A resurgence in popularity for older Eastons

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I'm noticing a trend lately. Older (pre Fireflex) Eastons seem to be getting popular. Stuff like the Raw Power and Bomb Squad lines, or even B2, L2, L1, etc. Lots of people are seeking these bats out on FB, and the prices are creeping up.

What I wonder is, why? Admittedly, Easton's pre-Fireflex lineups weren't very hot. They are, however, durable.

Bats I paid under $100 for new 5 years ago are suddenly going for over $100 used.

Blue/yellow Bubba Clubs have gained popularity, too. When that bat came out, no one bought them. Now I see them going for well over $100 used.

pkc31887

Addicted to Softballfans
If i had to speculate, it may have something to do with world events at the C and above level will require testing to meet the 240 compression even with an old USSSA stamp bat. I know that isnt the majority of slowpitch players but it could lead to an increased supply. another reason may just be people wanting to stock up on old stamp bats before they're gone completely.

Committed

Noticed the uptick in pricing for Helmer Cado bats lately and just looking for the next best thing. People are paying CRAZY money for these new. I’m dumbfounded...

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Noticed the uptick in pricing for Helmer Cado bats lately and just looking for the next best thing. People are paying CRAZY money for these new. I’m dumbfounded...
I liked my avocado, but it was barely middle of the road performance wise until it was almost failing. I can't imagine it even reached good until it was failing at 220, let alone 240.

D-ROCK13

My cado is still going strong, several thousand hits with all kinds of balls. It's hot and under 190psi, but, still not the hottest bat i've swung by far. Teammates still swing it religiously though.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
My cado is still going strong, several thousand hits with all kinds of balls. It's hot and under 190psi, but, still not the hottest bat i've swung by far. Teammates still swing it religiously though.
Exactly. They'll last forever at that point, but they're a, failing, and b, not as hot as some bats that still pass. People don't understand these numbers are a guess at best. Compression numbers aren't meaningless, but they're almost meaningless scientifically speaking.

bigcam406

Addicted to Softballfans
My '14 L5 is one of my favourites. Has over 4000 hits on it and it still rocks, especially when hitting the harder stuff. I recently purchased another one for BP. Best thing about these is i never have to worry about breaking them.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
L5's were criminally underrated. L1 and L2 got all the hype but I preferred the feel of my L5 over my L1.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
L5's were criminally underrated. L1 and L2 got all the hype but I preferred the feel of my L5 over my L1.

The L5 is probably the only model from that era I've never owned. I do like the L1 and L2 though.

I even like the Torq. I have a couple of those. Different composite blend, but those things drop bombs too.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
I even like the Torq. I have a couple of those. Different composite blend, but those things drop bombs too.

I wish Easton would've stuck with their TCT composite longer before switching to their Fire Flex models. The '17's were the perfect blend of old and new; they had the stiff feel and durability of previous models but they got hotter way earlier. I'm still gaming my '17 Wegman and it hangs with anything.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I wish Easton would've stuck with their TCT composite longer before switching to their Fire Flex models. The '17's were the perfect blend of old and new; they had the stiff feel and durability of previous models but they got hotter way earlier. I'm still gaming my '17 Wegman and it hangs with anything.

I agree. I have a couple Torqs and a couple SIS team editions. All TCT composite. Good stuff. Not quite as stiff as IMX, but still durable. I love the performance.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
Super hot and lasts forever. Still passes compression by a lot
21qlny3.jpg

rkjunior

Laser show, RELAX.
With the switch to 240, lots of events around here are testing to 220 religiously. Most of those older Eastons stay under 220 much longer. I had NIW Ghost fail 220 after one round of BP.