A few questions about the upcoming April Pro504-6.

wangs78

Reviving an old thread - does anyone know if a PRO504 will be released again? I'm getting back into softball this summer and would like to upgrade from my old glove from childhood. From researching this forum, it seems like the 504 is the perfect softball utility glove. Doesn't seem like it's available anywhere at the moment but I can wait a few months or even a full season if someone has any intel on when there will be a new batch being sold. I don't think I want to go the custom Rawlings route and pay $350+. An alternative would be a 12.75" glove or if anyone's heard of Capire, they offer a 12.5" glove for under $250 with customization so that's a possibility too. Oh, I expect to play 1st or 2nd and have occasionally filled in in the OF which is why I'm looking for a utility glove. Would rather get one very nice glove rather than two good, but not great, ones and I don't want to spend the extra time breaking in two gloves either. Thanks!

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
Reviving an old thread - does anyone know if a PRO504 will be released again? I'm getting back into softball this summer and would like to upgrade from my old glove from childhood. From researching this forum, it seems like the 504 is the perfect softball utility glove. Doesn't seem like it's available anywhere at the moment but I can wait a few months or even a full season if someone has any intel on when there will be a new batch being sold. I don't think I want to go the custom Rawlings route and pay $350+. An alternative would be a 12.75" glove or if anyone's heard of Capire, they offer a 12.5" glove for under $250 with customization so that's a possibility too. Oh, I expect to play 1st or 2nd and have occasionally filled in in the OF which is why I'm looking for a utility glove. Would rather get one very nice glove rather than two good, but not great, ones and I don't want to spend the extra time breaking in two gloves either. Thanks!
I'm not sure if another Horween 504 will happen again. But a 208 (12.5" 200) was mentioned in another thread (so you can choose to wait for that release several months from now).

See if @Committed still has this NP7 (stamped 12.25" but no smaller than a 504). However, sandlot HOH has a rugged feel that a lot of people don't like (I'm in the minority and think it's one of the best leather options Rawlings offers).

http://forums.softballfans.com/threads/fs-rawlings-heart-of-the-hide-pronp7-6-sandlot-rht.1461380/

If going the custom route, Marucci is currently offering their Cypress (A2000/HOH tier) for $200 (plus you can usually find an active 10-15% code online to offset the sales tax). Best bang for your buck (especially since you get a named brand most players will at least recognize).

wangs78

@etnstudios and @Swinging Bunt. Thanks for the input, really helpful. Will def have a look at the annual rawlings dealer thingy. Regarding the NP7/Sandlot, I checked out Committed's thread and the finish looks great, but isn't 12 1/4 a little small for utility purposes for softball? @Committed do you agree the NP7 plays no smaller than a 504? I've never held one, seen one in the wild...

Last edited: