Anarchy ASA Viper - good but....

tonys1

Got a chance to hit with my Viper tonight - the sound is not at all as I thought, it was actually a nice sound. First 30-40 hits stung a little but started to open up after that. Got about 200 hits in total, cant tell if there’s any webbing yet, but pocket radar was reporting 5-6 miles difference at the end versus the start. Only hit .40/375’s tonight, can’t say about distance compared to other bats as I was hitting off a tee toward the backstop around 15 feet away from home plate.

I like it though, definitely feels good. Perhaps because my expectations were set low, I was impressed by it.

tonys1

After cleaning her up, I am starting to see some webbing yeah - not as prominent as @BOLTMAN21 's bat, but it's there. It seems that my Pocket Radar setup is wrong (they have phenomenal customer service BTW), so after I fix those issues on my end, I'll post my readings from Demon - Nitrous - Viper if anyone cares. Their new model with the app is really sexy, it keeps logs on your phone and yells out your speeds after each swing.

BOLTMAN21

Manager
@BOLTMAN21 loves his Viper
I do! The weighting on it is perfect for my swing. The endload seems to be on the last 3-4 inches of the bat. So it swings smoother to me. The Demon out hits anything I have ever swung but at times I go into funks with it. Pitch me high and deep and I’m done. Haha. The endload seems to be all in the endcap and it’s a bit whippy at times. That said they have a totally different feel. Viper has just worked for me so far. But it is very very soft.

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
How does the firestick compare to the Demon
IMo firestick barrel is more crisp not as soft as the demon.Firestick reminds me of a Nitrious with a stiffer handle.Firestick takes some break in but named correct.

BOLTMAN21

Manager
IMo firestick barrel is more crisp not as soft as the demon.Firestick reminds me of a Nitrious with a stiffer handle.Firestick takes some break in but named correct.
Makes sense. Firestick is a Nitrious barrel with a Demon handle. The Nitrious came with the handle lots of people said was "too flexy".

BOLTMAN21

Manager
After cleaning her up, I am starting to see some webbing yeah - not as prominent as @BOLTMAN21 's bat, but it's there. It seems that my Pocket Radar setup is wrong (they have phenomenal customer service BTW), so after I fix those issues on my end, I'll post my readings from Demon - Nitrous - Viper if anyone cares. Their new model with the app is really sexy, it keeps logs on your phone and yells out your speeds after each swing.
How accurate are these radars?? I've been wanting to get one to compare bats and see how hard I hit, etc. I don't trust hittrax where everyone hits 105 mph on every hit spiked into the ground regardless of their swing.

tonys1

How accurate are these radars?? I've been wanting to get one to compare bats and see how hard I hit, etc. I don't trust hittrax where everyone hits 105 mph on every hit spiked into the ground regardless of their swing.

My speeds have been underwhelming to me, but one of their owners has been responding to all my emails, showing diagrams and even looking at pictures of my setup and is correcting me along the way. Fingers crossed that I can overcome those initial issues tonight. Once the initial setup is out of the way and you know what you're doing, it shouldn't be a pain anymore. They also sell a tuning fork to test accuracy, however they are out of stock at the moment.

Also discovered there's a way to separate recordings between different bats, so when you download your data, you can get readings for each bat / hitter / pitcher, etc.

BOLTMAN21

Manager
My speeds have been underwhelming to me, but one of their owners has been responding to all my emails, showing diagrams and even looking at pictures of my setup and is correcting me along the way. Fingers crossed that I can overcome those initial issues tonight. Once the initial setup is out of the way and you know what you're doing, it shouldn't be a pain anymore. They also sell a tuning fork to test accuracy, however they are out of stock at the moment.

Also discovered there's a way to separate recordings between different bats, so when you download your data, you can get readings for each bat / hitter / pitcher, etc.
Nice, what is the price for these? Including the tuning fork.

tonys1

Nice, what is the price for these? Including the tuning fork.

$399 just for radar, and like $25 for tuning fork. Check with Chad though, he should be carrying these by now.

Make sure it's the Smart Coach model if you want to have the app.

UncleMosk

Ok after taking about 20 cuts each on 6 bats to work out kinks in swing. Focused to hit line drives off tee and then looked to go for yard.

Viper needs an Awakening to get ready to strike. After 10 cuts felt confident that Anarchy has another solid bat to their reputation. Softer barrell as mentioned here is accurate.

Fence base was 300ish. Of the 6 bats pictured here all but one hit them out.

Viper / DCutter / Torch had 4 each
Flipper had 3
Nighthawk had 2
Techzilla fell short to a max of 290ish (However considering the technological advancements in bats this thing hung in there)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xSYZ5eK6jJTj3iXB9

SmartSelect_20190417-193849_Gallery.jpg 20190417_192510.jpg

tonys1

50-60 more cuts today with some BP pitching with a few guys from my team. I forgot how different tee work is vs even light pitching. While the Viper felt like a nice smooth barrel off the tee, we felt a few stingers with pitching. Nitrous still was the favorite, then Demon, then Viper.

Starting to web though and finally tonight the hologram came off :p