An exciting 2 men ver. poptoss pitching machine. check out the videos!

dunkky

Distance is significantly greater than the original!!! And this 2 men ver. is no longer vacuumed or timer based anymore.

check out the the quick video i made. I'll let you see the distance yourself from the video.. use the promo: 0923 for most discount and start working on your mechanic with a friend, wife, son, anyone who doesn't know how to pitch. It's an exciting machine for sure.

at senior setting, that ball is a way beyond 40ft for sure..

chile

Bad Ape
seems easier than the blue flame for just a little more $...i'd say the biggest drawback is if something goes wrong with the poptoss maybe? with the blue flame, it's usually the spring that gives out after a lot of use and that is easily replaceable.

slowstepper

I tried to buy the original poptoss a few years back, they said out of stock, never responded to emails asking about availability etc. so i figured with that kind of customer service - no thanks

dunkky

A 2 man version defeats its main selling point in my opinion.

well, it has it own edge. if you are a type of guy just wanna do nothing but hitting with no back and forth walking and loading, then this is the machine for ya! some people wanna do group practice instead of solo.

they are also working on one men ver!

dunkky

seems easier than the blue flame for just a little more $...i'd say the biggest drawback is if something goes wrong with the poptoss maybe? with the blue flame, it's usually the spring that gives out after a lot of use and that is easily replaceable.
good thing you mentioned that because that's the only thing i had to do with my poptoss past a few years. when spring loose its life, i request for new one and good to go for a long time again.

dunkky

I tried to buy the original poptoss a few years back, they said out of stock, never responded to emails asking about availability etc. so i figured with that kind of customer service - no thanks
that's surprising considering how down to earth Pat is. I am pretty sure there might be a good reason behind that. if you have any question, please let me know bro. I can help you. IMO, you won't find a better solo pitching machine than this for its price... just check out my videos or link in my signature.. tell me if that's not gonna make you a better hitter then what else... practice mechanic is only way.. give them a second chance bro. believe me, why would Pat wanna loose a business from you unless there's mistaken.

chile

Bad Ape
good thing you mentioned that because that's the only thing i had to do with my poptoss past a few years. when spring loose its life, i request for new one and good to go for a long time again.

yeah, i couldn't remember what the "launch mechanism" was so if it's just a spring, then good to go. if we were to start playing regularly again, i'd definitely have a look.

dunkky

yeah, i couldn't remember what the "launch mechanism" was so if it's just a spring, then good to go. if we were to start playing regularly again, i'd definitely have a look.
og solo ver. creates vaccuum as you do the push in loading. Although I didn't have any timer issue, a few reported to have some. This ver. is free from timer issue, cuz there's no timer... it's simple pull or push mechanism and leverage the full strength of spring so, yield more distance.

Currently, they are working on solo ver using the same latest mechanism.

bigcam406

Addicted to Softballfans
It's great that they are improving the product. My question is how are they getting more distance out of the pitches when everything is the same except the new release mechanism? Does the new version have a different and stronger coil spring? Also I'm curious how a new solo version with this new release mechanism is going to work with one person. Thanks for posting the videos, still waiting for the weather up here to improve enough to use mine again.

Update : I just watched the Bat Hounds review on the new version. Interesting concept on how the new mechanism functions. I then went to the Poptoss website and saw that you can purchase spare parts for the Poptoss. It lists springs and air valves etc. , but it didn't show the new metal air valves or mention that the springs are different from the original. Any information about this would be appreciated as I have sent 2 emails in the past couple months and never received a reply back.

Last edited:

dunkky

hey bro, let me see if i can help you with this. who did you send email to? you can send to me. go to my website below and use that email

so, it's purely rely on stronger spring and it's using its full potential for the power. there's no air value, there's no vacuum. they are all removed. Therefore, you no longer deal with timing mechanism at all because ball launches when you unlock the lever. all purely mechanical based. Does that make sense. so, you are correct, power is derived from the spring where its power was being held it back with original ver. in order to support the air valve integration. so, if they make it longer and provide even stronger spring, distance will be even greater! I am going to suggest that idea to Pat along with some platform idea. As you can tell from my video, that platform is really easy to make. this new ver, if you want to pair up with your budy, it will be a great pitching machine. Let me know if you have more question. if you have purchased original ver, there's a chance that you may get additional discount(no guarantee) along with $9 discount using my vendor code which is the most discount you can get. I no longer buy/trade bats actively anymore unless they are broken, etc. there's no point. Only BP with good mechanic will improve your game.
I keep telling those guys with ****ty mechanic who plays tournaments almost every week to stop buying bats and just work on their mechanic... they don't listen. lol I simply cannot understand that at all..

