Anderson Ambush review

NYballer

Addicted to Softballfans
Just thought i'd post something about this bat since there is virtually no info about it. Anywhere. I've been playing for 24 years and a member of this board for a long time. I was the 4 hitter on all of my teams in my late twenties and thirties, and now starting to make the decline from age to other spots in the order. I started playing when we hit 36 oz aluminum bats and there was no such thing as composites. Anyway, my gamer bats of late do not do as well against the new balls (og usa mayhem, helmer, and an old og crush) I play all ASA and when I travel for utrip I use other's bats. I bought a few new bats for the new season, an ambush, greinert and triad. We hit them all tonight along with others for the first time. Balls were a mix of .52 300s, mostly ZNs. First off, i did not like the feel of the triad. It felt like i was hitting a marshmallow, very poor feeling at contact. We all hit 30 balls multiple times, rotating multiple new bats t o break them in. The combat started to break in quick and became impressive, my favorite of the bunch. The ambush was the sleeper that nobody, and i mean nobody thought was gonna be as good as it was. It was my second favorite and we had 6 NIW bats to chose from. One of my good buds chose it over everything and hit it exclusively in the second round of bp. It swings very balanced which i usually dont like but bought it in 30oz so it feels heavy enough. The combat is 28.5 and is pretty endloaded. It actually swings hevier than the ambush. The ambush's sweetspot and sound changed after 50 or so cuts. All in all its a very good buy, i got mine for 99 with receipt, and will keep updating this as we take more bp. Right now i could hit this bat exclusively this year over everything ive hit but the combat and my buddies broken in z2000, and ive hit many bats in the last couple years. My buddy only hit a couple hrs, but all were with the ambush. Mine and mostly everyone elses were spread out over all the bats, but i hit the most with the greinhart. My buddies z2000 is so sick right now we hit accidental hr for outs last year all the time. These bats are not that hot right now, but a couple of my shots with not all out swings with the ambush and greinert have me hoping they will become that hot. The other bats were a mako, a worth 454 (it was orange) and a psycho.

Last edited:

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I sold about 5 Ambush last year, not a bad bat but will break especially in cold weather and harder U Trip balls. Next years is a two piece, have the FP and its nice!