Another Middle Thread (Serious Question)

Mark1980

Manager
I hate going middle on purpose, and have never hit middle to try to hit someone. But I've noticed in our fairly competitive league other than a few teams, most teams pitchers are the biggest cry babies I've ever seen. Couple dudes out there start throwing a fit if you get a hit between the 2nd baseman and shortstop and dont even come close to hitting them. These same guys that cry about middle and get all out of sorts play for teams that hit up the middle as well, hell the biggest fit throwing pitcher of all shoots middle himself regularly.

I've noticed that some of these guys that get all out of sorts start walking people, and basically start pitching all over the place and get the yips out there pretty bad. Would I be wrong to encourage my team to soften these pitchers up a little by going up the middle from the get go? Its league, but its fairly competitive C league (pretty much E tourney caliber teams) where most teams are going balls to the wall to win. I'm not talking about buzzing the tower, but going for hits up the middle purposely. I know when you get into going for hits up the middle purposely sometimes hitting the pitcher accidentally happens, and I dont want to encourage my guys to go middle and end up hurting someone. I dunno. I probably wont say anything, but geez some of these guys get their panties in a wad over balls that are 5 feet and further away from them.

The dude who pitches for our team most the time goes out there with a mask, shin guards, wrist guards, cup, the whole nine yards, so I really dont think he gives a damn, as I've never seen him get rattled before.

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
The dude who pitches for our team most the time goes out there with a mask, shin guards, wrist guards, cup, the whole nine yards, so I really dont think he gives a damn, as I've never seen him get rattled before.

Who would get rattled with all that? And if they did, how would you know, under all that stuff? :p

KcCornhead

I knee capped a pitcher last night after he offered $20 to first guy to knock my mask off.....he was mad I threw a nice usssa pitch on a 1-2 count in asa and he chased it....he wasn't happy when he was iceing and I offered him my mask...shouldnt open your mouth

Jabroni21

Addicted to Softballfans
I knee capped a pitcher last night after he offered $20 to first guy to knock my mask off.....he was mad I threw a nice usssa pitch on a 1-2 count in asa and he chased it....he wasn't happy when he was iceing and I offered him my mask...shouldnt open your mouth

You just moved up on my friends list to 4,509.....

Mike11

master of swinging K's
Just tell your guys to do it, if you think it can get in the head of most pitchers do it from the start.

thats pretty much what we do in tourneys...we got a guy on our team who can smash it between SS and 2B so we lead him off against teams with head cases for pitchers:D.

we hit middle more than most teams but its just for hits not to hurt anybody

Fishstick5

Addicted to Softballfans
I always allow the other team to hit one up the middle to open it up, but you just have to know the other team and the pitcher

In our league some of the teams have really old guys that pitch so I don't go middle on them in case I mi****.