ANOTHER TWB glove review

swwee8

Addicted to Softballfans
First time post. Bought my glove on a whim. Super stiff. Quality is top notch for what you pay for. You cant beat this price for a custom glove. I will update after its broken in because thats what everyone wants to know. Ive had several a2000s and heart of hides. This glove seems to be not far behind. Its either 150-200 for one of those of 125 for a custom glove with similar quality. How impressed am I with TWB? Im already thinking of getting another one.

http://www.taiwanbaseball.com.tw/product_detail.php?p_id=1018&level0_id=9&level1_id=82

crazy thing is ~ it actually looks better in person.

THANK YOU TWB!

swwee8

Addicted to Softballfans
no i dont work for them. making or selling gloves is not really my forte. Only bought this glove because i was very disappointed with the clapbat glove.

FlashTheLeather

Addicted to Softballfans
First time post. Bought my glove on a whim. Super stiff. Quality is top notch for what you pay for. You cant beat this price for a custom glove. I will update after its broken in because thats what everyone wants to know. Ive had several a2000s and heart of hides. This glove seems to be not far behind. Its either 150-200 for one of those of 125 for a custom glove with similar quality. How impressed am I with TWB? Im already thinking of getting another one.

http://www.taiwanbaseball.com.tw/product_detail.php?p_id=1018&level0_id=9&level1_id=82

crazy thing is ~ it actually looks better in person.

THANK YOU TWB!

You are out of your mind. The TWB glove is a nice custom glove, but it is far behind an A2000.

swwee8

Addicted to Softballfans
Ive had three a2000 gloves. Sold them all because I dont play competitive baseball anymore. Currently using a rawlings gold glove. I would say the twb is definitely better than the gold glove (I have yet to break it in all the way but seems like it so far). Im not too familiar with nakonas mizunos tpx and other brands since I exclusively used rawlings and wilson a2000s, so to me the twb is quality is right in between the GG and A2000. You cant really say that I'm out of my mind because I've owned them before.

Flashtheleather. How far is it behind the a2000 in your opinion? In what ways does it fall that far behind? - my only gripe might be the lace quality (doesnt seem like the lace was treated with any oil)

Its really all personal preference. Some people swear by this others swear by that. I've owned a bunch of a2000 but to me Heart of Hides are better.

For me I enjoy things that are custom. I would buy another custom twb over an a2000. maybe its because looks matter and I can cater it to my tastes.

FlashTheLeather

Addicted to Softballfans
Here is my review from earlier this month...http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=852225&highlight=twb

I also enjoy custom things, but not when it comes to things that effect safety as well. Do I like bigger rims and tires on my truck...yes. Do I like less padding in my softball mitt when I have a 6'3" 280 lb. bomber swinging the bat and I am playing 3rd...hell no. Like I said, if I was buying a custom glove I would go with the TWB again. My Luguer is so far below the TWB it isn't even fair to compare the gloves. Likewise, I think the A2000 is a different caliber of glove compared to the TWB.

zero

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes, I own one.

Do you think they are or are not nice?

I don't know, I haven't seen a TWB so I can't say. Although I've seen the other gloves that they manufacture and those are pretty nice. I was asking becasue I wanted to see what you based your opinion on, and since you own one it definitely has weight. :cool: Are you happy with your TWB? Opps, didn't see your review......

Last edited: