Anderson Huers General Discussion: The Sequel

Greenmonsters

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm not a Game of Thrones nerd like many of you, but I have my own vices. I got a new toy today. . . this is how I roll:

2012-02-07161952.jpg

All I can say Andy is that you're one horny bastard :D

jplum13

Eat the food Tina!
I stopped by the local JC softball field the other day and 3 out of the 6 bats in their dugout were Anderson:D.

BanjoDan

<font color="#8B3A3A">Finger Pickin' Good</font>
Seriously thinking about getting an FFL. If only I had a storefront.

jplum13

Eat the food Tina!
Seriously thinking about getting an FFL. If only I had a storefront.

How much does it cost for an ffl? I know guys that run out of auto shops and welding shops. They don't keep any inventory. CA is a pain in the ARSE to buy a gun.

BanjoDan

How much does it cost for an ffl? I know guys that run out of auto shops and welding shops. They don't keep any inventory. CA is a pain in the ARSE to buy a gun.

$200 just to apply for the licence. Then if you have all your ducks in a row, and get approved, a nice guy with an ATF jacket on comes to interview you.

jplum13

Eat the food Tina!
Charge your buddies $40 to handle their Gunbroker buys and you will make that money back in no time.

BanjoDan

My buddy's dad owns a resale shop. I was going to see if he'd be interested in leasing me space. That would be a storefront, and I already have a safe.

jplum13

Eat the food Tina!
Dang. It's $40 here. My dad is in AR right now and his local shop is charging $25 for a shotgun I'm shipping him.

BigBL87

29 oz, you say?
So, I just got my tax return back. It was decent sized, and I'm "allowing" myself up to around $200 to spend on myself. I'm trying to decide between picking up a new Vinci (EI1918-22), a new standard Utrip bat (probably the Mizuno Blackout), or perhaps something else. What say you, my fellow Anarchists? I'm leaning towards glove, simply because as much as I would like to have a Utrip bat, I don't really need one for any current leagues. My laptop is finally working now that I got a new AC adapter, so thankfully I don't need to get a new one either now.

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
So, I just got my tax return back. It was decent sized, and I'm "allowing" myself up to around $200 to spend on myself. I'm trying to decide between picking up a new Vinci (EI1918-22), a new standard Utrip bat (probably the Mizuno Blackout), or perhaps something else. What say you, my fellow Anarchists? I'm leaning towards glove, simply because as much as I would like to have a Utrip bat, I don't really need one for any current leagues. My laptop is finally working now that I got a new AC adapter, so thankfully I don't need to get a new one either now.

This may sound blasphemous, but you're probably good on bats and gloves. Save your money for a weekend trip somewhere, like a ball game or a camping trip. Do what you want to do, and bring the ladyfriend along only if she really wants to go.

BigBL87

29 oz, you say?
This may sound blasphemous, but you're probably good on bats and gloves. Save your money for a weekend trip somewhere, like a ball game or a camping trip. Do what you want to do, and bring the ladyfriend along only if she really wants to go.

Haha, good point my friend. My main reason for thinking about a glove was my smallest "nice" glove is my 14.25" BR45. I'm thinking it might be good to have a smaller glove for when I'm not playing 14" ball, and maybe for when I have a kid playing baseball someday (because being a Vinci, I fully expect it to last plenty long).

Sad thing is, I won't have time for a weekend trip until I'm married. I only get 1 day off a week as it is, thanks to my practicum and trying to work part time at the same time. Definitely something to think about though.

BanjoDan

I would totally use a 14 inch glove for a 12 inch softball. I used to before the Carpenter. That extra inch used to get me an extra catch or two in the OF every year.

brcunningham37

washed up pitcher
I never could use to the 14" feel just felt way to big for me as a pitcher. I use a 12.75 and I don't think ill ever go any larger..

sleepin4matty

Management Material
Well the LD of my local league has shown me exactly why the Nanotek is on the banned bat list....
(b) METAL BAT – Metal bats must have only ONE layer of metal which composes the outer wall/shell of the bat. The handle/neck of the bat may be made of a separate piece from the barrel of the bat. . An illegal inner wall/shell is defined as any metal cylindrical layer separated from or made of a different material than the core of the barrel of the bat, regardless of whether this layer is fused, bonded, or has a zero-tolerance with the outer wall/shell.
According to the Anderson website this makes the Nano illegal in this league: "The patent pending Anderson launchpad is a separate layer of complex nano metallic alloy that is molecularly bonded to the underlying aluminum bat structure to create a single metal wall."

Bummer :(

Last edited:

DSNuts48

Badass
Well the LD of my local league has shown me exactly why the Nanotek is on the banned bat list....
(b) METAL BAT – Metal bats must have only ONE layer of metal which composes the outer wall/shell of the bat. The handle/neck of the bat may be made of a separate piece from the barrel of the bat. . An illegal inner wall/shell is defined as any metal cylindrical layer separated from or made of a different material than the core of the barrel of the bat, regardless of whether this layer is fused, bonded, or has a zero-tolerance with the outer wall/shell.
According to the Anderson website this makes the Nano illegal in this league: "The patent pending Anderson launchpad is a separate layer of complex nano metallic alloy that is molecularly bonded to the underlying aluminum bat structure to create a single metal wall."

Well technically it's one piece if it is bonded molecularly.

Frisco Kid

Addicted to Metal

I'm assuming you already showed him the photo I've posted a million times of the Nano cutaway?

At this point, it's not even worth it to argue with your LD anymore. Just get an Ignite or a KSP or a Pyrotech and be done with it.

tumblebug

My name is NEO!

Well technically it's one piece if it is bonded molecularly.

The way this is explained in the ad copy is incredibly sensitive because of the way it is being used. The LDs are basing their rules on our ad copy. Our current copy, which is written for simplicity rather than technical accuracy, does not take that into consideration. It is being addressed.