Another swing vid to critique...

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
No.........I took mine back.......Please remove mine from the good side and also keep him from trying any of the advice that I have given him.

tapout24

Manager
Swing is nice but I might be wrong but can you turn your hips more and push off your back foot to push more power through the swing?

BIGDOG44

In your head
If you look closely you can see that all I do is push off of my back foot. My shoes are all worn out in that area. And the next day after bp my right hip is pretty sore, as well as my hands.

thebestpr21

Addicted to Softballfans
If you look closely you can see that all I do is push off of my back foot. My shoes are all worn out in that area. And the next day after bp my right hip is pretty sore, as well as my hands.

^^^^This is probably because you are not using your hands as much as you should. You rely almost a 100% in your legs and you open up a lil bit early. I cant really tell from the angle of the video, but your hip might be a lil bit opened even when the front foot lands (before you start your stroke). That can make it harder to adjust to the outside pitch (not that important for slowpitch). Overall the swing is pretty good for softball, pretty good extension and you are hitting the ball in the sweet spot. Now, my personal opinion is that BP shouldnt be a HR derby. It should be where you practice your mechanics and weaknesses. Not sure if you are actually an "all-field" hitter, but thats something you should also practice in BP. If you take a closer look, most really good hitter have power and hit with consistency to all fields. Just my 2 cents....

BIGDOG44

In your head
well when me and antbanks10 do bp we almost always have an open stance cause we dont have a screen (i know its not too smart). But anyways, we dont try for bombs we just kind of try to hit the ball hard yet stay fluid. If you notice on all my swings, the swing stays the same weather its base hits or bombs. I can hit right side pretty good but i have to get an outside pitch to do it, and if i miss it, it's going right back at my pitcher. We're looking for a good screen to buy.

BIGDOG44

In your head
The field in this video looks like its 300+. But the field in the og post looks alot smaller? I know he says its 300, but it looks tiny!

Come on bro, are you kidding me?! the field is 300 ft. with a 10foot fence. Bro, look how far that ball went and how long it takes to clear the fence. If it was a small field it would have gotten past the fence a hell of a lot faster than that. And the 2nd hit hits the light pole like half way up. listen for the "thump" and how much later it is than when I hit it.

Last edited:

GrandCherokee

Addicted to Softballfans
Dude, don't know about your defense, but I don't agree with you saying you are just a normal E player. That is easily one of the better swings I have seen on here. Just the fact that you are fluid puts you way ahead of most I have seen.

BIGDOG44

In your head
Then you need to work in your bat control....LOL!!

I can hit them right side easy. But I dont want to take a chance on hitting my pitcher. Its nothing to do with bat control. Its about going with the pitch. So if you can take an inside pitch and hit it over the fence in right field....then you must be better than me.

BIGDOG44

In your head
Dude, don't know about your defense, but I don't agree with you saying you are just a normal E player. That is easily one of the better swings I have seen on here. Just the fact that you are fluid puts you way ahead of most I have seen.

Thanks for the compliment bro, but im E all day long lol. I'm pretty fluid because I dont swing out of my shoes. I only swing at maybe 75%. If I try to muscle up and smash it, it's usually a mi****.:D

durtyshotz

Extra Hitter
if i was you i would try and cut back on the bat jiggle some wasted motion there maybe even try starting your hands back further. nice shots i have a 11" vert so i would have robbed some of those homers lol

BIGDOG44

In your head
Last night I broke the bat used in this video :(. its super spiderwebbed on the tattoo side and after 15 bp hits last night i found a 3inch horizontal crack. It had maybe 100 swings when I got it an now has a total of maybe 500. But she was hot out of the gate! The crack is small so I might get another couple 100 swings on it. But im still sad.

BIGDOG44

In your head
You just have to know how to hit a 2 piece bat. I used to be die hard Easton 1 piece fan, but now i cant hit a 1 piece to save my life.