another "is this a bish move" thread

SuperSurgeMC

Part Time Player
Just proof that you should have be a member for at least a year before you're allowed to start threads. :rolleyes:

I haven't been a member for a year, and I'm not an idiot... But I 100 % AGREE with your idea...

This is getting ugly... Just like my gratuitous use of periods...

Last edited:

D-Harm

Extra Hitter
hahaha, that is fine by me, my ASA bats are HOTTER anyway ;)

that tells me you are using the wrong Utrip and NSA bats then if you think that

So no answer to the question??? Sheesh....

Like I said, the league just switched from NSA and half of us forgot so I just pulled out any bat. Cry baby bishes about it, but at the same time he is pitching from an "illegal" pitching mound distance. For all you little rotards that can't figure it out, isn't it fair if he calls out my bat that I call out the pitchers mound???

the difference here is, you have a choice on which bat you use, he can only pitch from the mound where it is, and really, 3 feet doesn't make any real difference

RDD15

Addicted to Softballfans
Play by the rules. If you have a problem with him pitching from a mis-placed mound, then inform the umpire of that. If the ump tells you to STFU and play ball, then you can decide if you would like to play under protest or not, and if you do, go ahead and file a proper protest.

Swinging NSA/Utrip in an ASA ballgame is flat out bush league. The game has rules for a reason, and they should be applied by umps and followed by players.

The pitcher throwing from the pitching plate that has been permanently fixed into the ground is entirely different from one dummy deciding to grab an illegal bat. When the league surgically attaches your NSA bat to your hands, you might have a case to swing it.

You also do know that the second you step into the box with a non-ASA approved bat under ASA rules, the ump should toss your ass out of the game immediately, right?

RDD15

Addicted to Softballfans
And this part not directed at the OP...

Under ASA rules, you must pitch with at least one foot touching the pitching plate. There is no 15 foot "box" behind the actual pitching plate from which you can pitch legally.

D-Harm

Extra Hitter

Under ASA rules, you must pitch with at least one foot touching the pitching plate. There is no 15 foot "box" behind the actual pitching plate from which you can pitch legally.

^^^^^^^^^x2

redneck1991

Addicted to Softballfans

you beat me to it but I was puzzled that it went that far before somebody said it.

Dirtyremax

EAI/ComBat/Derby Life
So no answer to the question??? Sheesh....

Like I said, the league just switched from NSA and half of us forgot so I just pulled out any bat. Cry baby bishes about it, but at the same time he is pitching from an "illegal" pitching mound distance. For all you little rotards that can't figure it out, isn't it fair if he calls out my bat that I call out the pitchers mound???

Gosh, some of you must be working too hard today because your marble brains are not working

I call bullpoop! How do you just "froget" that you league changed from a good association to a crappy one? You knew! So, who is the dbag again?

doG

dabz
Just felt like crying....... I guess everyone is one of those that keeps on complaining to get every advantage they can. Plain and simple, my bat is illegal, but so is the pitchers mound. Solution, I put away my bat IF the pitchers mound is moved (I want that extra 3 feet closer to me when I rocket the ball back at his temple or earhole)

Yes this is the solution. Because the peope who put the mound in didnt put it in the correct spot you should try to hit a ball at him and possibly kill him because he called you out for using a cheater bat:confused: Jesus Christ dude i hope you get hit by a bus next time you cross the street the world would be a better place.

RDD15

Addicted to Softballfans
You sir are incorrect. You can pitch anywhere from 50ft to 65 ft within the width of the rubber.
FYI
ASA rule 6 (Slow pitch).1.A

The pitcher must take a position with both feet firmly on the ground and with one or both feet in contact with the pitcher’s plate.

No 15 foot box, the rule specifically states that a foot must touch the pitcher's plate.

Now, for SENIOR play, there is a 6 foot box that is allowed for in 6 (Slow Pitch).1.B, but everyone else has to touch the plate.

You sir, are incorrect. If you insist on disagreeing again, please quote the rule from the ASA rule book that allows the existence of this 15 foot box. (Hint, try the USSSA rule book, because its not in the ASA book.)

hitmachine44

Habitual Linestepper
FYI
ASA rule 6 (Slow pitch).1.A

No 15 foot box, the rule specifically states that a foot must touch the pitcher's plate.

Now, for SENIOR play, there is a 6 foot box that is allowed for in 6 (Slow Pitch).1.B, but everyone else has to touch the plate.

You sir, are incorrect. If you insist on disagreeing again, please quote the rule from the ASA rule book that allows the existence of this 15 foot box. (Hint, try the USSSA rule book, because its not in the ASA book.)

There definitely is NOT a 15' box in U-Trip.

synergy40

Addicted to Softballfans
Pitching Regulations (Slow Pitch) Preliminaries

Rule 6 Section 1A:
The pitcher must take a position with both feet firmly on the ground and with one or both feet in contact with the pitcher's plate. The pitcher's pivot foot must be in contact with the pitcher's plate throughout the delivery.

Rule 6 Section 1C:
The pitcher must not make any motion to pitch while not in contact with the pitcher's plate.

I will back you up, here is the second part to rule 6

RDD15

Addicted to Softballfans
Pitching Regulations (Slow Pitch) Preliminaries

Rule 6 Section 1A:
The pitcher must take a position with both feet firmly on the ground and with one or both feet in contact with the pitcher's plate. The pitcher's pivot foot must be in contact with the pitcher's plate throughout the delivery.

Rule 6 Section 1C:
The pitcher must not make any motion to pitch while not in contact with the pitcher's plate.

I will back you up, here is the second part to rule 6

AHHHHHThankyoooo.

The SECOND rule that specifically states that you must be on the pitcher's plate to pitch......Although it seems that the guy that called me wrong deleted his post and punched out of the thread rather than admit his wrongness.

tbatti

Addicted to Softballfans
AHHHHHThankyoooo.

The SECOND rule that specifically states that you must be on the pitcher's plate to pitch......Although it seems that the guy that called me wrong deleted his post and punched out of the thread rather than admit his wrongness.

Sorry. The NSA rule or at least NSA Canada is 50-60ft. The ASA rule I mentioned is a league rule added to the standard ASA rules that you stated, my bad as I mixed the two together.

Other note the OP is a tool regardless.

Fireman JB

My league was NSA and switched to ASA last year. There is a pitcher that is a real d-bag and complains about everything because he doesn't want to get blown up. So here's the situation: Last fall, our first year of ASA ball I used a NSA/UTRIP bat and he called it out right away. No prob and I put it away. Well, it turns out our pitchers mounds our still set up at 53 feet and not ASA regulation. So is it g2g if I pull out some NSA bats again this fall and if the crying bish says anything I politely explain to him I will put them away once the pitchers mound gets moved correctly to 50 feet??? :confused:

D-BAG:(:cool: