Need Help Advice on dealing with no feedback.

Hello fellow board members, I was just wondering how most of you guys deal with people who have no feedback? To set the scene for you, I was messaged by a board member who is interested in a glove I have for trade/sale but he has no feed back and joined the site earlier this year. He wants to trade me for one of his gloves. He told me he could provide me his ebay ID for credibility and He sent me pics from photo bucket that has the glove of choice and a few others. I am interested in the trade but not sure how to proceed. I am just skeptical because I see a lot of stories of people doing business with other board Bros that have little to no feedback and getting screwed over and I don't want that to happen to me. I understand that I myself have very little feedback but I assume it's better than having none. So what would you guys do in this situation. Thank you in advanced for the advice.

Country35

Banned User
Make the noob ship first. If you like his glove you can keep it and send yours, if not send his back. Or if he isnt ok with that use a middle man.

Joker

ask him to ship first. if he says no and you don't feel comfortable, move on

if you both agree you can use a middleman, but you will have to wait longer and/or cover more shipping fees

Ron T

W.O.M.D.
My take on FEEDBACK,as far as I'm concerned is NO FEEDBACK-NO DEAL.
Person walks into a car dealership with no credit,will most surely walk out with,what he went in with,NOTHING! Word of mouth is not what it used to be.
Bird in hand is better than 2 in the bush.

batwing

Addicted to Softballfans
New deals

New people who just refuse to ship first usually don't last very long on this site. We have all had to do it.

SilverSlugger7

Outstanding Bad Dealer
My take on FEEDBACK,as far as I'm concerned is NO FEEDBACK-NO DEAL.
Person walks into a car dealership with no credit,will most surely walk out with,what he went in with,NOTHING! Word of mouth is not what it used to be.
Bird in hand is better than 2 in the bush.

That's pretty dumb. Everyone has to start somewhere. In your case, you basically have ZERO feedback, as all of your "deals" are you buying, not selling. Pot meet kettle.

TrainWreck209

Hardcore since '84
ask him to ship first. if he says no and you don't feel comfortable, move on

if you both agree you can use a middleman, but you will have to wait longer and/or cover more shipping fees

This is the only answer.
Ron's ass is shipping first.