Anderson SP composite

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Still waiting to get my hands on a demo, I hope they have done there home work. Kinda disappointed that there is only one model ( all stamps) and its balanced, no end load or ASA only :mad:

GrinningBear

World's deadliest house husband
Sigh. And there goes the cult following. Is this a CE thing? One of the Taiwan companies? Aren't there enough generic composites out there?

crf158

Benchwarmer
My favorite part is the fact that it is a slowpitch bat with a "-9" in the graphics on the website. (maybe it's really a slowtpitch bat?)

Igotbenched:-(

Addicted to Softballfans
They have 34/24 ( and others) in a fastpitch composite. Supernova I think. Curious to see where their headed in the future.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Who is Anderson now?

anderson has turned into bass

My favorite part is the fact that it is a slowpitch bat with a "-9" in the graphics on the website. (maybe it's really a slowtpitch bat?)

Define "generic composite"

All valid questions. As for who, they are a "group" of investors. They have moved into a building in Santa Feel Springs, not real far from my day job. I know that they could be capable of making metal bats, but not sure if they could do a composite. I also don't know the country of origin. They have been very busy with the move but, I hope to learn more and see the new facility's in the near future. For now I am glad to still be offering there products and will try soon to swing the new Flex single wall. I will be at a tournament tomorrow at Little Lake park with the demo bat. More info when I know more.....

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Oh forgot to address Jokers comment. I don't think there is a Kevin Bass entity there, least I hope not.

300exbat

Addicted to Softballfans
hmmnn, i'm curious about the supernova. no small knob, composite, and no feedback besides the videos they offer. i'd like to try one before jumping in; not having a fuzzy feeling. My girls love the small knob, just saying. Good luck to them, but its not the same any longer. Its the little things that get overlooked that will ultimately decide the outcome. Supernova may be something, but it may be a dud; don't know. I shall wait.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
My interaction with them has been positive but, they are not the same company. As far as bat design and engineering, they are no longer affiliated with Steven Anderson, that fact was stated by both party's. I to was a champion of the small knob but, the new ownership thought that most did not like it, hence it is gone. They did keep the Rocket Tech design (?) and name but all others are new designs and new materials. I think they wanted a clear line split between the old Anderson Bat Co and the new. I am happy to see a composite FP and SP. I am not happy with them dropping the Nano technology and the Flex link design s. I am willing to check there new product out and explore the opertunity to help them establish the name. As for the new designs I withhold any judgment until I or a skilled player get the chance to get some swings on them. So far the Flex seems like a nice bat, my demo is going to be hit more this week and I hope to acquire a demo composite very soon.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
Getting rid of that knob is foolishness, especially for SP. I understand the desire to be different but look where other companies are headed, Easton has been making small knob composites for a bit now and that line is pretty successful

Roo

I am Iron Man.
I am befuddled by their comment regarding the small knob.
Most of Tumble's old guard will agree that the small knob was an epic feature.
I know I do: I hate bats will manhole covers at the base of the handle.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I will have a demo Ambush composite next week. Pictures and some sort of review. I am cleared to swing but its been a long time. Hope to get a few friends together, need an idea on pop and distance that my batting won't be a good indication of.

Last edited:

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I am a mobile merchant for Anderson , I work locally trying to put the bats in the users hands so they can demo them.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Yes I am going to get high the Ambush and the Supernova soon. I am not sure how you go about it, I used to know a guy........

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Maybe when my face is done being beat in I can post a BP vid with one if you have an extra to send this way.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I been hurt for quite a while and need to come back slowly. That said plenty of bros to swing for me, just need money to buy my demos..........