Any Altered Bat?

OneZero

Showboat
Thinking about giving Flexi-Seal a shot as a spray on rubber grip for a bat. Have not idea if it would work, but would doing this make a bat "alterered" or illegal for play in USSSA or ASA?

The only thing I can find in Utrip is the bat must have "....tape or grip addition to the bat. The bat shal have a grip of tape or some other material to facilitate holding the bat ..."

I can't get to the ASA rule book for some reason.

I'm assuming rubber would qualify as "some other material"?

sjury

The Old Man
The spray on grip will be very hard to get off. Why not just use tape? The grip on the bat doesn't matter that much, it's purely a feel thing, tape te handle get a glove that feels comfortable..

loaded weapon

Laying Wood
Have you tried any bat wax yet? It is great and it also does not tear up your batting gloves like spray glue does. I would tend to think that the flexi seal stuff would be hard on your batting gloves as well.

OneZero

Showboat
I've always taken the grip off and used one layer of tape 'cause I like the skinny handle feel, but it's hard on batting gloves. Neumans, spiderz etc, nothing has lasted more than a few months and I'm guessing it's due to the tape. Saw the spray stuff and was just debating giving it a shot...

loaded weapon

Laying Wood
Try the bat wax. I used it this year and 1 pair of gloves lasted all year for me. It actually conditions your gloves instead of tearing them up

TrainWreck209

Hardcore since '84
a guy I played with used this. no one said anything. makes basically a very thin tater grip
f58bedb4-ae5a-44e3-9f64-2403bddcf545_300_zpsd2807217.jpg

OneZero

Showboat
I may give it a shot on one and see what happens. The bat wax is a good idea too. I'll report back and let everyone know how it worked out.