After 100 games, my nokona edge X review.

A Cy 617

Dad, Fire fighter, bat flipper.
Hey everyone.

So I purchased a Nokona Edge X “clinch” this spring.

Initial review I thought the glove was incredibly stiff in the thumb, pinky and in the palm. The other fingers and webbing felt very sturdy, but soft. The smell was absolutely delightful. The laces were thick but definitely not as stiff as the Rawlings horween laces.

I wanted to save my review til after gaming it for half the year so here it is (pics included)

As the year wraps up for me, no glove has ever held up as well. The palm broke in and is very soft, absorbs balls well. The pocket I feel like is as deep as a 12.75 will get. The pinky and thumb are still as stiff as day one.

The leather shows no wear and this glove is 100% broken in. It’s molded to my hand, and is an extension of it. This glove is everything nokona said it would be, I recommend 10/10.

Only negative is the price point and limited access to getting one.

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
Thanks for the review. However, as far as aesthetics goes, there's never been an uglier or less refined looking glove in my opinion.

Does the phrase "look good, play good" bear weight in any aspect here? 😊😊

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Isn't that negative about a grand? I get mad enough about the balls I miss hotw, can't imagine how hard on myself I'd be with a thousand dollar glove missing those balls. Lol

Hiltz

Built for comfort
However, as far as aesthetics goes, there's never been an uglier or less refined looking glove in my opinion.

Ugly as sin but I can see the appeal of having all the stitching external with none of it touching your hand.

I'd just be worried about wearing through/breaking the stitching long before the leather ever gives out.

blakcherry329

Paying $1k for this glove is akin to paying $1k for a Luis Vuitton bag. Nothing more than a talking point. both are not aesthetically pleasing, at all. Just a status symbol. But as long as you're happy, who cares what other people think. ;)
Having said that, I have a rough time justifying a $3-400 glove, let alone $1k+. Not sure what a glove like that would have over the competition.
Unless it's like a tailored suit where your hand is measured and the glove is made to fit exactly? idk

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
I'd spend a grand on a glove.....if I were single!

I'd spend a grand on a glove.....but I probably wouldn't tell anyone!

I'd spend a grand on a glove.....if it were a one-off custom made just for me that fit me like a glo.....well, you know!

I've spent well over a grand on other things I enjoy.....rifles and handguns, never spent a grand on a knife and never will, but I have many "grands" tied up in the many knives that I do own!

Do what makes you happy! I'm glad Cy started this thread and I got to see a thousand dollar glove, good for him, hope it makes him happy!

*** I will say @fredderf's "Looks homemade" comment cracked me up, that was funny!

Someone tell Chad I might have a grand put back for a Tan one-off fully Horween custom NP6 with a I-web with all the old school goodies! Used to dream of one with a RV web but I think I'm over that now?

ogWarlock78

Addicted to Softballfans
Elephant?!?!
Well, I do have several pair of Nokona boots from when i lived in Texas in the 80's; bullhide and 2 pair of lizard..would go to the factory and buy "seconds". Back then it seemed to be a thing: "if it's on the endangered species list, I gots to have a pair of boots made from it!" Guess that's now a glove thing?

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
I kinda miss when Nokona was a blue-collar company that made brown gloves.
Their labor costs are high. Back when Wilson and Rawlings were in the same boat, it worked. now that Wilson and Rawlings have moved production overseas and can sell for less, Nokona has no choice but to go upscale.

Ugly as sin but I can see the appeal of having all the stitching external with none of it touching your hand.

I'd just be worried about wearing through/breaking the stitching long before the leather ever gives out.
This was my concern as well. Plus I have to admit, I'm also not a fan of the look with the stitches on the outside.

Wait what, this glove costs $1K?? I had an idea that it was expensive, but I dont know why I thought it was like in the $600 range, but $1K??? Holy molly! But I second what others have said, if it makes you happy and you can afford it, WHY NOT??!!