advice

Frozenrope88

Addicted to Softballfans
Ok. first of all i know absolutely nothing about fitness or diet. im 24, 6'3 and about 370lbs. im agile for my size but obviously could be better. so id like some help from you guys. i dont exercise a lot but i wanna start and i cant really say much about my diet. i dont eat bad but my portions vary a lot.

im gonna buy a basic bench with 100lbs to start with and i love using ankle weights and other body weights.

with what ive said what would be the best way to utilize this to start shedding some weight. i wanna target my core mostly but i dont really care as long as i move in the general right direction.

if any more info is wanted just ask and im more then willing to fill in blanks.

thanks guys

bndawgs

President-Elect
the easiest thing to do would be to burn more calories each day then you take in. i would concentrate on doing cardio first before worrying about weights. also you should probably see your doctor before you start exercising.

i'll let some of the monday morning personal trainers:D give you other advice.

create some small goals and larger goals to help you stay focused and motivated. good luck.

Ferrari1

Addicted to Softballfans
Do a Gluten free diet and CUT SUGAR!!! you will see a major change just in this! After that i would personally recommend working out in the morning! Start with cardio and dont be afraid to push your self! Lift some weights mostly free weights though! Hope this helps and good luck

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
Honestly, at your size and not knowing anything about diet and exercise, go see a doctor first, get a basic physical/yearly check up(really should be doing that regardless), then hire a personal trainer at your local gym, work with him/her a couple days a week for at least 1-2 months, or until you feel comfortable working out on your own. Let the personal trainer develop a plan for you, and they should be able to help with your diet, the key is sticking with it, not get frustrated and quit, like so many people do.

balcoballer

I REPORT POSTS
stop kidding yourself. you are not in good health and you are not agile like you think.

that is why you are close to 400lbs.

accept you are morbidly obese and you want to change.

kudos to you- it is never too late.

Hammerin' Hank

Addicted to Softballfans
stop kidding yourself. you are not in good health and you are not agile like you think.

that is why you are close to 400lbs.

accept you are morbidly obese and you want to change.

kudos to you- it is never too late.

he speaks the truth^ I 100% guarantee no doctor in the right mind would say you are in good health.

You definatley should see your doctor first before you start. If you had to start somthing today i would recommend an eliptical since it is easy on your knees.

It is great that you are doing this now though, trying to better yourself. Make sure you stick with it and see it through, dont get discouraged.

You should check out some exercises that you can do in a pool. Otherwise you are going to put even more on you joints, and take offense, but no one is healthy at that weight unless you are roughly 9' tall.

Wheels33

Coach
workout

Do a Gluten free diet and CUT SUGAR!!! you will see a major change just in this! After that i would personally recommend working out in the morning! Start with cardio and dont be afraid to push your self! Lift some weights mostly free weights though! Hope this helps and good luck

^^^^ What he says. Pricey but will work well! Never give up- Anything is possible! Tell yourself that everyday.

define healthy then

I can list everything that is tested by a doctor to determine your overall health, but that won't tell me if you are healthy or not. I am not a trained doctor.

If your doctor tells you that you are healthy, you need to follow that up with questions in regards to physical activity. He will give you basic guidelines to follow. That will give me a better understanding as to the suggestions that we can provide.

Frozenrope88

Addicted to Softballfans
i didnt say a thing about how if i exercised more often and actually paid attention to my diet that i wouldn't be this big. but there is nothing that says someone who weighs 300+ cant be as healthy as the next average guy.

to all those that actually were nice and helped i greatly appreciate it. maybe i will buy an eliptical instead when i get the money

I'm not trying to bring you down bro. You can get healthy and it seems that you are motivated to try, but you need to be honest with yourself, you can do it. I lost over 40lbs by changing my diet. No soda, no processed food, eat only locally grown vegetables, start a garden, go outside as much as possible, stop playing video games, stop watching tv, etc.

i didnt say a thing about how if i exercised more often and actually paid attention to my diet that i wouldn't be this big. but there is nothing that says someone who weighs 300+ cant be as healthy as the next average guy.

to all those that actually were nice and helped i greatly appreciate it. maybe i will buy an eliptical instead when i get the money

Please remember that you are on a free anonymous messageboard. You get the type of information that you pay for, which could include a good amount of FUD or broscience.

trick

OG Firebug
My advice for you at your weight...start by going for walks. Once your body in used to walking, walk a block and run a block. Then run 2 blocks and walk one, then run 3 blocks etc, etc. You just need to start. Then you just need to keep showing up.