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
If you're going to have someone to run it.............Why not just get a Blue Flame pitching machine instead?

dunkky

that is a very good question as i ask Pat a same question. I think there's pros and cons of each. i don't think you can go wrong either way. I had blue frame before.. and to be honest my experience wasn't that great with it in terms of consistency. poptoss is more versatile in someway. if can be set to do a self toss type. During the winter time, some wanna hit in the garage. I believe poptoss allow you to do that. this is two men ver. but they are working on solo ver as well that doesn't involve timing/air valve.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
that is a very good question as i ask Pat a same question. I think there's pros and cons of each. i don't think you can go wrong either way. I had blue frame before.. and to be honest my experience wasn't that great with it in terms of consistency. poptoss is more versatile in someway. if can be set to do a self toss type. During the winter time, some wanna hit in the garage. I believe poptoss allow you to do that. this is two men ver. but they are working on solo ver as well that doesn't involve timing/air valve.
Do they still have the previous one man version for purchase.. I have a blue flame but I find myself every year with less people that want to get out. Unfortunately this year if I don't get out sometime this week I will be starting my season with absolutely no swings/practice..
It will be the first time since I started playing 40ish yrs ago that I go into a season with no swings/practice of any kind. 😳

dunkky

Do they still have the previous one man version for purchase.. I have a blue flame but I find myself every year with less people that want to get out. Unfortunately this year if I don't get out sometime this week I will be starting my season with absolutely no swings/practice..
It will be the first time since I started playing 40ish yrs ago that I go into a season with no swings/practice of any kind. 😳
absolutely. to be honest, my experience has been, you can really focus better when you do a solo. because you have time to think about after each swing. seriously. you have to check all the marks instead of hitting them blank minded

1. is weight shifting happening.
2. am i engaging my hip
3. am i lagging or dragging.
4. am i extending fully with a good follow through.
5. make sure you don't roll over your top hand prematurely very important but overlooked by many. this also make you a better cutter.

get one bro, you won't regret. I had about 4 or 5 poptoss to test since i am one of the vendors, never had any issue with timer or anything. just need to wash it and oil it once a while. and you can't beat lifetime support. it still blows my mind when i see so many people with bad swing keep buying bats but never bother to work on their mechanic... at worst, you still get good workout and relieve stress. some people says it messes up your timing.. lol In my opinion, they have bigger issue then. baseball player who sees 100mph in games, do hitting drills with 60/70 mph all the time or a dude tossing the ball in 3 feets. wth! when you are ready, let me know bro!!

Big-Tony

Currently, they are working on solo ver using the same latest mechanism.
Do you know when the intended release date is for the solo pin version?

I got an email from Pat last year saying that the 2 person version would be out end of '22/begin of '23 and the 1 person version would be out in spring of '23...

dunkky

I don't know the time-frame, but i doubt solo ver. will be released in spring.. it's already summer... lol they are working on it though.

The current solo ver. is more than enough to be honest. And they solved the timing issue with the latest update. I personally had non of those issue with multiple poptoss. just clean and oil, always good to go... Just check out my bp videos, why wouldn't it work??? don't wait too long bro, price will only go up and when you can have fun now and work on your mechanic, why delay it. I regret i didn't get it earlier shoot, I could commend some respect a way earlier for sure. Now they started to respecting me. that happens when you batted .700 last two tournaments lol but because of my foot issue, i haven't played any game this year... still recovering. Again, this device comes with lifetime support. can't beat that... i emphasize again, don't buy anther bat. buy this and start working on your mechanic. Next thing you know, the joy you get from the game will be doubled... Cheers!!!

OG_WhenPigsFly

All Pigs Run
I don't know the time-frame, but i doubt solo ver. will be released in spring.. it's already summer... lol they are working on it though.

The current solo ver. is more than enough to be honest. And they solved the timing issue with the latest update. I personally had non of those issue with multiple poptoss. just clean and oil, always good to go... Just check out my bp videos, why wouldn't it work??? don't wait too long bro, price will only go up and when you can have fun now and work on your mechanic, why delay it. I regret i didn't get it earlier shoot, I could commend some respect a way earlier for sure. Now they started to respecting me. that happens when you batted .700 last two tournaments lol but because of my foot issue, i haven't played any game this year... still recovering. Again, this device comes with lifetime support. can't beat that... i emphasize again, don't buy anther bat. buy this and start working on your mechanic. Next thing you know, the joy you get from the game will be doubled... Cheers!!!

I got a pop toss last year and it’s paid huge dividends. Definitely no reason to delay, for what it is it works really well.

ImminentDanger

Up and Over
A 2 man version defeats its main selling point in my opinion.
I was thinking about this version - To make it one-man TRIGGERED....

You could make it STRING operated - Place a tent peg 3ft to the right of the launcher.
Then another tent peg at the pitch distance. Run a string from the launcher release pin
around the 1st tent peg and then tie it off at the 2nd tent peg at your swing location
keeping a little tension on the STRING (maybe even a tension spring attached to
the tent peg).

Tap the string with your foot or bat & the launcher release pin should activate the pitch.

%%%

Big-Tony

You misunderstood. I have the original version. I'm interested in the solo pin version due to the increased distance. It's closer to realistic if it manages over 40ft.

And I agree, they have great support. They've helped me out twice already, once with replacing the spring and another time with a new valve. That's part of the reason why I have no problem buying another one, when the solo pin version is released.

I'm just anxious for it to be available. 😆