This was a HOF type glove for me. I was already a very good defensive player but this glove took me to another level. AD talked about sending a lot of guys to the right. Well, I did the same. I did it to the point where teams game planned to NOT hit the ball in my direction.
but it's so darn narrow...

MaverickAH

but it's so darn narrow...

That's what I thought too! But being that it's a 12.5" baseball glove for outfield, it made for an excellent infield glove for softball.

The owners of my favorite sports store were retiring & selling off stock. They were a family owned business located in the Wall St. area so they sold a lot of high end equipment for a lot of different sports & activities. I picked up this glove for $70 not knowing if I was actually going to ever use it. I had some thoughts about how the hand works & moves. I decided to use it to test my theories & broke in the glove to replicate as close as possible the way my hand worked naturally. it turned out to be a revelation & it was the best performing glove I ever used up until then. I've refined the process & been breaking in my gloves this way ever since.

Easily well over a thousand games on the glove & while it had seen better days, it was still serviceable as a loner & even as a gamer. I still got compliments from playing who had tried it on or used it. The only negative is that it suffered from what all A2000's inevitably suffer from. Thinning of the palm leather over time...….. I got about 5 years of top performance & was able to squeeze another 2 years out of it before it was replaced as a primary. It was then relegated to asphalt/concrete ball & part time service.

FTR, this glove was used during the period when I stopped playing slow pitch & played modified & men's fast pitch exclusively. With bunting, stealing & runners being able to leave at the release of the pitch, a smaller glove for IF was necessary.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
A few points after playing / messing around with the 504 for a few days. I haven't caught a ball with it yet, just some hand shaping, shoe shining, and stretching it in the floor late at night watching TV. Man it's going to be a great glove! This may be the only glove that I'll own that I didn't tighten the wrist lap to the smallest setting, at least not sure just yet?

I know I said I was fine either way with old school split welting or HSW, but I have to agree with Bunt on this one, I'm glad it's split gray welting, it looks great! One more thing about the welting, I love the welting between the fingers! This 504, my 12TC, and both of my NP's have it between the fingers, I definitely like it more than my Pro1000 and my KB17 with the welting just in the center of the fingers, although some could argue the lesser welting looks cleaner?

One more thing.......not sure why but the back of this 504 reminds me a lot of the RV23 I had for a short time? The back of the fingers looks just like one to me, it must be the pretty large gap between the index and middle fingers? Glad I bought one!
thumbnail (21).jpg thumbnail (22).jpg thumbnail (23).jpg thumbnail (24).jpg thumbnail (25).jpg

bigjbowski16

Addicted to Softballfans
A few points after playing / messing around with the 504 for a few days. I haven't caught a ball with it yet, just some hand shaping, shoe shining, and stretching it in the floor late at night watching TV. Man it's going to be a great glove! This may be the only glove that I'll own that I didn't tighten the wrist lap to the smallest setting, at least not sure just yet?

I know I said I was fine either way with old school split welting or HSW, but I have to agree with Bunt on this one, I'm glad it's split gray welting, it looks great! One more thing about the welting, I love the welting between the fingers! This 504, my 12TC, and both of my NP's have it between the fingers, I definitely like it more than my Pro1000 and my KB17 with the welting just in the center of the fingers, although some could argue the lesser welting looks cleaner?

One more thing.......not sure why but the back of this 504 reminds me a lot of the RV23 I had for a short time? The back of the fingers looks just like one to me, it must be the pretty large gap between the index and middle fingers? Glad I bought one!
View attachment 56761 View attachment 56762 View attachment 56763 View attachment 56764 View attachment 56765
Are you shaping it to close single hinge or double hinge? If double hinge, how is that going?

Drumdoc10

Just got My 504 today. Well It’s TIP friendly and thumb to ring close friendly also. Great infield softball glove. Leather is prestige.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans

View attachment 56761 View attachment 56762 View attachment 56763 View attachment 56764 View attachment 56765
You need to buy a RV-23 so you can do comparo pics (admit it, you've bought gloves for worse reasons than that)!

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
You need to buy a RV-23 so you can do comparo pics (admit it, you've bought gloves for worse reasons than that)!

I’ve thought about a new RV, I’d love to try another, also a new Pro1000, which I’m definitely going to get one for Anna, and a Small Batch 26 if I can find one.........Maverick is going to sell me his cheap, right Maverick?